Top 15 Most Valuable Cards from “Shiny Treasure ex!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Shiny Treasure ex released in Japan today! The set features over 170 secret rares, including shiny Pokemon.
We’ve gathered the average selling prices from Mercari, a popular auction website. These prices give us a clue of the initial interest in these cards.

Iono (SAR): 60,000 yen ($405)
Charizard ex (SAR): 30,000 yen ($203)
Gardevoir ex (SAR): 17,000 yen ($115)
Penny (SAR): 16,000 yen ($109)
Mew ex (SAR): 14,000 yen ($95)
Pikachu (S): 12,000 yen ($81)
Mimikyu (AR): 7,000 yen ($48)
Nemona (SAR): 6,000 yen ($41)
Clive (SAR): 4,000 yen  ($27)
Arven (SAR): 3,500 yen ($24)
Charmander (S): 3,000 yen ($20)
Miraidon ex (UR): 3,000 yen...

Continue reading...

I'm willing to bet money a majority of those prices are nowhere near close, or if so are gonna die out a month or two following release.
Also, these prices don't account for the difference in pull rate between Japan and US/EU right? English cards typically end up being more expensive.

I'm willing to bet money a majority of those prices are nowhere near close, or if so are gonna die out a month or two following release.
Also, these prices don't account for the difference in pull rate between Japan and US/EU right? English cards typically end up being more expensive.
They aren't I was checking on ebay after seeing this and most of them are off by 20 or more. An iono just sold for 450 & 550. Gardevior is around 170. Watched a case get opened today and you only get like 1-3 of SAR per case. Pulls looked rough from all the videos I saw. Lots of full art noiverns and skeleridge. Non of the God packs I saw had the SAR either. Just the AR in the front

Leave it to the best disruptor to disrupt the market again! I wonder how insane the prices for Iono will get THIS time… ⚡⚡⚡

So far for SV standard ex’s (double rare) and art/illustration rares are cheaper in Japanese and Korean. Full art Pokémon are about the same price (maybe slightly cheaper in English). SARs/SIRs and gold cards are substantially cheaper in English. Full art trainers tend to be ridiculously more expensive in Japanese, especially the waifus.
I tend to buy AR/IR and sometimes standard ex’s in Japanese/Korean and the rest in English.

My guess based on European prices is that Iono will end up around €30-50, Charizard around €60-80, and Gardevoir €30-50. But they might change up the pull rates for this set, of course. I’m especially hoping the baby shinies are easy to pull. Not gonna be much fun to open packs otherwise.

I am sad the set did not bring any new cards such as crown zenith or other special sets, they did not even print one new viable card unless you count the new charmander and esparthra

Lol compare Iono here and there. The card is more than five times there.

The weird crowd will control the market in Japan and always chase the underage female trainer cards, then the prices come down to Earth in English where the chase focus shifts to the usual suspect Pokémon present in this set. Happens every time. ?‍♂️
Wasn't Iono also the most expensive card in Palled? and Mimi in SVI?

Not sure how I feel about this article. Always thought Pokebeach was more of a players' resource rather than market value chasing

The weird crowd will control the market in Japan and always chase the underage female trainer cards, then the prices come down to Earth in English where the chase focus shifts to the usual suspect Pokémon present in this set. Happens every time. ?‍♂️
That reminds me, do we even know how old some of these characters are? Dendra’s 25, Ryme’s at least 53, but I swear, Iono’s a wild card… I feel like she’s at least 16 realistically, possibly just a petite adult, but either way, that doesn’t make the Waifu Tax any less of an annoyance ?‍??

Not sure how I feel about this article. Always thought Pokebeach was more of a players' resource rather than market value chasing
I feel like it’s partially my fault since I mentioned the current prices over on the Secret Rares thread ??

A CARD FROM USGMEN ?? No way dude, I love their art so much!! I recognized the style right away.

I'm gonna need that Mew.

Back