• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard ToadTina (Seismitoad EX / Giratina EX)

socery

I love being bad
Pokemon: 10
  • 3 Seismitoad EX
  • 3 Giratina EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 1 Bunnelby
  • 1 Hydreigon EX *pardon spelling* (for regice)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers Mail
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 Crushing
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 1 Parallel City
Energy: 11
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Water Energy
Strategy:

Use the inherent speed to lock them with the pokemon of their choice. Not a complicated deck.

Last edited:
Great news: you only have 38 Trainers listed, not 39; so, you get to add 1 more card. :) I'd suggest adding another card-drawing Supporter. Otherwise, you have a very nice, solid, well-balanced (the Bunnelby and 3 W are clutch, IMO) list.

As you know, I am not a big fan of "flipping" coins when the outcomes are crucial to my game winning strategy. So, consider replacing 1 Super Scoop Up with an AZ (or Cassius) that will provide 100% success.

Last edited:
Made some changes:
-1 SSU
+1 Shauna

@TuxedoBlack I, from personal testing, have been dead drawing way to much. Also, I was forgetting the Hydregion EX I have in there for regice.

I like the idea of Hydregion. The deck gets really shut down by the Jerachi Promo card. Hydregion sounds like a counter against the card.

Giratina I feel would be horrible to start with so maybe:

-1 Giratina-EX
+1 Sycamore

But it's not because usually you can power it up turn 2. And there is SSU and switch.

-that is, if you aren't head ringered, or run into a dead hand

I'd replace a Giratina with another Toad. You want turn 1 Quaking Punch as often as possible to slow down the opponent.

Don't got another toad. Also, I just don't like it that much, but it does win you games. Also, @kai88 Super Scoop up gets rid of ringer. with 4 mail and shaymin, you usually don't miss.

In almost all siesmitoad and giratina decks, they run 3 Toad and 2 Tina as a final blow to hurt your opponent. If you look at some of the top 8 regionals lists, you can't find one with more than 2 Giratina. You also won't always get the right cards you need in each hand. Especially with only 5 draw supporters you can't put that much trust into your deck so I think it would be best to take out a Giratina for a Sycamore.

Don't got another toad. Also, I just don't like it that much, but it does win you games. Also, @kai88 Super Scoop up gets rid of ringer. with 4 mail and shaymin, you usually don't miss.

After testing, 4 mail runs through your deck WAY too fast. Instead, wynaut try something like taking one or two out for more stadiums?

@awesomeMSG I know the lists and such. They are also expanded. I know that most don't play more than 2 tina, but i'm going to keep it that way. I believe it's worth it. Also, in my area Special energy is really big, as well as megas. Tina is actually being used more as a main. I'll test with it however. Good ideas.
@kai88 What? taking 4 cards out of your deck makes you burn through it? even if I used them for sycamores, i'm not sure I know what you mean. They are great constency cards and honestly, the deck has been better with 4. Oh and Giratina locks stadiums.

Sorry if I seem defensive and sorry for the poor grammar/speelong.

Back