Think of a Budget Deck Under $40 with Potential

antonjg

Aspiring Trainer
Hey

So the point of this thread is to think of a deck under $40 and just explain how it can work. Now the obvious choice here is Night March but lets not say Night March here.

Last edited by a moderator:

crowfeather4

R.I.P. Night March
A quad Heatmor PLS deck could always work. 4 Heatmor, 4 Blacksmith, 4 Max Elixer, 48 Fire Energy. If there is left over money, you could always throw in a Bridgette, Skyla or two.

MaD_DoG

Defying physics since 2012
Miltank/Vileplume. You don't even need VS seekers. This is assuming there is no shaymin. Wobbuffet/bats comes close but I think is a bit over the mark.

87mcben

Fighting Chicken
Quad Flareon Ex could work.

Flareon Ex(Generations)---4
Blacksmith---4
Max elixr---4
Fire Energy---48

It would be awful though:D

AustinD

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
How is Night March the obvious choice? Here are prices for just a few cards that are necessary (using TrollandToad.com)

3x Shaymin EX- $159
4x Battle Compressor- $23
4x VS Seeker- $48

Yeah, definitely not the best budget option.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I've moved this thread from the TCG Competitive Play to the TCG Help & Advice as this would be a helpful resource for players looking for budget deck help, and the discussion isn't strictly competitive. I've also updated the thread to be under $40, as that is the average amount a budget deck will cost. ~bbninjas

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
How is Night March the obvious choice? Here are prices for just a few cards that are necessary (using TrollandToad.com)

3x Shaymin EX- $159
4x VS Seeker- $48

I'd assume that the OP is assuming you've already got the staples like VS Seeker and Battle Compressor, and you are not including Shaymin-EX. The actual substance - i.e. the techs and the Pokemon - are generally under $20 iirc.

crowfeather4

R.I.P. Night March
Oh, it's $40. If you don't have any staple cards, 2 Destruction Rush Theme Decks and 2 Yveltal EX would work. Using the money that's left over, you could get basic staples such as Sycamore, Birch, and Ultra Ball.

Electricbluewolf

Ditto Hoarder

3x Shaymin EX- $159
4x VS Seeker- $48

You don't play 3 Shaymin in Nightmarch, at most 2, that's if you're really pushing it. One of the points of Nightmarch is that your opponent has a 5/6 card KO not 3.

I'd suggest you checkout Garchomp. It is a budget, but high quality deck, IMO.

Got to say Garchomp is good once it's set up.

Last edited:

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
You don't play 3 Shaymin in Nightmarch, at most 2, that's if you're really pushing it. One of the points of Nightmarch is that your opponent has a 5/6 card KO not 3.
You're free to play whatever you'd like in NM, but the lists that have been winning in both Standard and Expanded run at least three Shaymin-EX. Many lists run four, and almost none fewer than three. You can Sky Return or play AZ to get them off the field.

Defz3r0

Karp or narp?
I'll give another vote to Garchomp. Most variants aren't that expensive and you can really get a lot of mileage out of heavy Korrina. If you've got Seekers (since they would eat your entire budget otherwise), I've had some great luck with Greninja without Shaymin and the most expensive part would be the Breaks.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
In reviewing some players' NM decks at recent State tournaments, most (that made T8) did run 3 Shaymin EXs.

Got to say Garchomp is good once it's set up.
Yes, like all good decks. One of the real great aspects of Garchomp is being able to take advantage of the great Fighting support, including: Korrina, Hawlucha (FUF), Strong energy, Fighting Stadium.

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
You're free to play whatever you'd like in NM, but the lists that have been winning in both Standard and Expanded run at least three Shaymin-EX. Many lists run four, and almost none fewer than three. You can Sky Return or play AZ to get them off the field.

Which ones run 3-4? All I've seen run 2. You don't have room to run any more. You need room for all those Trainers.