• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded ToadKazam

PokieMorff

Aspiring Trainer
So, I have an upcoming expanded tournament and I was contemplating playing a mix of Seismitoad/alakazam. The thought process behind this is the same as the previous toad/bats. Toad item locks while alakazam does extra damage. Then if needed, alakazam comes out for extra damage (of course removing item lock but oh welz). I contemplated the Virbank city Gym as my stadium, but I thought if i needed to use Alakazam, dimension valley would help me out better. I was hoping to get some input on how to make this deck better. I understand it may not be the most META expanded deck, or even amazing... however I think it has potential and will likely be pretty fun as I really enjoy the concept behind M Alakazam.

Pokemon: 11
3 - Seismitoad EX
3 - Alakazam EX
3 - M Alakzam EX
1 - Jirachi (XY67)
1 - Hoopa-EX (AOR-36)

Trainers: 39
4 - VS Seeker
3 - Hypnotoxic Laser
3 - Dimension Valley
3 - Trainer's Mail
3 - Ultra Ball
3 - Alakazam Spirit Link
3 - Super Scoop up
3 - Devolution Spray
2 - N
2 - Professor Birch
2 - Professor Sycamore
2 - Lysandre
1 - AZ
1 - Rockguard (ACE SPEC)
1 - Special Charge
1 - Switch
1 - Teammates
1 - Pokemon Ranger

Energy: 10
4 - Double Colorless Energy
4 - Psychic energy
2 - Mystery Energy

So, I have an upcoming expanded tournament and I was contemplating playing a mix of Seismitoad/alakazam. The thought process behind this is the same as the previous toad/bats. Toad item locks while alakazam does extra damage. Then if needed, alakazam comes out for extra damage (of course removing item lock but oh welz). I contemplated the Virbank city Gym as my stadium, but I thought if i needed to use Alakazam, dimension valley would help me out better. I was hoping to get some input on how to make this deck better. I understand it may not be the most META expanded deck, or even amazing... however I think it has potential and will likely be pretty fun as I really enjoy the concept behind M Alakazam.

Pokemon: 11
3 - Seismitoad EX
3 - Alakazam EX
3 - M Alakzam EX
1 - Jirachi (XY67)
1 - Hoopa-EX (AOR-36)

Trainers: 39
4 - VS Seeker
3 - Hypnotoxic Laser
3 - Dimension Valley
3 - Trainer's Mail
3 - Ultra Ball
3 - Alakazam Spirit Link
3 - Super Scoop up
3 - Devolution Spray
2 - N
2 - Professor Birch
2 - Professor Sycamore
2 - Lysandre
1 - AZ
1 - Rockguard (ACE SPEC)
1 - Special Charge
1 - Switch
1 - Teammates
1 - Pokemon Ranger

Energy: 10
4 - Double Colorless Energy
4 - Psychic energy
2 - Mystery Energy
I don't see much point in the mystery energy. You already have Scoop Up and AZ. A good idea would be to replace the 2 with 2 Shaymin EX, 2 Jirachi EX, or a split between the 2.

Back