Too Old For Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixNumbers

Oceanic Flight 815
Hi.

This is my fifth(?) post on this forum and I was just wondering...do you guys think I'm too old for pokemon or at least the pokemon tcg (I'll never stop playing the DS games, that's for sure!)...I'm 22 :x

I just got into the game recently. Once I learned the rules I just had to play! I recently purchased an Arceus booster box as well as a Rising Rivals* booster box and they should be here soon...Plus I bought all the energies I need seperately.

I'm really into the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG and have been for a while (just online play, never been to a real-life event) but just thought I'd try this game out too.

-None- of my friends play any of these games and they don't even know I'm into them, lol. So it pretty much sucks that I have nobody to play but at least there's always the online community!

And you may ask why I'm buying cards if I don't plan on playing in real life...well I wouldn't mind collecting them either and I've heard some people play on skype so that would be cool. Heh.

Well I bet no one's going to want to read this essay, ha, but just thought I'd get it out there...is anyone else in my situation?

P.S I'm Canadian-eh.

There is no age to high to not play pokemon. I myself am about to turn 19 and still find the game VERY enjoyable. At my last tourny the oldest person in the room playing was 65. So trrust me you are not too old to play this game. You should also try to get your firends to play with you. If they are good friends they will try to take an interest. If they dont want anything to do with you as a result then I must say they are some very poor friends.

I'm very interested in this. :) You know, i'm only almost 14 and I had the same problem. :D But I can tell you this: You're never too old to play pokemon, no matter what any idiots think. But what you should do is learn how to play well, get more competitive, and start going to leagues and tournaments. Just look up locations on go-pokemon.com. There are bound to be some near you! Once I started going to a league this was a lot less of a problem and I got better at the game. You'll soon make many friends of all ages that also play pokemon. :)

DarthPika said:
No, you're not too old. lol Lot's of people in thier 20's - 50+ play.

this is true...I'm 32...most of my team are in their 20's (if not all of them)...I have almost all the GBA Pokemon games, and have Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Ranger, and Ranger 2 on my DS...while you won't neccessarily find me watching the anime or reading the manga...I do like Pokemon...especially the TCG and VGs

And if anybody says Poekmon is a little child's agme, well those are just noobs who buy the cards for very different reasons. :D

Too old for the Pokemon TCG? Pshh. Most of the people who play it are 16+. xD

Buying the stormfront box wasn't very smart, as its getting rotated soon.

EDIT: Ninja'd x5 :(

Oh and tghsi might not help someone over 20 as much, but when you're an age like 14 if someone calls you immature tell them the packs recommend players ages 10 and UP.

Well it's comforting to know that there are some people around my age.

Also sonicyellow, I meant to write "Rising Rivals" not "Stormfront" woops...The one with Scizor on the box. But I didn't know they were being rotated so it's a good thing I didn't get anything from the DP sets. :x

Well nothing's really confirmed about what sets are getting rotated, if any, we're just using probability. And good choice of sets, Arceus and Rising Rivals are the two best sets to buy right now, for sure.

SixNumbers said:
Well it's comforting to know that there are some people around my age.

Also sonicyellow, I meant to write "Rising Rivals" not "Stormfront" woops...The one with Scizor on the box. But I didn't know they were being rotated so it's a good thing I didn't get anything from the DP sets. :x

Oh, then you made a pretty good choice with your picking ^^

Still yeah, at most tournys more than half of the ppl are masters :O

sonciyellow you got ninja'd by me yet again.

I'm 22 and In Canada too lol, In Toronto specifically :p what about you?

Anyways, yea I just got back into the game after organizing some of my cards. I don't play but am more of a collector. I'll start playing later but I love collecting the cards lol.

None of my friends play either and I wouldn't care what they think, if its something you enjoy go for it! Besides they sometimes tease me about it but whenever I show someone my binders they are always impressed :p

I'm 22 as well. Tonight at league there was a Magic player (another game I play) at a concurrent tournament said "There are only 2 people here not too old for Pokemon and one of em is in a car seat."
My response was, "Someone has no inner child."
Don't let it get to ya. Pokemon is meant for everyone. Half our Saturday league is masters.

Kamina said:
I'm 22 as well. Tonight at league there was a Magic player (another game I play) at a concurrent tournament said "There are only 2 people here not too old for Pokemon and one of em is in a car seat."
My response was, "Someone has no inner child."
Don't let it get to ya. Pokemon is meant for everyone. Half our Saturday league is masters.

I would've replied..."there is 1 person not old enough to play MTG...and they're talking out of their sphincter, perhaps a run to the bathroom might help them get the rest out"

ridicule...how I love to dish it back

The Magic community here is pretty much crap. They don't play magic, they play the system. 4 players drew all 4 matches of a Pro tour qualifier and still made top 8 cuz of their tiebreakers. So most of what they say goes in one ear and out the other. Pokemon is more fun now than ever! I'm pumped for HG/SS!

Kamina said:
The Magic community here is pretty much crud. They don't play magic, they play the system. 4 players drew all 4 matches of a Pro tour qualifier and still made top 8 cuz of their tiebreakers. So most of what they say goes in one ear and out the other. Pokemon is more fun now than ever! I'm pumped for HG/SS!

yea, we have some pretty cool MTG players around here...I'm not as excited about HGSS as some other players...but I do want to get my hands on some of the pokemon and TSS's coming out...but the set as a whole, I'm not all that excited about...I think the whole baby pokemon thing is severely gaytarded...if you're gonna make it so baby pokemon can't evolve, bring back the old baby rule where you have to flip to attack them, especially if you're putting them all back to 30hp

No one is ever too old for pokemon for most players we grew up on this stuff so its never gonna leave us the other half is people who were intrigued and taken into the series when it came out. Obviously those are the older people. Im proud to say I started collecting since base set. So yes i grew up on pokemon, and im 19 about to be 20. Wish there was a league around me :(

When I judged at the Cities at Concord, CA, I saw a fair amount of 50+ year olds duking it out. I laughed a little on the inside, mostly because it justifies the notion that you're never too old for card games. It's quite cool seeing entire families taking part also.

Yup. And at our league, though there aren't too many people overall, the population decreases as the age division gets younger it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back