TCG Fakes TheSceptileMaster's Text-Based Set - Starry Equinox

TheSceptileMaster

Gastrodon ate my cake
So hey everybody, I have always wanted to make my own set, so here is the TCG set, Starry Equinox.
I play to make it around a 90 card set, featuring about 4 GX cards, 4 EX cards, 2 Mega Evolutions, and 2 BREAKs. My reasoning for making this set was that since Sun and Moon is out, we should have Star. An equinox is the transition seasons, and the TCG is going from EX t0 GX currently. As this is my first set ever, grammar help would be awesome! I will take requests for cards, but wait a while before asking again. I hope you like my set, and here is my first card, Magmortar EX! burn is back everybody

Basic Magmortar EX HP 180 Fire

Lava Plume
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to your Bench, you may use this Ability. Your opponent's active Pokémon is now Burned.

[R] [R] [R] Triple Burn 140
Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon.Then, place 3 damage counters on it.

Weakness: [W] 2x Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C] [C]
7/90 /UR
This Pokémon's arms are over 4000 C, causing its body to ooze magma

Last edited:
It looks like an interesting set, but one card ain't much of a taster! ;)

On that note, there's a few wording errors that I noticed. First off, terms such as "Bench" and "Ability" should always be captilised, and numbers (i.e. "one") should always be written in its numerical form (i.e. "1"). More specifically;

You don't need the "You may" at the front of the second sentence for Lava Plume, as it's a bit redundant. Benched Pokemon also cannot be Burned, so the last two sentences of the Ability should read: "Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned."

For Triple Burn, do you mean your opponent's Bench, or your Bench, or both? Either way, it should be written like the following: [Ref: Lysandre]
"Switch 1 of [your opponent's/your/either player's] Benched Pokémon with [his or her/your/that player's] Active Pokémon."

You may also like to check out our Common Wording Errors Compilation when you're working on other fakes, too. :)

I dont know what I was thinking with Triple Burn,but I understand the other mistakes. I will put out a new card very soon

Here is Alolan Muk GX! and Alolan Grimer.

[Stage 1] Alolan Muk GX- HP 160 [P]
Evolves from Alolan Grimer

[P][C] Trash Compactor 70
Your opponent's must discard his or her Benched Pokémon and all attached cards until he or she has only 1 Benched Pokémon. During your next turn, this Pokémon's attacks do 40 less damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[P][P] Poison Rainbow 50
If your or your opponent's Discard Pile has at least 3 different Types of Energy Cards, your opponent's Active Pokémon is Poisoned.

[C][C] Smelly Fumes GX 140
Put 2 damage counters on your opponent's Benched Pokémon (except for [P] Pokemon). (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game).

When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance: [G] -20
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

[Basic] Alolan Grimer HP70 [P]

Poison Heal
If this Pokémon is Poisoned, heal 10 HP between turns instead of taking any amount of damage.

[P][C] Fluid Chemicals 40
Flip a coin. If Heads, switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:[G] -20
Retreat: [C][C]

Last edited:
[Basic] Sudowoodo HP90 [G]

[G] Wacky Tree 10
During your opponent's next turn, this Pokemon cannot be burned by your opponent's Pokemon. If this Pokemon is damaged by [W] Pokemon, put 1 damage counter on this Pokemon.

[G][G] Tiny Lumber 40
Put 2 damage counters on all of your opponent's GX Pokemon.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Basic Abomasnow EX HP 170 [G] [W]

[W] Snowball
Until your opponent's next turn, your or your opponent's Pokemon cannot retreat.

[G] [W] Fir Tree 30

[G] [G] [W] [W] [C] [C] Spikey Slam 160
Discard Energy Cards attached to this Pokemon until only 2 are left. Choose up to two of your opponent's benched Pokemon. Then, put 2 damage counter on those Pokemon.

Weakness: é 3x
Resistance: [R] -30
Retreat Cost: [C] [C] [C] [C]
I had trees on my mind. And is the way I wrote Abomasnow's types correct for a dual type.

Last edited:
[Stage 1] Plant Cloak Wormadam HP80 [G]
Evolves from Burmy

Seasonal Cloak
Once during your turn, you may search your deck for a Pokemon with Sandy Cloak Wormadam or Trash Cloak Wormadam and switch this Pokemon with one of those Pokemon. All cards attached to this Pokemon and damage will stay on the new Pokemon.

[G][C] Natural Friend
Remove 4 damage counters on all of your [G] Pokemon in play.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]
[Stage 1] Trash Cloak Wormadam HP90 [M]
Evolves from Burmy

Seasonal Cloak
Once during your turn, you may search your deck for a Pokemon with Sandy Cloak Wormadam or Plant Cloak Wormadam and switch this Pokemon with one of those Pokemon. All cards attached to this Pokemon and damage will stay on the new Pokemon.

[M] [M] Dumpster Search
Shuffle 2 Energy Cards in your discard pile back into your deck.

Resistance:
[Stage 1] Sandy Cloak Wormadam HP70 [F]
Evolves from Burmy

Seasonal Cloak
Once during your turn, you may search your deck for a Pokemon with Plant Cloak Wormadam or Trash Cloak Wormadam and switch this Pokemon with one of those Pokemon. All cards attached to this Pokemon and damage will stay on the new Pokemon.

[G] Dust Storm 30
Switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat:

[Basic] Burmy HP40 [G]

[G][G] Four Ways
Put 4 damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon in any way you like.

Resistance:
[Stage 1] Mothim HP100 [C]
Evolves from Burmy

Perfect Adaption
When attached to this Pokemon, all [G] Energy Cards counts as every type of basic Energy but only provides 1 Energy at a time.

[M] [G] [G] Cocoon Remembrance 70
Discard all [M] and [G] Energy Cards attached to your opponent's benched Pokemon. During your opponent's next turn, put 1 damage counter on this Pokemon any time this Pokemon is damaged by or has damage counter put on it by affects and attacks on your opponent's Pokemon.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]
burmy party

[Basic] Wishwashi Initial Solo Form HP 30 [W]

Schooling for Safety
If this Pokemon does not have any damage on it, you may search your deck for any Pokemon with Wishwashi School Form in its name. Then, switch this Pokemon with that Pokemon. Keep all affects on this Pokemon on that Pokemon.

[W] Water Stream 10
Draw 1 card.

Resistance:

[Basic] Wishwashi School Form HP 120 [W]

Unschooling in Defeat
If this Pokemon has 30 HP or less remaining, you may search your deck for a Pokemon with Wishiwashi Final Solo Form in its name. If you find a Pokemon with Wishiwashi Final Solo Form in its name in your deck, you may heal all damage from this Pokemon and then switch this Pokemon with that Pokemon. Keep all affects on this Pokemon on that Pokemon.

Sluggish Swimming
When this Pokemon comes into play, flip a coin. If heads, this Pokemon cannot attack or use any abilities, except Sluggish Swimming, the turn it comes into play. If tails, this Pokemon is now asleep.

[W] [W] [C] [C] Ocean Ram 20+
This attack does 10 more damage for every Water energy attached to your Pokemon. Then, you must discard any Stadium in play or 4 cards from the top of your deck.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

[Basic] Wishwashi Final Solo Form HP 20 [W]

[C] Hydro Destiny 20
If you have 1 Prize Card remaining, you win the game. If you have more than 1 Prize Card remaining, discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it.

Resistance:

Inspiration for wishiwashi from @Professor Palutena

Dual Spectre / Special Energy / Ace Spec

This card provides [C] Energy. While in play, this card provides every type of Energy but provides only 2 Energy at a time.

(You can't have more than 1 Ace Spec card in your deck.)

Fiber Spray / Item / Pokemon Tool / Ace Spec

Attach a Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.

[G][F][W][C] Fiber Spray 140
Choose one of your opponent's benched Pokemon. Discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it. If you cannot discard your opponent's benched Pokemon in this way, discard all Energy attached to the Pokemon this card is attached to.

(You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).)

(You can't have more than 1 Ace Spec card in your deck.)

This is a work in progress Gastrodon BREAK image based.
I will add a full line in text form, and don't expect many, if any more, image based cards.
Lots of credits go to @aschefield101 for most blanks and helping me get this far and a scene from the Pokemon anime for the gastrodon base. I used photoshop cs5

Attachments

• GastrodonFinal.png
    GastrodonFinal.png
    848 KB · Views: 14
NOTICE:

I am reviving my text-based thread to create a new set, Storm's Fury. All previous cards and ideas will remain, but not be improved or continued.
I will post new cards every 3 days.

New Cards:

Basic- Dhelmise GX [G] 220 HP

Ability: Anchor Shot
Whenever you play this card from your hand onto your Bench, you may flip a coin. If heads, discard all Pokemon Tool cards attached to your opponent's Benched Pokemon. If tails, discard the top 2 cards of your deck.

[G][G][P] Sinking Pull 120
If this Pokemon is damaged during your next turn, discard an Basic Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

[G][C] Spinning Shock 180
If this attack's damage is affected by any effects, you may choose to do one:
- Put 2 cards from your discard pile into your hand.
- Discard the top 4 cards of your opponent's deck.

Weakness: [R] Resistance: Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

Basic- Kartana [G] 100 HP

Ability: Paper Blade
Once during your turn, before your attack, you may place 1 damage counter on your opponent's Active Pokemon. If you do, your opponent draws a card

[G] Folding Stroke 40
You may attach 1 Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Benched Pokemon

Weakness: [R] Resistance: Retreat Cost:

Trainer- Supporter- Faba

Discard a card from your hand. Then, you may search your deck for a Pokemon.

Basic- Nihilego Psychic 110 HP

Ability- Psychotic Poison
Prevent all effects of each Special Energy attached to all Basic Pokemon in play. Each Special Energy attached to Basic Pokemon provides [C].

Tentacle Control [P][P] 50
Place 1 damage counter on 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [P] x2 Resistance: [F] -20 Retreat: [C]

Basic- Lugia Water 130 HP

Ability- Stroking Waves
Before each player draws a card at the beginning of their turn, they must flip a coin. If tails, instead of drawing a card, they shuffle 1 card from their discard pile into their deck.

Palm Disruption [W][W][C] 110
Discard a random card from your opponent’s hand. Then, your opponent draws a card.

Weakness: [L] x2 Resistance: Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

Back