Thunderquake?

legendkiller

Strategist
I got a question that has been boggling my mind for quite some while now. What the heck is this Thunderquake counter???

It has been revealed when a card has a TQ counter on it and a Pokemon uses the attack Thunderquake the pokemon faints but adding on to this does it count as a special condition?

RE:  Thunderquake?

legendkiller said:
That can't be!!!!! That's totally broken!!!! There has to be some kind of drawback!!!!
I don't think so:p It's not completely broken when you think about it, but I know how to make it godly...

psyblazer_ex said:
It has been revealed when a card has a TQ counter on it and a Pokemon uses the attack Thunderquake the pokemon faints but adding on to this does it count as a special condition?

Its not a special condition, its more of an "effect of an attack"

I suspect they will add heaps of countering pokemon like a Pokemon thats Poke-body is Thunderblock it would go something like this if they did it

while one of your Pokemon has a ThunderQuake Counter on it this pokemon's attack does 40 more damage who knows they'll probably make it worst.Otherwise it will become an Archetype theme.

It's not a Special Condition. Remember the Char counter. Yeah, its a "Counter", not a SP. And yeah, it Instantly KOs a Pokemon with it.

Tropius δ from Furthest Ends has a Poké-Power that gets rid of all Thunderquake markers and Seal markers (from Gardevoir ex δ, also from Furthest Ends) on your Pokémon.

I still say it's broken. You guys have to be missing some drawbacks or something. Imagine the brokeness!!! EX's will be left unplayable!!!!!

Yes, they would.

Exs are still very playable however. Remember, they have to place the counter with an attack first. THEN, they have to attack AGAIN for the KO. T-tar exs Thunderquake attack does require three energies, and that's not cheap if you don't have an energy supplier. As long as your deck stays a step ahead in the game and you are able to hit the T-tar ex hard, you shouldn't have to worry about Thunderquake too much.

From what you said Mightyena d owns it(this may have been an exxageration due to the fact my ,mightyena d beat Lightvenusaurs Feraligatr ex)

Tyranitar ex δ will also lose power if any Thunderquake markers put by one get discarded when the Tyranitar ex δ that put them there leaves the Active spot. It sounds a bit fairer than sacrificing one Tyranitar ex that does only Ele Mark to everything...

Ooh, or what if there was a restriction to the number of Thunderquake markers you could have in play at any one time? That would be a little fairer.

Never heard of this attack. It must be a new one.:)

RE:  Thunderquake?

legendkiller said:
I still say it's broken. You guys have to be missing some drawbacks or something. Imagine the brokeness!!! EX's will be left unplayable!!!!!
no we're not missing anything. go look at the spoilers for yourself at Tyranitar EX D and see for yourself.

it's not broken, cause it takes 1 turn to place the counter, then next turn gets to KO that Pokemon. it's not a hard Pokemon to KO, the weakness is bad. just get a strong pokemon of that type, and kO it. it might get 1 KO, but that's all. OK?

plus apparently if it does get out of control, then tropius might help.

Arcanine out.

If it's not a special condition, does that mean there won't be thunderquake counter in the themedecks?

^ there will be, I guess

anyways, I think 2 turns are too much of a waste of time IMO, and they do what lugia ex can do in 1 turn...

RE:   Thunderquake?

Arcanine 274 said:
legendkiller said:
no we're not missing anything.  go look at the spoilers for yourself at Tyranitar EX D and see for yourself.

it's not broken, cause it takes 1 turn to place the counter, then next turn gets to KO that Pokemon.  it's not a hard Pokemon to KO, the weakness is bad.  just get a strong pokemon of that type, and kO it.  it might get 1 KO, but that's all.  OK?

plus apparently if it does get out of control, then tropius might help.

Arcanine out.

GESESS!! The attack IS broken! T2 you get to place an Ele mark on one of your opponent's EX and next trun you get an easy two prizes. It also has a Crush DRaw counter part.

I agree with Godzilla 200%. It is too broken and will leave 98% of the EX's Unplayable because they will get KO'ed no matter what.

Is tyranitar the only one who can play down these thunder thingys? If yes, well, not too broken. Tyranitar EX d has to be out for two turns, and even if it DOES ko one of your ex's, the chances are you'll ko that tyrantar as well, so teh balance is restored...

Back