The Sacramento Surprise — Arceus Makes A Comeback?!

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! The North America Regional Championships circuit is well under way, and another massive Regional just took place in Sacramento. Although this tournament had an astounding 1,400 players, it was the smallest North America Regional so far! My group and I decided to play Lost Zone Kyogre. The single-Prize version of the deck featuring Zamazenta just won Peoria Regionals, and we only changed one card, cutting the terrible Beach Court for a fourth Escape Rope. I also wanted a second copy of Lost Vacuum because the deck has a hard...

Continue reading...

For playing around Hawlucha, would you just have Echoing Horned to fill a bench spot?

And for Beach Court being bad, what's your rationale on that apart from it helping your opponent? To some degree, I can see that naturally retreating helps load up your discard pile for Recycler/Rod/Kyogre plays late-game, but sometimes, having that free retreat post-Iono is so nice. I'm currently weighing the benefits of running the single Court vs. a 4th Rope or 2nd Vacuum in LB Kyogre.

For playing around Hawlucha, would you just have Echoing Horned to fill a bench spot?

And for Beach Court being bad, what's your rationale on that apart from it helping your opponent? To some degree, I can see that naturally retreating helps load up your discard pile for Recycler/Rod/Kyogre plays late-game, but sometimes, having that free retreat post-Iono is so nice. I'm currently weighing the benefits of running the single Court vs. a 4th Rope or 2nd Vacuum in LB Kyogre.
I should have overdamaged KO with sableye to not open up two slots. You got all the reasons for court. As far as stadiums go, pokestop is just much better. Second vacuum is very good

Back