Things to ponder #3

tsuni_the_kingdra_master

Press "Z" or "R" twice!
Okay, this one took a little longer to post, but it is better :D

Take the time real quick to think about Government.

*waits*

We have democracy, right? (I'm in America, work with me.) Well, what about the world of Pokémon? This wonderful, perfect safe world must have some kind of order, right? It can't just be total anarchy and people get along so well? All these nations in Pokémon and no fighting? No conflict? No war? Something's up. =\

Straight out question: What's Pokémon's Government system? What type of order do they have?[/size]

My guess is they use Athenian democracy, since they apparently have no leaders everyone participates in policy making like the city-state of Athens around 500 BC. One problem with my theory is that Team Fillintheblank could accomplish their objectives politically instead of by force.

There were wars in the Lucario movie.
And the lady in the movie was royal, right?

And the Almia Region had a king.

In a world like Pokrmon war would just equal the end of the world. So of course they don't have war.

Wait a second! What happened to Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, and Team Galactic? Those people are the Pokemon terrorists.

dmaster out.

I'm guessing its a millitary govt. The police officers, nurses, and millitary make the desitions.

FireMeowth said:
There were wars in the Lucario movie.
And the lady in the movie was royal, right?

And the Almia Region had a king.

Right, but that was one instance.

d master342 said:
Wait a second! What happened to Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, and Team Galactic? Those people are the Pokemon terrorists.

Terrorists, yes, but they get beat by a small, electric mouse. o_O

Juliacoolo said:
I'm guessing its a millitary govt. The police officers, nurses, and millitary make the desitions.

What military?

Ok, so Pikachu is the only hope. It still doesn't mean everything is fine. Cyrus makes a black hole to another universe, Aqua wants the whole world flooded, etc. I guess what I'm getting at here is Pokemon is flat-out NOT a peaceful universe. There's always chaos and something bad going on. They highlight the good parts, but in reality no civilization is peaceful.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
Ok, so Pikachu is the only hope. It still doesn't mean everything is fine. Cyrus makes a black hole to another universe, Aqua wants the whole world flooded, etc. I guess what I'm getting at here is Pokemon is flat-out NOT a peaceful universe. There's always chaos and something bad going on. They highlight the good parts, but in reality no civilization is peaceful.

dmaster out.

As long as there are humans, there won't be peace. It is in our nature to be destructive. The Poke-Universe has humans, therefore, it won't be peaceful. They have to have government though, because what about the officer Jenny's, hmm? Also, they have a mayor, 'cause in one of the episodes, there is a mayor of a town. This would imply that their government is like ours, if not exactly the same. They probably have some sort of democracy, like us, as we have mayors, just like them. Unless we ever see a president of Sinnoh, however, we won't be able to truly know.

PokeChamp said:
Unless we ever see a president of Sinnoh, however, we won't be able to truly know.

Exactly. But think more expanded. Could separate regions have different governments? Just like in Lucario and the mystery of Mew, it's a Monarchy, led by a queen.

There is probably a government, but because little kids aren't interested in those things it never shows up in the anime. That's my guess.

Or *insert random uber* intervenes when things get too out of hand.

Well, what about the Ash Ketchum theory? If this theory is true, that would mean that the Pokemon world doesn't need a government, because it's all in Ash's head.

scampy said:
There is probably a government, but because little kids aren't interested in those things it never shows up in the anime. That's my guess.

Yes, this is true, but it's also why this thread is in real world section. It's all hypothetical.

scampy said:
Or *insert random uber* intervenes when things get too out of hand.

Lol, this is true too.

Back