Thursday, 2/16, HP Deck Boxes, Pokemon National Tour

IMO, I think the tours are unfair. They only give about 5-10% of the World the ability to complete their pokedexes. Why cant we get Deoxys, Mew or Celebi here or anywhere else which isnt named Japan or America? I think that the pokemon industry is heavily biased towards Japan and America, this is even shown at Worlds by the participating number of people. I dont want to cheat to have to finish my games when Nintendo dont really care about the rest of us...

Well, you said discuss and I did, lol. Even though I dont like these Tours, I would like them if they gave Everyone a chance.

If I were in other country's situations, I would just use a Gameshark to put a Pokemon into my game. It's the same thing as downloading it from Nintendo, anyways.

I dont like cheating like that. Anyway, nowhere in Australia that I know of sells Gamesharks or ARs. I could get one off ebay later if i want to. I know 2 people who have one but they mentioned all the times it screws up your game and I dont want to destroy all the hard time i've put into my games.

It's not cheating, unless you mean in the sense that you are getting the Pokemon when you should not be. However, if you can't get a Pokemon because of where you live, I don't see any sort of problem in using a Gameshark to put it into your game. The fact is, downloading a Pokemon from Nintendo and using a Gameshark to put a Pokemon into your game are exactly the same thing. The only thing that would be different is who you originally got the Pokemon from.

See what Abhorsen said.. >_<

Hope they fix Diamond/Pearl to have the Pokemon downloadable off the net or something...

RE:  Thursday, 2/16, HP Deck Boxes, Pokemon National Tour

Water Pokémon Master said:
It's not cheating, unless you mean in the sense that you are getting the Pokemon when you should not be. However, if you can't get a Pokemon because of where you live, I don't see any sort of problem in using a Gameshark to put it into your game. The fact is, downloading a Pokemon from Nintendo and using a Gameshark to put a Pokemon into your game are exactly the same thing. The only thing that would be different is who you originally got the Pokemon from.
Yeh, I like getting pokemon the original way rather then having them placed in my lap. I know what you mean about the Nintendo events being downloaded too but I see that as getting them normally, since there's no other "natural" way of getting them.

I seriously hope they fix D/P for this otherwise i'm gonna get extremely annoyed at how Nintendo keep doing this. But... the more comforting part is that D/P is going to be WiFi enabled, so trading and battling on the net is possible. So if I want a certain pokemon (like the ones which we cant get here or anywhere), just search on the net for someone who has one and trade if you can. Therefore, I wouldnt need to buy a gameshark (but I probably will end up getting one anyway)

It also depends on how nintendo does the tours for example The other countries have diffrent promo stuff for their country. Our promo is the tour in other countries the promo is something else it is kind of like the new years eve celebrations here it is the ball drop and every where else it is a diffrent celebration. So what I mean is that for example nintendo of eroupe and japan will have diffrent promo celebrations but here we have a tour and be grateful that we have that to look forward to because there are alot of people who can't afford to go because they don't have the money and all the other countries arent so lucky so look on the bright side and have fun it is not anything to get upset over. Nintendo does their best at what they can do and here is one sweet thing if nintendo makes mistakes on your nintendo subscriptions and you are a member of my nintendo they will give you a yaer and a half FREE That happened when I moved back here to the U.S. from Canada and they Really helped me out BIG time and I was supposed to pay another 12 dollars for those issues but they gave them to me for nothing so I am very lucky and my subscription was to run out in april of next yaer but now it runs out in july of 2008 and another time we paid for a 1 year subscription and we accidently mailed the U.S. cash on a canadian check and they sent a letter saying I was to only get 11 issues instead of the usual 12 and we called them back and told them about the mistake and they gave me 6 more months for FREE so you see Nintendo tries as hard as they can to do the best as they can because they do hard work and they pay alot for promo's like this so enjoy it as much as you can and be glad you have a tour because there will never be one like this again so enjoy it while it lasts.:) Oh and one other thing don't forget your weekly doses of pokemon in the morning on the WB.:)

The other countries have anything to do with Pokemon promos? >_<

Truth is, we haven't had a promo since Celebi GSC.. which is why everyone that can't get to the tours is probably frustrated with Nintendo about that.

>_< = bass_forte

I am sure there will be a way for other countries to get all the Pokemon. Maybe D/P will connect to the net, allow you to obtain Pokemon, and plug in your GB game to d/l the Pokemon.

xxashxx said:
Our promo is the tour in other countries the promo is something else it is kind of like the new years eve celebrations here it is the ball drop and every where else it is a diffrent celebration. So what I mean is that for example nintendo of eroupe and japan Australia will have diffrent no promo celebrations

>_<

Well, we're all hoping against hope about downloading..

Water Pokémon Master said:
I am sure there will be a way for other countries to get all the Pokemon. Maybe D/P will connect to the net, allow you to obtain Pokemon, and plug in your GB game to d/l the Pokemon.
If it wasnt for D/P having WiFi capabilities and being able to trade to our R/S/E/FR/LG versions, then we (as in people who arent in America or Japan) would never be able to get all the pokemon (excluding GS/AR). I think Nintendo have just ditched us to tell the truth, I really dont think it's fair *Tear runs down face* (Like Omanyte's picture in LM)

The last thing I went to was the Celebi tour which was in 1999 I think. We were only allowed 1 Celebi per person but I didnt stick by that as usual and ended up getting 4. If Nintendo were never gonna come out again, I had to make Celebi worth while.

bass_forte said:
xxashxx said:
Our promo is the tour in other countries the promo is something else it is kind of like the new years eve celebrations here it is the ball drop and every where else it is a diffrent celebration. So what I mean is that for example nintendo of eroupe and japan Australia will have diffrent no promo celebrations

>_<

Well, we're all hoping against hope about downloading..

Lol!
>_<   is the exact expression to explain it. WPM, maybe you could put an emotion of  >_<  since it's used so much, lol :p

Err... i think you mean Spring 2001.

Well, I got a Celebi on 6th October 2001, a day after my grandfather died.

I cared about Celebi wayyy more than my grandfather so I didnt cry during that time!!! Too excited about Celebi, lol!

Hmm, I cant remember the date or year... It was too long ago for me. You're probably right though.

Jade said:
I cared about Celebi wayyy more than my grandfather so I didnt cry during that time!!! Too excited about Celebi, lol!
I cant belive you said that. You're messed up in the head if you care more about a game character then a person who was part of your family.

Jade said:

O_O

You heartless person.. I didn't even know my grandmother and I cried at her funeral. O_O

Jade said:

You have something seriously wrong with you.
You really need to get some mental help or something.

Oh ya thats right I forgot that was the last promo thing that we have had and it has been al oooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time and Nintendo hasn't had had any promo cards in their issues of nintendo power either not since november of 2002 when they gave out EX cards of rapidash and ho-oh So you could say that because there is alot of promo's that nintendo has made but never released into nintendo power. I would say they are behind on their promo stuff and maybe because they are currently working on the software for the DS so we can get the internet or maybe they are working on the revolution hardware and software that is probobly why they are behind and maybe they just could not afford itor something. That is just the way nintendo works and they are dedicated at what they do because they want to make the technology and gaming as fun and enjoyable as possible. One other thing my older brother works for them and they do excellent work and I have been on 2 tours to the one here in redmond WA. and I have seen what they do and how they make the games and we EVEN GOT THE CHANCE TO PLAY SUPER STARWARS WHEN IT WAS STILL A CHIP back in 1992 and my sister was the first person in the WHOLE WORLD to get to the 2 level and the second level was still being worked it was NOT EVEN FINISHED yet and my brother brought in his staff and showed them. That is how I know how nintendo works and they are good at it too.:)

Ash... I think you misunderstand us. Nintendo probably considers the Pokemon fanbase in Australia small enough to pretend that it doesn't exist.

It is just how I see it thats all.:)

Back