Discussion The Pokemon Ultra Prism Prerelease

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I won the event with a Magnezone/Heatran deck. My promo was Heatran, and I packed Glaceon GX. My ultra-consistent list looked like this:
Pokemon:10
1 Magnemite (ULP 80)
1 Magnemite (ULP 81)
3 Magneton
2 Magnezone
2 Heatran
1 Spiritomb

Trainers:11
2 Looker
1 Cynthia
1 Hau
1 Lillie
1 Sophocles

1 Great Ball
1 Nest Ball
1 Timer Ball
1 Looker's Whistle
1 Pal Pad

Energy:19
19 Metal
(I didn't include set names and numbers because it's a prerelease)
I would definitely recommend this deck, it won every division at my prerelease!

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
^Hah, my cousin who went undefeated at my prerelease had an almost identical deck to yours. Just replace 1 Sophocles, 1 Looker Whistle, 1 Magneton & 2 Metal energies for 1 Dialga GX, 1 Solgaleo prism, 1 Drampa, 1 Mt. Coronet, and 1 extra Lillie.

Mario W

Aspiring Trainer
went 2-1 at my prerelease. got a bunch of bunk outside of Palkia GX. worked out because i drew Empoleon so he went in there.

All 3 matches i got paired up against metal types. That Magnezone ability is crazy effective, just like how Blastoise swept the first Tournament circuits back in the 90's. However, in my second match, i got a little satisfaction at the cost of that ability.....i was very evolution-scattered, lots of basics, or evolutions that i was missing basics for. i did get my Palkia GX to open on the bench, so i decided to put my eggs in his basket. Five patient turns later, my opponent now had his Zone out, completely unloaded a ton of energy after using Cynthia, and was ready to steamroll to victory! once my active got knocked, out came Palkia with the GX move, KO'ing a slightly-damaged Zone, and shuffling ALL of his energy back into the deck!!! I couldnt help but smile as he snatched up the card to frantically read the text....lol

He did have one more trick up his sleeve, however, as he brought out spiritomb to block out my GX....luckily i was able to draw a Prinlup, evolve him and start hacking away.

All in all, i was very happy with my play in the tourney, very dissappointed in the pulls from the 8 packs in total....

Note: was able to trade away one of my spare Turto GX's for a much needed Ho-Oh GX for my Volc deck, so i didnt come away totally empty handed!

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
^Hah, my cousin who went undefeated at my prerelease had an almost identical deck to yours. Just replace 1 Sophocles, 1 Looker Whistle, 1 Magneton & 2 Metal energies for 1 Dialga GX, 1 Solgaleo prism, 1 Drampa, 1 Mt. Coronet, and 1 extra Lillie.
Not as though I had THAT kind of pack luck...

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I've gone to all of them since Sun and Moon, but I always get destroyed! I have the worst luck with my PR packs and basically have to run the evo pack!