• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard TinaChomp Test list

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
So, I’ve been taking a look at multiple cards from post rotation, and I’ve been really enjoying the idea of TinaChomp. With the ability to hit 240 on anything, and with rapid charge powers, it’s quite the effective deck. Here’s a list I thought i might test:

3 Garchomp Giratina TTGX
1 Mewtwo Mew TTGX
4/4 Inkay-Malamar line
1 machamp marshadow TTGX
2 Jirachi TEU
1 Jirachi GX
2 Giratina LOT

Supporters:
4 Cynthia
2 Lillie
2 Erika's Hospitality
4 Mysterious Treasure
4 Pokemon Communication
2 Cherish Ball
2 Reset Stamp
2 Switch
4 Spell Tag
2 Escape Board
1 Adventure Bag
3 Viridian Forest

Energy:
3 Fighting
7 Psychic

So, any thoughts?

I'll give my honest opinions :)

You don't need three Tinachomps nor Jirachi GX. Jirachi GX is just for Mewthree and Mewthree should only be used to clean up games after a KO or in case your Tinachomp is in the discard. Instead I would change that Jirachi GX to another attacker, Possibly EspeonDeoxys, Gengar Mimikyu or baby Mimikyu. EspeonDeoxys is a great late game cleaner after you spread the damage around with Giratina +Spell tag since you aren't playing any custom catchers. Gengar Mimikyu is an amazing attacker in this metagame, being able to OHKO a wide variety of TTGXs due to the higher amount of trainer cards in hand. Baby Mimikyu is for the Reshizard matchup in case they play choice helmet. Spell Tags +Tinachomp isn't enough to get the KO but if they KO a giratina with spell tag attached with Flare Strike. Then you have an immediate retaliation with Baby Mimikyu.

With the extra space from 1 less Tinachomp, you can run Mew to stop Naganadel GX from sniping your bench.

Other than that great list!! lol very similar to mine

I'll give my honest opinions :)

You don't need three Tinachomps nor Jirachi GX. Jirachi GX is just for Mewthree and Mewthree should only be used to clean up games after a KO or in case your Tinachomp is in the discard. Instead I would change that Jirachi GX to another attacker, Possibly EspeonDeoxys, Gengar Mimikyu or baby Mimikyu. EspeonDeoxys is a great late game cleaner after you spread the damage around with Giratina +Spell tag since you aren't playing any custom catchers. Gengar Mimikyu is an amazing attacker in this metagame, being able to OHKO a wide variety of TTGXs due to the higher amount of trainer cards in hand. Baby Mimikyu is for the Reshizard matchup in case they play choice helmet. Spell Tags +Tinachomp isn't enough to get the KO but if they KO a giratina with spell tag attached with Flare Strike. Then you have an immediate retaliation with Baby Mimikyu.

With the extra space from 1 less Tinachomp, you can run Mew to stop Naganadel GX from sniping your bench.

Other than that great list!! lol very similar to mine
Oh shoot! I forgot mew! Thanks for the heads up, I consider it vital to the list and thought it was there.
I probably will swap out jirachi, but I’m not sure what for. Any ideas? Also, why not 3 tinachomp? I need consistency, after all

The reason for 2 Tinachomps vs 3 is because Mewthree is your 3rd tinachomp in a pinch. From all of my testing I use Tinachomp once a game, if that. Giratina+Spell Tags should be your main focus of the deck and only use Tinachomp when you have to. Mostly against Bulky Reshizards and other Bulky builds. Since Tinachomp is easily searchable by all of your pokemon search you shouldn't have any problems looking for it when you need it.

Really? Tinachomp is the name y'all came up with?

You really couldn't think of GiraChomp? It's so much more obvious...

Really? Tinachomp is the name y'all came up with?

You really couldn't think of GiraChomp? It's so much more obvious...
Wow, hater in the chat.
And Tinachomp just sounds better, it sounds like some fairy Pokémon when in fact it’s one of the greatest dragon Pokémon, and other great dragon who happens to be the ruler of another dimention.

Back