Top 12 upcoming Plasma Freeze cards.

Mora said:
Hegafire0 said:
They would just catcher kill all your Altaria. Just Latias, Pluspower, and Full Heals

That argument doesn't seem to bother RayEels.

That's also because the Eels aren't the only thing they can kill. They can't kill Latias, so they would most definitely kill as many Pokemon as possible, all being Altaria.

Black Kyurem, which we were talking about, can attack Latias, and probably will attack Latias. It certainly beats the aforementioned playing two Plus Power every turn. Regardless, I would like to reiterate that I was:

Mora said:
just pointing out

Mora said:
Black Kyurem, which we were talking about, can attack Latias, and probably will attack Latias. It certainly beats the aforementioned playing two Plus Power every turn. Regardless, I would like to reiterate that I was:

Mora said:
just pointing out

I know that you were just pointing it out, and I'm just explaining why Altarias would be a bad idea. Black Kyurem isn't extremely common in Keldeo decks, and even when it is, there usually isn't more than 1.

Hegafire0 said:
Mora said:

I know that you were just pointing it out, and I'm just explaining why Altarias would be a bad idea. Black Kyurem isn't extremely common in Keldeo decks, and even when it is, there usually isn't more than 1.

It's still better than Plus Power. If you're only doing 70 damage per turn, it's hardly even worth it. It needs to do the extra damage because it's unlikely Latias will wall entire decks. Most everyone I've seen has actually used two Black Kyurem. Why would you not run at least two copies of a card that can OHKO anything? You do 140 to Black Kyurem; it OHKO's Latias. You send up another Latias and KO Black Kyurem. They respond with another Black Kyurem and OHKO you again. That's certainly isn't more viable than being able to OHKO back.

Mora said:
Hegafire0 said:

It's still better than Plus Power. If you're only doing 70 damage per turn, it's hardly even worth it. It needs to do the extra damage because it's unlikely Latias will wall entire decks. Most everyone I've seen has actually used two Black Kyurem. Why would you not run at least two copies of a card that can OHKO anything? You do 140 to Black Kyurem; it OHKO's Latias. You send up another Latias and KO Black Kyurem. They respond with another Black Kyurem and OHKO you again. That's certainly isn't more viable than being able to OHKO back.

They would still kill 1 Latias, then kill 4 Altaria for the remaining prizes. With Pluspower, you use 2 and OHKO the BK that OHKO'd your Latias, he sends out BK#2 and OHKO's you, you send out another Latias, use 2 Pluspower, and OHKO, leaving them nothing to damage your remaining Latias except for Wartortle.Your opponent still has 2 prizes left and no way of getting them.

That's why I put Latias under honerable mentions. It's good in certain situations (Keldeo, Darkrai) but awful in others (landorus Mewtwo). From the looks of things, there are a lot more big attackers that don't have any abilities, so this might be a card that gets worse as the game progresses. Not to mention the attack is pretty poor.

pokedan24 said:
That's why I put Latias under honerable mentions. It's good in certain situations (Keldeo, Darkrai) but awful in others (landorus Mewtwo). From the looks of things, there are a lot more big attackers that don't have any abilities, so this might be a card that gets worse as the game progresses. Not to mention the attack is pretty poor.

I just felt like mentioning it because it's a Keldeo troll.

Hegafire0 said:
They would still kill 1 Latias, then kill 4 Altaria for the remaining prizes. With Pluspower, you use 2 and OHKO the BK that OHKO'd your Latias, he sends out BK#2 and OHKO's you, you send out another Latias, use 2 Pluspower, and OHKO, leaving them nothing to damage your remaining Latias except for Wartortle.Your opponent still has 2 prizes left and no way of getting them.

If you think it's more feasible to play four Plus Powers in two turns than have at least one Altaria in play, just stop right there.

Mora said:
Hegafire0 said:

If you think it's more feasible to play four Plus Powers in two turns than have at least one Altaria in play, just stop right there.

I'm just saying that if you play Altaria, they will kill them all, and most likely kill one Latias and win. I didn't say that playing 4 Pluspowers in 2 turns was a good idea, I just said it would prevent them from getting 4 prizes from the extra damage.

Hegafire0 said:
I didn't say that playing 4 Pluspowers in 2 turns was a good idea

Hegafire0 said:
With Pluspower, you use 2 and OHKO the BK that OHKO'd your Latias, he sends out BK#2 and OHKO's you, you send out another Latias, use 2 Pluspower, and OHKO,

By the way, while they're OHKO'ing your Altarias, you can 2HKO their EX's.

Of course this is all theory; I haven't tested this and nor do I plan to. I only said anything to point out an obvious synergy that would make an interesting card a little bit better.

Oh, good catch. Altaria is still more efficient, though. And you still 2HKO everything.

Yes, it is. The deck still works, though, because you can pair it with White Kyurem EX (BC) to OHKO BKEX and provide much-needed energy accel.

White Kyurem only accelerates to itself and with a coin flip. Though I do agree it needs energy acceleration. I'd either use Victini or Pokedex/Ether.

Frozen City: I've got mixed feelings about this card. Yes, free damage is always nice, but a lot of decks run other stadiums. Skyarrow Bridge and Virbank City Gym come to mind, and they're not exactly rare to see played. Unlike Skyarrow and Virbank, you don't have any way to IMMEDIATELY benefit from it the turn you play it. It's very well possible (and likely), that it'll be a wasted card when your opponent simply replaces it with their stadium on the following turn. It's worth trying out still, but I honestly don't have the highest hopes of this card.

Anyways, am I the only one that sees the potential in the upcoming Eeveelutions? I'm not talking about Umbreon and Glaceon (even though they're decent in their own right). Leafeon is Keldeo's worst nightmare, and Vaporeon outright counters one of Eevee's biggest banes: Landorus EX. They're all Plasma, too, so they benefit from all that good Plasma support. The "EEVEES CAN BE DONKED, SO THEY SUCK" excuse is a load of crap. TYNAMOS can be donked, yet that doesn't stop players from playing their Eels, and even the Eels are squishy, too. Eeveelutions techs WILL see play despite Eevee's fragility. Whether they're providing extra HP, low/free retreat costs, or being used as easy-to-use counters against popular EXs, they provide a lot of tech support that many decks will welcome. In fact, it's so much tech support from a single evolution line, even Eeveelution toolbox tech decks are somewhat possible with the right build and support.

Whatever happens, though, I really look forward to Plasma Freeze. It's nice to have yet ANOTHER super good set following Plasma Storm.

There's a reason we play Eels even though tynas can be donked:

Eels are the best energy acceleration in the game.

I see none of the eeveeloutions being important, whether or not you Eevee-fanatics want to admit it, they're not good for being stage 1s.

However, a card I DO see potential in is Kingdra. In Keldeo, it could act as a crucial Energy Retrieval for rather high damage, and on one energy, is not a huge risk. Sure, you use a rare candy to get it, but you only run 1-1 or 2-1 or 2-2, just to fish out energy lategame.

PellOfTheTundra said:
There's a reason we play Eels even though tynas can be donked:

Eels are the best energy acceleration in the game.

I see none of the eeveeloutions being important, whether or not you Eevee-fanatics want to admit it, they're not good for being stage 1s.

You're missing the point. The "donkability" of a basic doesn't make its evolutions suck. The Eeveelutions may not be the next broken thing that rich people look for (not intended to sound snotty if it did), but that doesn't mean they have nothing going for them. How many playable grass pokemon are there in the format right now? None. Even Virizion has faded from the competitive scene. This is why Leafeon has potential. One colorless energy (no need to change your energy supply around) to smack a Keldeo EX (which is undeniably a popular card) is nothing to dismiss as "unimportant" if your deck struggles against it.

Now, Umbreon's true playability remains to be seen. Extra HP is always a good thing, but with the cast line of Plasma support trainers, it could very well be squeezed out of decklists. Even so, it could still spawn some tank-based Plasma decks.

Glaceon isn't as good as say Keldeo EX or Darkrai EX, but if your Plasma deck already runs Eevee for Umbreon or Leafeon, one copy isn't going to spell doom for you, especially if you're squeezed on space, as Keldeo EX needs Float Stone or Skyarrow Bridge to work as a retreat cost reducer, and Darkrai EX is restricted to the use of dark energies for free retreats. For Plasma pokemon, Glaceon just needs to look pretty on the bench to keep Deoxys EX or Umbreon from being Catcher bait.

Flareon looks terrible on the surface. Its "true" potential would rest in the late game in a heavy pokemon count, discard-based Plasma engine to increase Vengence's power. Junipers and Ultra Balls are obvious. Team Plasma Grunt further helps. Weavile, as intriquing as it is, is too unreliable and harmful (to you) to use. More than likely, its best partner would be a fast pokemon like Landorus or Plasma Kyurem to fill in for the early game.

Jolteon sucks. Terrible damage output even with Deoxys EX. It's a lesser wanna-be Beartic NV. Espeon is slightly better, but not by much. Probably won't find a spot in any deck except a crazy-determined Eeveelutionist's fun deck.

I should probably stress that the Eeveelutions, while significantly better than their terrible DEX counterparts, are best used as techs, not main attackers. That's probably the ONLY way they can even be used at all. No Eeveelution has managed to attain the "main attacker" title since the early DP days when a few Leafeon Lv X decks had their shortly-lived moment of fame and glory, and I doubt that it'll happen again anytime soon, as TPCI is too "big-bad-basic-EX" happy right now. /rant

Perhaps I chose the wrong place to talk about the Eeveelutions, though. Here I am talking about "techs" in a thread where people are discussing what the broken cards are that will change the format as we know it. In that regard, I apologize for straying off-topic. I just felt the need to place my two cents concerning the set that I've been (and still am) anxiously waiting for, both for the Eeveelutions and non. Being a crazed Eeveelution fan doesn't mean that we're all blind. It just makes us more determined. We can still distinguish the difference between good and bad cards.

Concerning Kingdra, I'm up on the wall about it. Including it as a tech line is difficult for any stage 2 considering the mild inconsistency that is usually accompanied by it. I expect to see people try it in a dedicated deck, or even as a small addition to Gartaria (since Gabite great improves consistency), but it may fade away. It mostly depends on what altered format awaits us and whether or not Kingdra can grasp that "OMG" factor that most Stage 2s require to be successful. I personally just don't see it. Plasma Kyurem and Landorus EX are basics and spreads damage with ease AND have a second attack that hits hard. The only thing it has going for it is its crazy-low energy cost. It'll be interesting to see what happens to it regardless.

Kingdra only functions when you have water or lightning in the discard. WHEN, in Fluffychomp, are you throwing Waters into the discard?

My thing with adding a small tech line to Keldeo is that early-midgame energy loss is inevitable. Energy Retrievals only go so far, and thus, Dragon Maelstrom can do two things at once: hit for a lot of damage (9 energy back to the deck for 180) and get energy you lost back to your deck.

Back