• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Thunder Palace (Thundurus EX / Togekiss)

Neil K

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 13
  • 3 Thundurus EX (ROS)
  • 3 Togekiss (ROS- Delta Evo)
  • 2 Togetic
  • 3 Togepi
  • 2 Zapdos ROS
Trainers:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Wally
  • 2 N
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 3 Roller Skates
  • 3 Bicycle
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 1 Computer Search
Energy:16
  • 16 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

This deck functions by aiming to open with thundurus ex up top, and using wally to get your togetic down on turn one so that you can evolve it all the way with Togekiss's Delta Evolution Trait. Its ability, Serene Grace, allows you to look at the top 8 cards of your deck, find all the energies and attach them however you like to your pokemon. In this case, its used to charge up Thundurus potentially on Turn 1, giving you the ability to OHKO Mega Rayquaza if you go second, even if it manages to evolve via spirit link and attach all its energies on the opening turn. I havent tested it much, i gave this deck a high energy count to increase the chances of being able to Serene Grace for the energy that you need in order to attack right away. Zapdos is a safe non-ex decoy that will most likely be retreated to the bench, but can hit for OHKO numbers on Mega Ray itself via Serene Grace if Thundurus is unavailable.

okay, so i edited this list A TON after testing. there were a lot of pokemon added and taken away, and a lot of different trainers put in to make this deck a little more consistent, so here it is after a couple of playtesting rounds-

Pokemon:16
3 Thundurus EX RS
1 Mewtwo EX
3 Togepi
3 Togetic
2 Togekiss RS # 46
1 Togekiss RS # 45
2 Deoxys RS
1 Dedenne

Energy: 14
10 Lightning
4 Psychic

Trainers:30
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Skyla
2 Steven
2 Wally
1 Lysandre's Trump Card
4 Ultra Ball
3 Energy Switch
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Evosoda
2 Switch
2 Prof. Letter
2 Dimension Valley
1 Dowsing Machine

Deoxys and Dedenne are solid openers, and I'm honestly looking to replace Skyla with N's as soon as i get more of them, a lot of the super good trainers i own are in other decks that i have built at the moment. i need more lysandres/vs seekers and such, but i think the strategy is pretty cut and dry here, again. Evolve into togekiss as quickly as you can and use serene grace to (hopefully) load up Thundurus EX in one turn, so that it is capable of OHKOing Mega Ray before Altaria drops on to the field. Thoughts?

Please update your original post with your changes instead of posting a new post, please! :D

(It makes things loads simpler!)

I see many problems with this deck. It seems you are just trying to counter Ray. You only hit for 150 which isn't enough to kill an EX, you would need to consider to run a Muscle Band to get up to 170 and healing with Rough Sea is much better than D Valley. If you want to counter Ray try Raichu (XY) 20 x your bench for ** you just need 4 bench + a bangle to OHKO or 3 energy + bangle.

Zekrom (LT) 3 energy bolt strike with a bangle hit for 150 on ex's and is only a 1 prize card

umm...ray is weak to lightning, i'd be doing 300? in my games against mega ray, they always like to set the mega ray up first and drop shaymins for draw. This leaves you a window of a turn or two where Altaria is not on the field. meaning you can hit ray for weakness. They're not gonna drop weakness policy, they have altaria in the deck and they want to run spirit link anyways.

if they see you start with a thunderous then the will be searching out altraia straight away, winona for a swablu,altraia and a shaymin would most likely be their turn one supporter

Back