The Team (OU)

boneclub24

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I haven't played the Pokermans for about a year now, but I figured this would be a good time to get back into it, what with the new generations and all. I'm stuck testing with Pokemon Online right now until I can get the new game. I spent all my money on Magic cards and an iPod. :D

Anyway, here we go!

The Lead:
Spr_5b_424_f.png

Queen @ Life Orb
Jolly (+Sp -SA)
Technician (F)
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 Sp
-Fake-Out
-Taunt
-Return
-U-Turn

Ambipom is a bit of an anti-lead lead who is also good at bringing the beats. Fake-Out is basically free damage. However, it is more than that. A lot of leads can actually be put in kill range with this attack with all the bonuses put in place (STAB, Technician, ect). Taunt messes with people's plans and gains tempo, while U-Turn is the common scout move. The biggest problems I run into while using this lead is when people use things like Froslass and other ghost-types that are unaffected by half of her moves. Aerodactylwas also my biggest lead enemy way back when, but I'm just not seeing much of it anymore. Either way, U-Turn into Bronzong is generally a nice out.

Everything else:
Spr_5b_437.png

Rust in Peace @ Leftovers
Sassy (+SD -Sp)
Levitate (N)
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SD
-Stealth Rock
-Light Screen
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion

This is a supporting wall build. He comes out when I either 1) Don't have anything advantageous to use at the time; or 2) After a U-Turn or Life Orb death. Stealth Rock is just plain great, giving you tons of extra damage. I try and have this guy come down early because of the Rocks, but it's not always necessary. Light Screen is another supporting ability. It helps you use something like Nasty Plot a bit more freely, and helps prevent random OHKOs. Gyro Ball is just a STAB move I put on him so he actually CAN attack. Gyro can also just randomly blow-out some teams. Explosion is the 2nd most common move for me to use, following Stealth Rock. Dragging down something with it is pretty great, especially considering you should have the Rocks up as well. He does suffer somewhat to ghosts, but this whole team sort of does (which is why I'm asking for help ;)).

Also, with the move Explosion, I just couldn't help but make the Megadeth reference :D

Spr_5b_212_m.png

Edward @ Choice Band
Adamant (+ATK -SA)
Technician (M)
EVs: 248 HP/252 ATK/8 SP
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

This is just the typical Choice Band Scizor. Bullet Punch is your main way of killing things, and at increased priority at that. U-Turn is a STAB move that has some good tricks in this team (such as the example listed above). 248 HP is to supplement the Life Orb, while 8 SP gets you just faster than a lot of common guys. Superpower gives you good coverage. Pursuit does as well, and helps to take out the ghosts I can have issues with sometimes. Finally, no, this is not named after the Twilight Edward.

Spr_5b_392.png

Deadhead @ Life Orb
Naive (+Sp -SD)
Blaze (F)
EVs: 64 HP/192 SA/252 Sp
-Nasty Plot
-Flamethrower
-Vacuum Wave
-Grass Knot

This is another one of those typical builds. Nasty Plot Infernape was really common back when I was playing before, and probably still is, for good reason. Infernape is incredibly fast, being able to outrun nearly everything in the meta. He also has great type coverage, and one of his moves is a STAB increased priority, which is great. Grass Knot not only increases coverage once again, but it also takes out most of his would-be archenemies (such as Swampert) with general ease. Once you get a Nasty Plot off, he generally can take out anything with one or two shots before killing himseld. Once again the HP stat is increased to help supplement the Orb, but less so this time. The reason for it being this way is that Infernape (for me at least) is more of a suicide-beater that is good at getting 2-4 quick KOs (or later just sweeping a whole team), but doesn't stick around very long. Overall, Nasty Plot Infernape is one of my favorite Pokemon builds.

Spr_4p_445_m.png

Landwale @ Haban Berry
Jolly (+Sp -SA)
Rough Skin (F)
EVs: 6 HP/252 ATK/252 Sp
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

This is a sweeper Garchomp. I couldn't give it an Orb, because both are in use. However, the Berry is perfectly fine, and the Life Orb would probably be "win more" anyway. Swords Dance sets up for a sweep, generally with Outrage. Earthquake is a STAB move, and a rediculously powerful one at that. Stone Edge is the typical suspect to be paired with Earthquake, because of their amazing coverage. I put the 6 remaining EVs in HP, because it would probably serve me better than a defense stat. This is because often times I will Swords Dance to set up, and I will nearly die, but due to my ridiculous speed the Outrage comes in and kills all.

Spr_5b_121.png

Sextant @ Leftovers
Timid (+Sp -ATK)
Natural Cure (M)
EVs: 252 HP/4 SD/252 Sp
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

This is my new Rapid Spinner of choice. Starmie makes up for a lot of my old weaknesses (Fire being the main one), while also giving me the support of Rapid Spin. Surf, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam give me that great coverage Starmie is so well-known for, and the Leftovers and Natural Cure abilities help give it some survivability. The other day someone said I should use some sort of healing move, for the stall team matchup. Any thoughts on this?

Again, I haven't played in ages, so if half of this is obsolete, there you go. Help is welcome and appreciated!

Old stuff:
Spr_5b_466.png

Neon Knight @ Expert Belt
Adamant (+ATK -SA)
Motor Drive (M)
EVs: 36 HP/252 ATK/220 SP
-Cross Chop
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Quick Attack

If anything can go, it's this guy. He is just a supporting beater that lends type coverage. If I'm missing anything blatantly obvious, Neon shall go. Anyway, back to the build. Motor Driver makes this one of my 2 resistant to electric guys. Cross Chop, Thunderpunch, and Ice Punch all just grant coverage, and the Belt increases this theme. Quick Attack is a little tech move I threw on here. The reason I would like this guy to revenge kill is that he has advantageous moves against a lot of Pokemon. So, if I take out the last hit of HP from someone with a Quick Attack, I force them into a tough choice. Anyway, not much else to say about this guy, he's pretty boring.

Spr_5b_530.png

Rufus @ Leftovers
Adamant (+ATK -SA)
Mold Breaker (F)
EVs: 48 HP/252 ATK/208 SP
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Rapid Spin
-Shadow Claw

Alright, this is the new guy! He used to be a Donphan, but I wanted to try this new dude out. I couldn't really find any builds to model mine after, so I completely winged it here. Rufus is a Rapid Spiner that is highly offensive. The Shadow Claw is another one of those moves that help against the shadowy specters. Earthquake and Rockslide (too bad he can't learn Stone Edge) grant tons of coverage between them. Again, this is just a test run, so advice for this is totally welcome. If I am doing it wrong I am sorry :p

Back