Discussion Thoughts on making an Espeon GX/Mega Alakazam deck?

SnackeyG

Aspiring Trainer
I pulled the secret rare Espeon today and I was just wondering what you guys think about making a deck with these two. I'm hoping to make a mono psychic deck.

Maybe as a tech. A mid to late game Divide GX could set up for some big Zen Force KOs. All you need is 60 damage to OHKO the bulkiest of pokes.

Ok so I'm just getting back into the game, like as in the past week, and never really played competitive. What does as a tech mean?

A tech is a card that's not a card that your deck needs to function properly, but you add in to improve a matchup or to serve some other purpose. In this case, not having Espeon-GX won't stop the deck from functioning, but you tech it in to get more consistent KOs late game.

A tech is a card that's not a card that your deck needs to function properly, but you add in to improve a matchup or to serve some other purpose. In this case, not having Espeon-GX won't stop the deck from functioning, but you tech it in to get more consistent KOs late game.

I see. Thanks for the response. I've figured out the Pokémon I'm going to put. At least to start with. I'm also think devolution spray to spam M Alakazam. Edit: I will also run Altar of the Moone when it releases.

3-3 Alakazam
3 Eevee
2 Espeon GX
2 Shaymin
2 Absol (Roaring Skies)
1 Hoopa EX

Last edited:
I play M Alakazam alot and have alot of success in ptcgo..If You have the cards, the best way to play it right now:
4-4 Alakazam
4 shaymin EX
2 hoopa EX
2 baby hoopa
Espeon GX could be good, but I think it will be too clunk...

I have a Espeon. I don't have the Alakazam at all. I want to make a deck around Espeon. But thanks for the info.

Have you seen the new Decidueye EX? Running a 3-3 line perhaps for serious damage counter drops can set the opponent's board for multiple KOs with Espeon GX.

Have you seen the new Decidueye EX? Running a 3-3 line perhaps for serious damage counter drops can set the opponent's board for multiple KOs with Espeon GX.

Nope looking now... That could be interesting. For now I'll just collect some new set cards and wait to see what works. I'm sure there will be something with Espeon.

I have alakazam ex/ trevenant break and I am hoping to tech in atleast 1 espeon gx. Now thinking of taking out the trevenant breaks for espeon gx although I really don't see the point of having more than 1 espeon when the GX move can only be used once per game.

I've gotten lucky with pulling 3 espeon-gx's and I'm still tweaking it, but I love the idea of this mixed with an alakazam deck which I'll have to try. It's a bit slow running a mew two/espeon combo I wanted to try out, but I've sped it up quite a bit with some tweaking!

I've run into a couple decidueye-gx so far tonight before the servers went down and it's pretty solid too!

Stoked to see what other people come out with!

I have 2 espeon gxs and I think I'm gonna run a 2-3 line , tech in another shaymin-ex and 3 lillies and see how fast that runs.

So I re made my alakazam deck with espeon-gx and I now run 3 shaymins and 3 lillies and I ran thru the deck like crazy... I really like how it runs more testing is needed will put a deck list up in the deck garage later on tonight.

So I re made my alakazam deck with espeon-gx and I now run 3 shaymins and 3 lillies and I ran thru the deck like crazy... I really like how it runs more testing is needed will put a deck list up in the deck garage later on tonight.

Awesome you got it sped up! I'm stoked to try it, I've got a couple variations i've been tweaking with so I'm interested to see what you came out with!

3-4 Alakazam Ex
2 Eevee
2 Espeon Gx
1 Hoopa Ex
2 Shaymin EX
Trainers:
3 devo spray
2 mega turbo
4 ultra ball
4 trainer mail
4 vs seeker
1 escape rope
1 float stone
2 parallel city
4 spirit links
Supporters:
3 N
4 Sycamore
2 Lysander
2 Skyla
Energy:
3 DCE
7 Psychic

Dont get cute with this deck, the only thing that will shut it down is silent lab. Will take out greninja on turn two, with one alakazam evolution and espeons gx attack. Espeons gx will take out gabodor as well. Its been testing really well. Altar of the Moon stadium will make it even better.

That's awesome I was hoping alakazam deck would make a statement in the game but variations just weren't holding up now it looks like alakazam will have his time to shine again just like back in the day with damage swap decks. The only thing I would do is run Lillie in the deck. It's a suggestion you don't have to that's just me though.

That's awesome I was hoping alakazam deck would make a statement in the game but variations just weren't holding up now it looks like alakazam will have his time to shine again just like back in the day with damage swap decks. The only thing I would do is run Lillie in the deck. It's a suggestion you don't have to that's just me though.

Im taking suggestions because i would like a super rod in there. But a lillie in place of an N or Sycamore? Im curious to hear your thoughts behind it. 2 Skylas are a must.

I beat dicidueye/garb with this deck

Back