XY The Two Legendary Pokémon

RE: The Two Legendary Pokemon

I think they are the Origin or Pokemon received there DNA from them two(three if Pokemon Z)
Pokemon Y contains DNA for all pokemon with wings and feathers
Pokemon X contains DNA for all pokemon with 4 legs or land livers
Pokemon Z would probably contain DNA for scaled pokemon or underwater ones

So these are the major ancestors to all known pokemon? Cool.

So where does Mew fit in?

i don't really think it's genetics for pokemon like that.
if you ask me, they probably came from one Z (like in B2W2), and they became seperated, creating genders. i kinda got that from how all ife on earth used to be these genderless or even hermaphroditic organisms, and then some of them became male and female.

oh, and what if the cry heard for Y is it's in-game cry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B9iLlJ_ZZA
just watched that, and i realized the guy in it was right.
Y has a fluffy collar/mane like Mandibuzz, somewhat resembles Lugia, and has "horns" like Terakkion.
X looks like Virizion and Sawsbuck combined with a little Reshiram

I think we've got some legit information on the legends and the tree:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil

The tree is based off of Yggdrasil. The things that live in it are a stag (X), an eagle (Y), and a dragon (Z).

frostwind said:
I think we've got some legit information on the legends and the tree:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil

The tree is based off of Yggdrasil. The things that live in it are a stag (X), an eagle (Y), and a dragon (Z).

so, we can expect a possible non-mechanically armored rayquaza with actual wings instead of plates?

also, i was just thinking... they didn't show any interface.. .the closest they've shown is HUD for party in-battle, and a wild pikachu appearing..
oh, and, the only sounds from the gameplay they let you hear are the attacks, and the not very effective "boff" when Litwik attacked Psyduck

The Bird kinda looked cool!.....after a while. It started looking a lot like a different forme of Groudon....Which is NOT good for The Pokemon Company.

The Elk, as i agree with others, looked like the concept design of all: Arceus, Cobalion, and Virizion.

However, if i were to choose one of these as my favorite, it would be Pokemonn Y. I don't know which game i'll be buying later in october, but i know i'll be buying a 3DS shortly! XD

I really think the legendaries are representing genetics and evolution. The X and Y representing the X and Y chromosomes that are involved with genetics, also the elks antlers reminds me of Darwin's tree of evolution. When the eagle like legendary is about to swoop down it starts glowing and spreads its wings wide apart. Then you see a ye like line pattern inside the legendary, kinda of like its anatomy. Also the pokemon folklore have discussed everything about creation with the previous legendaries Ex: Space,Time,Weather,Land masses and Water bodies. However they have never made legendaries indicative of life and evolution....I'll stop typing now.

And its about time a pokemon game came out for the 3DS, mine is collecting dust

I think that X and Y represent both, Chromosomes and Coordinates.

X and Y represent the chromosomes b in gender and help in evolution. Maybe they are the first pokemon after Mew through the process of evolution (not space and time Sinnoh myths and other pokemon creating for geography like Groundon, Kyogre, Regigigas, Heatran and Rayquaza).

It also represent the coordinates. Being in 3D GF added the coordinates too. It is supposed to have a double meaning.

I'm calling it right now: Their names are going to start with X and Y, respectively.

PMJ said:
I'm calling it right now: Their names are going to start with X and Y, respectively.

X... X... Xylophonicguardiandeer CALLED IT

I like both of them. They immediately stand out from other mascots and their designs may carry more interesting themes.

The Elk IMMEDIATELY cannot be a dragon. That wouldn't make sense. And that is lovely, because that tired me out real fast. It's design is also very calm and serene, whereas most Legendaries are bold and powerful looking, which is something that is not seen very often. I am pleased with it. I also think it may have to do with survival and nature, and it does remind me of the God in Princess Mononoke (if that is how it is spelled). It is certainly more original and awe-inspiring than a majority of other pokemon. Whereas other mascots looked tough and cool, this thing is almost frail and mystical looking. Stat-wise it must be the defensive type.

The Other legendary is more interesting to me. While another commenter pointed out that it looked like Staraptor and therefore was an immediate turn off, I think it is really cool. Unlike the former, it is more sinister and menacing, which for some reason I tend to like in Pokemon. If the Elk symbolizes life and nature (as Elks tend to do), then it would make sense if the Y legendary symbolized death. A more sinister theme for a Kid's game, but it could be written in a way that it is not blatantly evil. That would be cool.

My only problem is: what would the types be? I at first had a hard time figuring out what the types of the Dragons were in B/W, but I knew they would be dragons. These two are totally different. The Bird like entity I can believe would be a dragon, but the Elk cannot. It mustn't. The types chosen would probably not be very powerful as a combination, unless the bird was Fire/Dark and had levitate, or Flying/Dark, or Flying/Ghost, or something, or even Dark/Ghost with Levitate. The latter works well if it is supposed to be death. The other would be at a serious disadvantage if it were Psychic, but that would make sense. Psychic and then something else... I am not sure what types would work with them. Chances are that they would not be Dragons (hopefully) and therefore would not be phenomenal. But we will see. Overall very pleased.

Despite my high praise for X, I like Y more. I think it's it's dark theme that I like... If it were tragically dark it would be lovely.

EDIT: If these things were based on co-ordinates, that would be lame. If based on evolution, that would be cool, but possibly controversial to some. Oh well, they made Arceus I suppose. But if based on folklore such as the tree of Yggsdrassil, that.... that. Just that. Done.

Paddy185 said:
Also in the logos, I noticed in the Y, the ends of the Y had spikes, similar to the wings of the Bird. The same happens with the X and the deer.

Aside from that point, I love these new legendaries. It's nice to not have Dragons for a change, and the deer looks amazing. Not so sure about the bird yet, but I'm sure after a while and when we get the Sugimori artwork it will look great. It's already grown on me from when I first saw it.

I think they're okay but what's next, Pokemon A and B?

I hope these legendaries are not dragon type because I am really sick of it. And I don't want any more DNA references.

Also the 'Y' shaped legendary should be the evolved form Darkrai. Lol.

tweety210 said:
I really think the legendaries are representing genetics and evolution. The X and Y representing the X and Y chromosomes that are involved with genetics, also the elks antlers reminds me of Darwin's tree of evolution. When the eagle like legendary is about to swoop down it starts glowing and spreads its wings wide apart. Then you see a ye like line pattern inside the legendary, kinda of like its anatomy. Also the pokemon folklore have discussed everything about creation with the previous legendaries Ex: Space,Time,Weather,Land masses and Water bodies. However they have never made legendaries indicative of life and evolution....I'll stop typing now.

And its about time a pokemon game came out for the 3DS, mine is collecting dust

Yes, EXACTLY! These are the next Ho-oh and Lugia!!

Perhaps they do represent DNA, which would lead me to assume life. Because of that, I would like back up the life and death theory, as they're designs tend to fit that role. X being life and Y being death. If it is indeed genetics, I don't think the third must be made by nature. It could be something that was created by humans, though I hope it is not a fusion.

On the thought of the X and Y axis, I'd like to point out that in the trailer, Y is diving down the air while X is looking up into the sky. I dunno if that means anything, but it's an interesting detail when you think about the 2 representing the X and Y axis. Also note that the game is being release internationally. So much earthly stuff here.

I don't know the Norse mythology, but if the trio (if it even is a trio) does follow that trend, then I'm going to assume that it's mostly for design ideas.

I only noticed the red eye while I reread the news in the front page. It has the right eye red and the left blue. The pokemon from Y only shows a blue right eye. It makes me believe that the other eye is red and both have some sort of connection.

Flygon2071 said:
I only noticed the red eye while I reread the news in the front page. It has the right eye red and the left blue. The pokemon from Y only shows a blue right eye. It makes me believe that the other eye is red and both have some sort of connection.

Really? If Pokemon X has a right red eye, then it probably symbolizes Pokemon Ruby. The eyes being Ruby and Sapphire. Legs being Black and White and the antlers all have Red, Blue, and Yellow. I dunno about Gold and Silver, though. Also, I remember an old man from Black and White saying something like "all the colors combined would make bla bla bla" or something like that.

Flygon2071 said:

...what?

The deer's eyes are both blue. As are the bird's.

Back