The Takara Region

poke_master1

May Contain Nuts
Welcome, one and all, to the Takara region, somewhere between Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh and Isshu! You'll find all kinds of new Pokemon here, plus some old friends! Every update i'll be including some Pokemon, and when the Dex is completed, some info about the region and its environs. If you wanna make up new moves, be my guest! I suck at making those :p

So, without further ado, let's begin!

UPDATE 1: THE STARTERS

#1: Wacks

The Mushroom Pokemon

Grass/Poison

Ability: Overgrow

(Named derived from the act of "waxing")

Wacks live in colonies. They like to socialize, and are a popular Pokemon for beginning trainers because they are patient and willing to try new things.

#2: Wayn

Mushroom Pokemon

Grass/Poison

(Name derived from the act of "waning")

(evolves from Wacks at level 15)

Wayn are unpleasant and nasty. They will sometimes invade Wacks colonies and take over by force. However, in the hands of a skilled Trainer, they can be used as a formidable battler.

#3: Mushelium

Mushroom Pokemon

Grass/Poison

(Name is derived from the words "mushroom" and "mycelium")

(evolves from Wayn at level 34)

Mushelium are very secretive, and are rarely seen. Their spores are so potent, they can knock a Wailord unconscious.

This line is based off poisonous mushrooms, particularly the chestnut dapperling.

#4. Sparkipilr

Fire Worm Pokemon

Fire/Bug

(Ability: Blaze)

(Name is derived from the words "spark" and "caterpillar")

(based on caterpillars, specifically those of the Monarch butterfly)

Sparkipilr eat a lot. One individual was recorded as eating twice its body weight in one day! They will not stay in this stage for long: they will soon evolve into Chrysflagr.

#5. Chrysflagr

Fire Shell Pokemon

Fire/Bug

Ability: Blaze

(Name derived from the words "chrysalis" and "conflagration")

(evolves from Sparkiplr at lv. 13)

Chrysflagr do very little, mostly just sitting still, waiting to evolve. The temperature inside Chrysflagr's shell is a blistering 398 degrees, and flames flicker out of it from time to time.

#6. Lepyro

Fire Butterfly Pokemon

Fire/Bug

Ability: Blaze

(Name derived from the scientific order butterflies are in, lepidoptera, and pyro, the Latin word for fire)

(Based on a Monarch butterfly)

(evolves from Chrysflagr at lv. 29)

Lepyro are common, friendly Pokemon. Once a year, an enormous swarm of Lepyro performs a migration to the Isshu region, where they stay for three months before returning to Takara.

#7. Tadson

Tadpole Pokemon

Water

Ability: Torrent

(Name derived from the words "tadpole" and "son")

(Based on a tadpole)

Tadson enjoy training to fight more than anything. Some Tadson will spend as much as 12 hours a day training.

#8. Amphibout

Tadpole Pokemon

Water/Fighting

(Name derived from the words amphibian and bout)

(Based on a frog undergoing metamorphosis)

(Evolves from Tadson at lv. 14)

Amphibout like to gather every so often for fighting competitions. These are usually for fun, but during the mating season, males often hold tournaments over a female.

#9. Buffo

Champ Toad Pokemon

Water/Fighting

(Name is a pun on the scientific classification for toads, Bufo, combining it with the word "buff)

(Based on both a toad and the appearance of Roman boxers)

(evolves from Amphibout at lv. 37)

Buffo are serious fighters. In Buffo colonies, the strongest battlers serve as the leaders. Conflicts between tribes are often settled through boxing matches between the colony leaders.

//////////////////////

Next Time: Piginea through Consoar!

What do you think? I'm rather proud of what I put together.

If I can get my scanner to work :p

It's kinda crude, and my cruddy movesets are on them, but I'll post the drawings if I can.

OK, a quick point.

The final evolution's names are too short. They are always more complex than your ones.

And I'd remove the swear word from your previous post, before you get warned!

(Does that count as mini-modding?)

It is kinda hard to pronounce some, and seriously? Buffo? BUFFO? That sounds like something out of a cartoon for three year olds.

I would also go off Pokémon altogether if they made one called Tadson. I'd probably hang myself to ease the pain.

All in all, I'm saying the names need mass revision. Just a hint.

@Alvin:That's not always the case, but whatever you say.

As for the "swear" (I personally don't believe in the concept of "bad words"), I changed it (even though I had already bleeped part of it out, which I feel should be enough).

@Chiraami: "Tadson" refers to both the fact that it's a tadpole, and that it's young. It's also a bit of an in-joke: at my old karate dojo, the senseis would call the male students "son" as a term of endearment.

The names get better, I assure you.

As for Buffo, it's just a silly taxonomy gag :p

Swear literally means to determine and accept something fully. Swear words are something not so, but usually people don't use them for fear of being regarded as bad vocabularists. It's true.

Bad words are still bad. They show no imagination nor any sue of vocab. and etc.

Were you saying that it wasn't always the case for my post or his? If his, tell me a final evo of a starter with a short name.

They are still generally longer than four letters. Unless it is a single 'mon line of course.

I'm sorry if I have been rude or offensive in any way to you in any of your threads. I am just putting forward my views.

No problem :p

I'm fine with them. If I had been able to think of a way to make the names longer while retaining the puns, I would have; believe me.

I love your use of interesting different sources for the names, it's just that generally the names are longer.

I don't know, maybe Buffodiator? I know it's based on a boxer as opposed to a gladiator, but often these Pokemon will have terms relevant in some way to their origin, if not necessarily absolutely derived from their inspiration .

On the swearing, personally, I disagree with you, but I will always respect the opinions of others. However, on the forums, if you wish to remain un-banned, then avoid crude language.

Buffugile might work - it incorporates the Latin word for boxer. Bufeste would also work, since it includes the metal that covered a Roman boxer's knuckles. Pankrufo is a third option. It uses the word pankration, a Greek martial art, in it.

I would like to see some pictures for your fakemon; try sketching one on a paint program. So far so good. My only problem is Wacks name. It doesn't seem pokemon-ish (granted we do have a Muk haha). Maybe try Wakshroom or Waxitake (shitake mushrooms).

@LostVoice: in that case, I'd have to change wayn's name too.

I'll try using Paint, but I can'r promise quality. I suck at using Paint :p

UPDATE TWO: Piginea through Consoar

#10. Piginea

Cavy Pokemon

Normal

Ability: Pickup/Gluttony

(Name derived from the word "pig" and "Guinea")

(Based on a Guinea pig)

Piginea are timid yet social creatures. Most Piginea rest in the day and forage for food at night. They make excellent pets.

#11. Submara

Submarine Pokemon

Normal/Water

Ability: Swift Swim/Gluttony

(Name derived from the words "submarine" and "capybara")

(Based on a capybara, the world's largest rodent, with elements of a submarine)

(evolves from Piginea at lv. 21)

Subara are much less timid than their pre-evolved forms. They spend much of their time in the water, which they can easily swim through.

#12.Flinstrike

Flint Pokemon

Rock/Fire

Ability: Flash Fire/Battle Armor

(Name derived from the words "flint" and "strike")

(Based on a piece of flint rock, which is commonly used as a fire-starter)

Flinstrike are unusual Pokemon. No one knows why a flame constantly flickers from a hole in Flinstrike's head. At eclipses, Flinstrike gather in large numbers to howl at the sun.

#13. Aborang

Timid Rang Pokemon

Flying

Ability: Motor Drive/Anticipation

(Name derived from the words "Aboriginal" and "boomerang)

(Based on the boomerangs made by Australia's natives)

Aborang are easily scared. The bravest in a group of Aborang is the de facto leader of the group. Despite their fearful reputation, Aborang have desplayed great Psychic powers when pushed to their limits.

(#14-15 are taken up by Grimer and Muk)

#16. Soareed

Flying Seed Pokemon

Grass/Flying

Ability: Harvest

(Name derived from the words "soar" and "seed")

(Based on a peanut. It has rotors sticking out of its back that are meant to resemble the seeds of a maple tree)

Soareed have one goal: finding a place to land and safely germinate into fully-grown Froncorde. They may fly up to 20 miles to achieve this.

#17. Froncorde

Wing Frond Pokemon

Grass/Flying

Ability: Flower Gift/Harvest

(Name is derived from the word "frond" as in a palm frond, and "Concorde," a now-retired supersonic passenger plane)

(Based on a palm tree as well as the Green Man legend, as well as the legend of the Mothman)

Froncorde are secretive Pokemon. They only fly at night, and have a reputation for being spotted briefly before or during natural disasters. because of this, some consider Froncorde bad luck.

#18. Birby

Baby Bird Pokemon

Normal/Flying

Ability: Early Bird/Scrappy

(Name derived from the words "bird" and "baby")

(Based on a generic bird chick)

Birby are just starting to find their way in the world. As such, they are somewhat naiive and an easy target for enemies. Fortunately, Birby can learn several powerful techniques to ward off their enemies.

#19. Ospird

Osprey Pokemon

Normal/Flying

Ability: Same as Birby

(Name derived from the words "osprey" and "bird")

(Based on an osprey, a type of bird)

(evolves from Birby at lv. 14)

Ospird strike swiftly from the sky to snatch up Magikarp from rivers and lakes. Ospird are formidable opponents, and few Pokemon dare to take them on.

#20. Consoar

Condor Pokemon

Normal/Flying

Ability: same as Birby and Ospird

(Name derived from the words "condor" and "soar")

(Based on a condor, specifically an Andean condor)

(evolves from Ospird at lv. 31)

Consoar live high in the mountains, and spot prey while flying amongst the thermals. Consoar are famous for being good trackers. However, they are threatened by trappers who use their beautiful plumage to make hats.

/////////////////////////////////
Next Time: Heles to Mobisible!

UPDATE THREE: Heles through Mobisible

#21: Heles {D}

Omen Pokemon

Ghost

Ability: Vital Spirit/Sturdy

(Name is derived from the names "Hel," the Norse goddess of the underworld, and "Hades.")

(Based on various legends of shinigami and the Grim Reaper)

It is said that Heles stalk in the night, hoping to steal away the souls of sleeping people for purposes unknown. The sight of one of these Pokemon once startled a man so badly, he died of fright.

# 22. Breezpore {G}

Spore Pokemon

Grass

Ability: Harvest

(Name derived from the words "breeze" and "spore")

(Based on a dandelion floret)

Breezpore float on the wind, trying to find a good place to create new copies of themselves to begin the process over again.

#23. Moldrum {G}

Mold Pokemon

Grass

Ability: Water Absorb

(Name derived from the words "mold" and "doldrum")

(Based on a mold)

(Evolves from Breezpore at lv. 12)

Moldrum dislike light and will avoid it at all costs. They love dark, damp places. Here they can multiply in comfort.

#24. Slimold {G}

Mold Pokemon

Grass

(Name derived from the words "slime" and "mold")

(Based on a slime mold)

(evolves from Moldrum at lv. 33)

Slimold are solitary Pokemon. They travel across the forest floor silently, stalking their prey, which they kill by smothering them in their gooey tendrils.

#25. Speppic {R}

Pepper Pokemon

Fire/Grass

Ability: Heatproof/Hydration

(Name derived from the words "spice" and "pepper")

(Based on a chili pepper)

Speppic are amicable Pokemon, and will often help lost travelers. However, they have a fiery temper that erupts at the most inopportune moments.

#26. Sawzark {W}

Saw Pokemon

Water

Ability: Swift Swim/Competitive Spirit

(Name derived from the words "saw" and "shark")

(Based on a sawshark)

Sawzark lie in ambush on the ocean floor, waiting for prey to wander near. When prey approaches, the Sawzark will strike, slashing the prey with its sawlike snout.

#27. Volhare {R}

Lava Hare Pokemon

Fire

Ability: Flame Body/Hustle

(Name derived from the words "volcano" and "hare")

(Based on a volcano rabbit)

Volhare live at the feet of volcanoes, where they scurry about, forraging for their favorite Berries to eat. They live in a complex system of underground tunnels.

#28. Jumflame {R}

Lava Hare Pokemon

Fire

Ability: Flame Body/Hussle

(Name derived from the words "jump" and "flame")

(Based on a volcano rabbit)

(evolves from Volhare at lv. 24)

Jumflame lead Volhare dens. They are very fast, with one individual once ebing clocked at 57 MPH.

#29. Orceanus {W}

Orca Pokemon

Water

Ability: Soundproof/Swift Swim

(Name derived from the word "orca" and the name "Oceanus" from Greek myth)

(Based on an orca, or "killer whale")

Orceanus hunt in pods, with the oldest leading. they will swarm their prey and tear it into chunks to be divided up amongst the other Orceanus by rank.

#30. Mobisible {W}

Diving Pokemon

Water/Dark

Ability: Soundproof/Swift Swim

(Name derived from the name "Moby Dick," a famous sperm whale, and "submersible")

(Based on a sperm whale)

(evolves from Orceanus at lv. 34)

Unlike Orceanus, Mobisible prefer to hunt alone. They will dive down great distances to hunt their favorite prey, Squideep. Their epic battles often leave them with terrible scars.

///////////////////////////

NEXT TIME: Macawti to Peckary!

Oh, and I've been working on the Pokemon in MS Paint. Here's Wacks:

wacks.png

Yyyyyyyyeah. Better keep working on that scanner.

@Alvin: No, I just like those languages.

Also, hahahahahahahahaha, the origin for Mobisible's name was censored to "Richard." Classic.

Back