Writing The Time Trilogy: Part One - Past

Chatot Brains

I didn't do it!
Prologue:

A long time ago, my uncle told me a story of a far away land.
My uncle is an archeologist and he found this story stored away in one of his archives.
He told me a story of a land called Rome, thousands of years ago. This story was about great palaces built my men and pokemon being used in gladiator matches for the enjoyment of the people. It was also about a man. This man, Maximus, was a slave. He was bought by a man to fight in the coliseum, the biggest arena for gladiator matches in all of Rome.
One day Maximus was taken from his cell in the prison and was thrown into a cage on a wagon. Maximus was tired from the training he had gone through last night. They trained every night, him and the rest of the slaves. They were forced by their employer to raise huge blocks of cement to get strong.
Maximus quickly fell asleep in the cage. He had a dream. A dream of him, standing in the middle of the coliseum and hundreds of people cheering for him. When he woke up, he was lying on hot sand. He stood up and looked around him. He was in the coliseum and hundreds, maybe thousands of people were sitting in the seats around him and waiting for the match to begin. The gate behind him opened and he heard something big step out. He turned around and what he saw scared and amazed him at the same time. He had never seen anything like it before.

Prologues can be short or long, as long as the point is driven home. It's a good Prologue as well:). My only critizisms (SP?):

1. Be careful on your word choice. A few things I had to reread to understand correctly.

2. Break it up into paragraphs. It's kind of like a run-on paragraph.

Other than that, :DLooks good:D

i like how you added pokemon to a real life event
cant wait to see whats behind the gate

Good Job

Back