Writing The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 4 over on 11/22!)

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Submit your entry by 10/11/09!)

^Gotcha.

And this might not be so important, but I see you forgot to add me to the contestant list.

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Submit your entry by 10/11/09!)

My apologies.

Come on people! Less than two days left!

o_O Since when was I both a contestant and a judge? lol (I should only be a judge)

You never saw that.

Alright then! Here are the entries:

Writer #1 said:
“IT CAME!!” cried Sarah as the Pelliper glided to a stop. It opened its beak and out came a package with a note on top. “Oh my god, I can’t believe it’s finally here!” she said as she looked to her right to see her fiancé looking at the package. “Well it’s now or never I guess” Sarah said and quickly ripped open the seal ,being careful not to tear the note. Jon picked up the letter and opened it.

Dear Sarah,

We are happy to inform you that you have qualified to enter the “Saffron City Coordinating Contest”! You are to arrive immediately at Saffron City to get full information about the tournament. You are one of not many people who have been invited to show us what you’ve got and prove to everyone that you are the best of the best!
Hope to see you soon,
The Coordinating Company

“You made it in!” Jon said and turned to look at her. She was smiling at him and holding a parcel in her hands. “Look what they sent me!” she said and showed him the parcel. It contained an assortment of products to help her prepare for the contest. “I knew you would make it in.” Jon said and hugged her. “Oh Jon, we are so lucky to have each other.”

While they were hugging, another Pelliper arrived and landed beside the one who was already there. It held another package with the words “Kanto Police Squad” printed on it. The package dropped into the sand and the bird quickly took off into the sky. Jon grabbed it and tore it open. It contained only a note and one air plane ticket. He opened the note and read it to himself.

Jon,

We believe that someone will try to assassinate the Pokémon League leader. As one of our top agents, we need you to go undercover and enter the league as a contestant. You will need to leave everyone that you are in touch with until the mission is completed. We have supplied a ticket to take you strait to the league. On the plane a man will meet you with more information. You must leave at once!

Jon looked back at Sarah. She was so happy. This would only upset her. She might decide to not enter the contest. “Hey honey. I’ve got to go now. I’ll be gone for a few days but I’ll be back for your contest, I promise.” Sarah looked up and her expression changed. “You’re leaving? Now?” She looked confused. “Yeah but don’t worry. We’ll be together soon.” Jon kissed her goodbye and got up. He brushed the sand off of him and headed towards the car that was waiting for him. He turned the key and started driving. What if I won’t be back? What if she… Jon’s thoughts were cut off by the sound of the explosion from behind him. He looked back and saw people running. He didn’t see Sarah.

Things were not fine anymore.

Writer #2 said:
“IT CAME!!” cried a voice. It didn’t matter to anyone who had cried it. There wasn’t a head on the beach that didn’t turn, nor an eye that didn’t stare fixatedly, expectantly, at the far off horizon as the words echoed from one voice to another across the Cinnabar beach. The line that separated the sea from the sky in the far distance that was the horizon glowed with a magnificent radiance. The sky was a brilliant shade of pink and the sun had just risen above the ocean, upon which its brilliant glare glistened. All was tranquil and there was no sound. Even the Wingulls and Pelippers had grown quiet. Yet something broke the silence.

It’s presence on the distant horizon was announced first by the massive waves that seemed to come from its very being. It sloshed about in the great open expanse of water, its enormous body seen by the many onlookers as only a faint dot, steadily growing larger as it approached. Its stern drove through the waters like a sword slicing through a stick of butter, straight on and with pin-point precision. Its mast whipped in the powerful winds, yet they had no control over it, rather, it seemed, vice versa. Nothing could stand in its way.

The time for waiting had at last come to an end. For months upon end, people and Pokemon had likewise watched the same majestic horizon, awaiting its foretold return. But day following close on the tail of day passed by and the ship of which so many legends were told, did not appear. Now at last, the mighty ship, the Lapras Queen, upon which was rumored to sail the most daring of all adventurers, was arriving at the shoreline of Cinnabar.

But then it stopped. In fact, everything had stopped. Not very much happens within a millisecond; and it didn’t take much longer than one for the terrified onlookers to watch a fierce wave envelope the boat and, overturned, it sink into the depths of the sea. Onlookers stood with mouths gaping open. All of this time of waiting. All of these last few seconds of expectancy and ecstasy. And it had all ended in a mere handful of seconds. Just long enough for the eye to blink softly.

Slowly, painfully, each head shook and turned away from the vision of the terrible spot where the long-awaited Lapras Queen had sunk under the surface of the waters. It was all over. Even in the long days of waiting, there had been glee in the expectancy of its return. Now there was no glee. Not one smile.

One by one, humans and Pokemon abandoned the Cinnabar beach until no one remained. The beach which simple minutes ago had radiated with joy and happiness had been spelled with the horrible reek of loss. It was for this reason that not one eye noticed the small rowboat that had been lowered ceremoniously from the large ship prior to its fall slowly approaching the shore.

Writer #3 said:
A young trainer. And immediately, all of the Pokemon battles ended. All of the Pokemon and Trainers looked up into the scare, only to see such a frightening seen. BOOM! The first explosion slammed the sky. A loud, “ROOOARRR!” was shot into to the air, but the roar had seemed to come from a distance. And no one was paying attention to the constant explosions, but they were paying attention to the sky. It wasn’t a blue sky, and the sun couldn’t be seen. A purple haze surrounded all of Cinnabar, leaving the sun unable to shine light at the beach. All of the Pokemon went back into their Pokeballs, and all of the Trainers rushed into the Pokemon Center, PokeMart, and any building they could find. The TV was on in all of the buildings, turned on to a very high volume. “Quiet! Quiet!” shouted Nurse Joy as the news flash came on. Every single person in the building, in all of the buildings, stopped with the chatter to watch the news report on the TV.

“This just in!” said the newsperson. “As many of you might have noticed, there are drastic effects all over your area. In all areas and regions in the world, a strange haze has covered the sky with constant explosions are roars. While our investigators are still trying to find out why this epidemic is occurring, we advise you to remain calm. A few of our investigators currently believe that the explosions could be some violent missiles that explode at the wrong time. We now take you to our ace investigator, Looker.” “Thanks Willis,” said Looker. “While we are revising you to stay calm, we are also advising you to remain indoors until further investigation. These random explosions, roars, and the purple haze are still unknown to why it is happening. The other investigators and I will be traveling up to Mt. Coronet to figure out if this is Dialga and Palkia doing, caused from the sinister Team Galactic. That will be all.” The news flash ended.

Everyone was speechless for a little bit, and then the chatter quickly rose. “What’s going on?” “I have a bad feeling about this…” “I hope everything is going to be alright.” were just one of the few things that were said. “EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!” cried another Trainer. “Outside on the beach! Look!” And everyone rushed to the windows. And there they saw, a horrible sight. It was a frightening sight, a sight worse than the explosions or the haze. All of the water and sand on Cinnabar was twisting rapidly, and then in a few minutes most of the sand and water disappeared! The power then went out, and everyone, including Nurse Joy, freaked out. Up at Mt. Coronet, more roars could be heard. But there was more than just a roar, but a sound of laughter. Someone had cried out an evil laugh.

With the entire world in shock, what will happen? Looker, you better get ready!

Writer #4 said:
Brendan, a boy known for telling lies all the time. “Jirachi-it came to me!” He cried out, as if attempting to force the other humans and Pokémon on the beach to believe him. One of the teenagers scoffed and lowered her sunglasses. This particular teen, wore a pink, white-striped bikini. Her long, black hair was carelessly tossed around in the wind, and if you were to read her face at this particular moment, it would say “what an idiot.” Her name was Lucy, and she was known as the “hottest girl in the city.” She had won the beauty contest, “Cinnabar’s Top Model”, three years in a row now. When she lowered her sunglasses and looked Brendan in the eye, all he could do was babble. She had a pet Eevee, which had at one point been considered an ugly Pokémon. The previous year, after she had won the beauty contest, the reporters that interviewed her had asked why she carried around a pet Eevee when the Pokémon was considered ugly. To this, she had replied, “Well, I think it’s cute.” The next day, every girl in town seemed to have a pet Eevee.
Brendan regained his voice and began to speak clearly.
“I swear! I saw it, I saw Jirachi! It granted me three wishes!” Brendan yelled at the entire beach.
“If it granted you three wishes, then why are you here?” Lucy asked in a condescending tone.
“Uh… well, um…” Brendan began.

Writer #5 said:
a young girl, rushing to meet her friends on the sand. She wiped some of her blonde bangs from her eyes and stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

"What came, Cassie?" a young boy asked.

She held the small box with outstretched arms for all to see. "My box of Poké Balls!" she exclaimed, eliciting sounds of awe from her friends. "Now I can capture my very own Pokémon!"

"But Cassie, you're too young to be a trainer," the same boy mentioned.

"No, Felix, I'll be ten in five days!!" the excited girl exclaimed, using her fingers to show him. "My daddy's going to fly me all the way to Viridian Forest so I can capture my very own Pokémon!"

Felix grumbled. A full year younger than Cassie, he longed to have his very own Pokémon. While he was a good student at the local Trainer's School, and made friends with the aquatic Pokémon that made their homes near the beach and in the shallows, Felix hated that he was forbidden to catch his own Pokémon. He was jealous of the fact that in less than a week, Cassie would begin her career as a Pokémon trainer and he'd be stuck on this tiny island for another year.

"What are you gonna catch, Cassie?" another boy asked.

Cassie grinned. "Why, my favorite Pokémon of all time, of course - Weedle!" She pointed to her shirt, a plain white tee with a large picture of said bug on the front. "I just can't wait to feel its furry little body, its gooey little feet, its--"

"Its deadly poison," a girl sneered.

"Shut up, Ruth!!" Cassie yelled. Ruth's family was very rich, and the young brunette enjoyed taunting the much poorer Cassie whenever it seemed fitting. Two months older than Cassie, Ruth received a shimmering white Eevee from her father - a top-ranking executive in the world-famous Silph Corporation - as her first Pokémon. The fact that white Eevee were incredibly rare, and Ruth owned one, was just one more thing she liked to hang over the blonde girl's head. "My Weedle will beat the pants off your stupid pale Eevee, so there!!" She blew a raspberry at Ruth for emphasis.

"Yeah, Ruth, Cassie's Weedle is going to be the strongest Weedle in the world!" a third girl, Lisa, said. Lisa was Cassie's cousin and best friend, and always stood up for her whenever Ruth tried to put her down, despite being two years Cassie's junior. Though they were cousins, they were comparable more to sisters than cousins. She was blonde like Cassie, though her eyes were a deep blue as opposed to Cassie's vibrant green.

"She wishes," Ruth countered. "Do you really think your parents are going to let you have a Poison-type Pokémon as your first one?"

"My dad said I could, so there," Cassie said, walking away from the group. She wouldn't let anyone bring her down. Not today. This time next week, Cassie would finally be an official trainer.

I want all judging to be pm'd to me as well. Rank #1,2,3. Any questions?

So, I just say which is 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best?

Yeah. Pretty much. I have no guidelines for judging, though.

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Judges! Submit your votes, please!)

Hmm...Everyone did a very nice job! ^.^ But to say the Top 3...
PM please. ^_^ ~Zyflair

I don't know why, but I love my melancholy, so sorry if that effected my judging.
Anyway, good job all contestents.

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Judges! Submit your votes, please!)

Results my friends! The good news: everyone that actually submitted in an entry got some points. ;D

Eevee:
First place - Writer #1
Second place - Writer #5
Third place - Writer #3

Twilight ShayminLvr:
First place - Writer #2
Second place - Writer #4
Third place - Writer #1

Dictator Dauntless
First place - Writer #5
Second place - Writer #2
Third place - Writer #1

Charizard88
First place - Writer #2
Second place - Writer #1
Third place - Writer #3

And that means:
Writer #1 - 19 Points
Writer #2 - 21 Points
Writer #3 - 6 Points
Writer #4 - 5 points
Writer #5 - 15 points

Writer #2 is the winner of Round 1!
"Wait a minute, Zyflair, you haven't told us-"
I'm getting there! Sheesh.

Writer #1 - Kingdra King
Writer #2 - Daren
Writer #3 - Gliscor
Writer #4 - 42 Chocolate
Writer #5 - PMJ

Congratulations Daren (big surprise?)! Guess what that means? You have to continue from this:

The sun glared over Cinnabar beach, consequently forming the currents of wind, making the intense heat bearable. Humans and Pokémon alike either relaxed on their backs (some of them under the shade of umbrellas, wearing sunglasses) or playfully had fun in numerous ways, be it building sand castles, the poor buildings eventually knocked down or washed away; be it running along the meadows of streaming sand, carefully (for most, at least) trying not to trample others; or be it swimming and surfing in the ocean, some even trying their hand at a sea battle on this sunny day.

Yes, all was fine...

“IT CAME!!” cried a voice. It didn’t matter to anyone who had cried it. There wasn’t a head on the beach that didn’t turn, nor an eye that didn’t stare fixatedly, expectantly, at the far off horizon as the words echoed from one voice to another across the Cinnabar beach. The line that separated the sea from the sky in the far distance that was the horizon glowed with a magnificent radiance. The sky was a brilliant shade of pink and the sun had just risen above the ocean, upon which its brilliant glare glistened. All was tranquil and there was no sound. Even the Wingulls and Pelippers had grown quiet. Yet something broke the silence.

It’s presence on the distant horizon was announced first by the massive waves that seemed to come from its very being. It sloshed about in the great open expanse of water, its enormous body seen by the many onlookers as only a faint dot, steadily growing larger as it approached. Its stern drove through the waters like a sword slicing through a stick of butter, straight on and with pin-point precision. Its mast whipped in the powerful winds, yet they had no control over it, rather, it seemed, vice versa. Nothing could stand in its way.

The time for waiting had at last come to an end. For months upon end, people and Pokemon had likewise watched the same majestic horizon, awaiting its foretold return. But day following close on the tail of day passed by and the ship of which so many legends were told, did not appear. Now at last, the mighty ship, the Lapras Queen, upon which was rumored to sail the most daring of all adventurers, was arriving at the shoreline of Cinnabar.

But then it stopped. In fact, everything had stopped. Not very much happens within a millisecond; and it didn’t take much longer than one for the terrified onlookers to watch a fierce wave envelope the boat and, overturned, it sink into the depths of the sea. Onlookers stood with mouths gaping open. All of this time of waiting. All of these last few seconds of expectancy and ecstasy. And it had all ended in a mere handful of seconds. Just long enough for the eye to blink softly.

Slowly, painfully, each head shook and turned away from the vision of the terrible spot where the long-awaited Lapras Queen had sunk under the surface of the waters. It was all over. Even in the long days of waiting, there had been glee in the expectancy of its return. Now there was no glee. Not one smile.

One by one, humans and Pokemon abandoned the Cinnabar beach until no one remained. The beach which simple minutes ago had radiated with joy and happiness had been spelled with the horrible reek of loss. It was for this reason that not one eye noticed the small rowboat that had been lowered ceremoniously from the large ship prior to its fall slowly approaching the shore.

You have until 10/20/09!

GO!

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 2 Entry is due 10/20/09!)

Eevee:
First place - Writer #1~8
Second place - Writer #5~5
Third place - Writer #3 ~3

Twilight ShayminLvr:
First place - Writer #2~8
Second place - Writer #4 ~5
Third place - Writer #1 ~3

Dictator Dauntless
First place - Writer #5~8
Second place - Writer #2 ~5
Third place - Writer #1~3

Charizard88
First place - Writer #2~8
Second place - Writer #1~5
Third place - Writer #3~3

Which means...
Writer #1-19 (3+5+3+8)
Writer #5-13 (8+5)
Writer #3-6 (3+3)
Writer #2-21 (8+5+8)
Writer #4-5 (5)

Which means... Writer #2 won.

Watch your math, Zy.

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 2 Entry is due 10/20/09!)

_-_
Scratch everything I did, hold a moment.
EDIT: Fixed. Everything should be accurate now.

Ouch... I didn't do so well (so I hope I've learned not to write this while watching Naruto-_-)

Good job Daren!

EDIT: For Daren's previous entry, before I start can someone clarify this? So, the Lapras Queen (a boat, right?) came towards Cinnabar beach but a giant wave made it sink. A sailboat was also nearby.

Yeah. The sailboat (it's actually a small rowboat) has been lowered from the larger Lapras boat, but no one noticed.

Writer #1 said:
The rowboat was small. It was a glimmering red, with the words "Lapras Queen" written on the side in a bright yellow. There were five men inside, each just as muscular and tall as the last. The boat gently rocked in the waves, up and down, up and down, up and down.....

One of them puked on the way to shore.

The boat pulled up, slowing down in the smooth sand of the beach. The five piled out, the one still feeling queasy. They all stood on the silent beach in a straight line, looking out into the mainland, with the only sound being the gentle rocking of the waves. Finally, one spoke up.

"I.....It's lucky we were right next to the lifeboats, w...wasn't it sir?" he said in a quiet, stuttering voice to the man standing in the middle, apparently the captain of the mighty Lapras Queen. The beach again went silent.

"I guess it was, Luke, I guess it was," said the captain finally. Though he wasn't really listening. He was thinking. His mind was in a blur. All the people who just died..... the mad rush.... the rising water.... it had all happened so fast.

Suddenly, the man on the far end shouted "Captain, look!" All five of them turned, and stood in horror at what they saw.

Writer #2 said:
The rowboat washed ashore. As it fell into the dry sand, no one emerged. No one had been in it. As the waves swept it away again, a small boy, no older than 4, came running towards where it had been. This toddler did not know about the rowboat, and was simply running towards the waves, having forgotten his favorite toy, the “Tickle Me Pikachu.” As he rushed towards the place where his toy was, he stopped dead in his tracks.
A Dunsparce sat on the sand in front of the boy enthusiastically, grinning as it held out his toy. The boy slowly took it, and ran, terrified. Before he could get anywhere, though, he ran right into his older sister. After regaining her balance, she took the boy’s hand and walked towards the gleeful Dunsparce.
“Hello,” the Dunsparce said, and waved a wing. The girl took a few steps back, shocked.
“You- you can talk?” she asked incredulously.
“Why yes, of course I can talk! That’s why I just gave my greetings to you. Is it improper to greet others in this world?” The Dunsparce spoke with a hint of an English accent, and he wore a lime green bowler hat upon his tail.
“Er-no,” the girl said, looking at the Dunsparce oddly, “it’s not improper. In fact, it’s very proper,” she said, and then her face twisted into curiosity. “Do you come from England?” she asked.
“Why yes,” the Dunsparce replied, “it is a long way from there to here, and only a boat such as the Lapras Queen could travel such long distances.”
Writer #3 said:
Here it is:

As the people from the beach walked away, the small row boat came closer to shore. A head peaked out of it, but no one noticed. The figure looked from side to side, then looked into the boat as if it was looking for something. It grabbed a piece of cloth and pulled it up. The person looked happy. It touched the small chest, then quickly drew back as if it was holy. The person grabbed the cloth that was covering it’s head and pulled it off. Her hair flew back and almost touched the ground. She looked back at where the ship was, and a look of disappointment came to her face. Her face turned toward the shore, but not the one that she was heading for earlier. The waves had carried the boat all the way to the other side of the beach. A tall lighthouse shined in the distance. The woman grabbed the paddles and started rowing towards it. Every ten minutes or so she looked back to see that no one was following her. She finally reached the lighthouse. The boat hit the shore hard and slightly broke. The woman carried the chest out of the wrecked boat and onto the sand. She dragged it up the beach until she found a nice cave and stored it there. She obviously didn’t want anyone to find it. After the chest was well hidden, she headed back up the beach towards the lighthouse. The path was a lot shorter now that she didn’t have the chest with her. Still, after almost sinking, anything was hard. She reached the lighthouse. The door was humongous and engraved with strange symbols that she had never seen. She knocked on the door. It let out a loud echo in the area. Footsteps could be heard coming from inside, but they soon disappeared. They were replaced by heavier ones which eventually reached the door. It swung open and the women saw a small but strong looking man looking up at her. “Yes?” he asked. He looked confused. “Hello sir, my name is Jessica. May I please enter and maybe stay here for the night?” Jessica asked. “Yes of course. May I ask where you came from?” “I was just swimming when I saw that I drifted away from my friends. It’s already late so I thought that I would just camp out then go to them in the morning. Lucky me that I saw your lighthouse.” she lied. “Oh, it’s not my lighthouse. It’s Shandra’s.” “Who’s Shandra?” she asked him, curious but still impatient to get inside. “She owns the place. Her family has owned it for centuries. Now, come in.” he said. “Thank you, umm, what’s your name?” “I am Frank, Shandra’s assistant.” Frank said. “Thank you, Frank.” Jessica said and walked in. :You have a very interesting shirt!” Frank said and examined it. “Thank you, I think. Jessica walked after Frank. The large red letter “R” on her shirt shined in the light.
Writer#4 said:
Very few people were on that rowboat. The panic of the sinking ship caused people to leave others behind. As the people on the boat mourned for help, they heard a deep silence. Only the sound was waves crashing along the ship, the screams and shouts of people in total shock, and the strong winds. Everyone on the rowboat refused to comeback and help everyone else. They knew that what was there, what caused the ship to sink, would devourer them all. Something- a Pokemon was it?-attacked the ship and caused it to sink. The people on the rowboat continued to shout out for help on Cinnabar but no reply.

Meanwhile, the people who were on Cinnabar had rushed to Pallet Town, trying to get away from that disastrous sight. But why did the people of Cinnabar react like so to the sinking, not willing to pitch a hand? They didn’t know about the creature that attacked the ship, but the history of the ship. The Lapras Queen was Cinnabar beach’s first ship. When it came out (in honor of Lapras) it was a historical moment for the whole island. But to them, the Lapras Queen was more than just a historical ship. It was a treasure to the people. A marvel it was to the people of Cinnabar, traveling on voyages and cruises all across the world. But it didn’t matter anymore. The Lapras Queen sank, and the heart of the Cinnabarians has been broken.

The people from the rowboat were just getting on shore. A few of them looked back, only to see the horrible sight of people drowning in fear. Most of the Lapras Queen was already underwater. All of the men rushed towards any phone to immediately call the police to help any survivors, the women went to find any first aid, and the children went out in search of food. They knew that it shouldn’t be a problem, since people used to live on this island. However, it didn’t matter if the survivors wanted to help out or not. It was too late. Around the wreck of the Lapras Queen, sharp, red eyes could be seen from the water. A loud shriek came from someone who saw them. And then, “CRASH! BOOM!” A furious wave struck against the remains of the Lapras Queen, blowing it to pieces. Everyone swam towards land in fear. And no one had Pokemon for help.

The ones from the rowboat saw the scene. The monster that attacked the ship was coming back for its second meal, trying to bite and attack on the poor survivors. The rowboat people still continued to call for help, but nothing worked. The telephone lines were busted for an unknown reason. No one from the rowboat had the courage to go back, so they just hoped. The survivors screamed as the monster thrashed about. It roared and shot fierce waves at the survivors. It seemed as if all hope was lost.

Results my friends!

Eevee:
First place - Writer #4
Second place - Writer #1
Third place - Writer #2

Twilight ShayminLvr:
First place - Writer #4
Second place - Writer #1
Third place - Writer #2

Alternative Judge
First place - Writer #4
Second place - Writer #1
Third place - Writer #2

Charizard88
First place - Writer #1
Second place - Writer #2
Third place - Writer #4

And that means:
Writer #1 - 23 Points
Writer #2 - 14 Points
Writer #3 - 0 Points
Writer #4 - 27 points

Writer #4 is the winner of Round 2!
And as for the Writer's Identity:

Writer #1 - Flare
Writer #2 - 42 chocolate
Writer #3 - Kingdra King
Writer #4 - Gliscor

Congratulations Gliscor! Two runds down, five more to go!

The sun glared over Cinnabar beach, consequently forming the currents of wind, making the intense heat bearable. Humans and Pokémon alike either relaxed on their backs (some of them under the shade of umbrellas, wearing sunglasses) or playfully had fun in numerous ways, be it building sand castles, the poor buildings eventually knocked down or washed away; be it running along the meadows of streaming sand, carefully (for most, at least) trying not to trample others; or be it swimming and surfing in the ocean, some even trying their hand at a sea battle on this sunny day.

Yes, all was fine...

Very few people were on that rowboat. The panic of the sinking ship caused people to leave others behind. As the people on the boat mourned for help, they heard a deep silence. Only the sound was waves crashing along the ship, the screams and shouts of people in total shock, and the strong winds. Everyone on the rowboat refused to comeback and help everyone else. They knew that what was there, what caused the ship to sink, would devourer them all. Something- a Pokemon was it?-attacked the ship and caused it to sink. The people on the rowboat continued to shout out for help on Cinnabar but no reply.

Meanwhile, the people who were on Cinnabar had rushed to Pallet Town, trying to get away from that disastrous sight. But why did the people of Cinnabar react like so to the sinking, not willing to pitch a hand? They didn’t know about the creature that attacked the ship, but the history of the ship. The Lapras Queen was Cinnabar beach’s first ship. When it came out (in honor of Lapras) it was a historical moment for the whole island. But to them, the Lapras Queen was more than just a historical ship. It was a treasure to the people. A marvel it was to the people of Cinnabar, traveling on voyages and cruises all across the world. But it didn’t matter anymore. The Lapras Queen sank, and the heart of the Cinnabarians has been broken.

The people from the rowboat were just getting on shore. A few of them looked back, only to see the horrible sight of people drowning in fear. Most of the Lapras Queen was already underwater. All of the men rushed towards any phone to immediately call the police to help any survivors, the women went to find any first aid, and the children went out in search of food. They knew that it shouldn’t be a problem, since people used to live on this island. However, it didn’t matter if the survivors wanted to help out or not. It was too late. Around the wreck of the Lapras Queen, sharp, red eyes could be seen from the water. A loud shriek came from someone who saw them. And then, “CRASH! BOOM!” A furious wave struck against the remains of the Lapras Queen, blowing it to pieces. Everyone swam towards land in fear. And no one had Pokemon for help.

The ones from the rowboat saw the scene. The monster that attacked the ship was coming back for its second meal, trying to bite and attack on the poor survivors. The rowboat people still continued to call for help, but nothing worked. The telephone lines were busted for an unknown reason. No one from the rowboat had the courage to go back, so they just hoped. The survivors screamed as the monster thrashed about. It roared and shot fierce waves at the survivors. It seemed as if all hope was lost.

You have until 11/3/09!

HAVE AT IT!

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 3 Entry is due 11/3/09!)

I won that round...? =O

So I can still continue, even if I do win, correct?

RE: The Unfinished Page (A simple Pokémon-Related contest for all writers. Round 3 Entry is due 11/3/09!)

Indeed you can.

Wait a minute, I have a question about the story, are the survivors that are being attacked and the people on the rowboat the same people or different people?

I believe it is the same.

Yes, those are the ones on the rowboat. Sorry that wasn't so clear.

Back