The Next Rotation

Yeah I am with you on both of those decks Luispipe8. Enanched hammer is getting rotated though isn't it. Crushing might have to do the job.

Trevenant / Donphan, Seismitoad EX / Garbodor, Pyroar / Mewtwo, and Lucario-EX / Tyrantrum are the decks I am really interested in building.

Ironman131 said:
Yeah I am with you on both of those deck Luispipe8. Enanched hammer is getting rotated though isnt it. Crushing might have to do the job.

Yeah, sadly it is. Although I've reasons to keep my hopes up, it was a XY-P Promo in Japan a few months ago, so I'm eager to see it in the upcoming sets.

Yeah same here but I heard that the promo still had the dark exploers logo on it so hopefully that was just a rumor.

Ironman131 said:
Yeah same here but I heard that the promo still had the dark exploers logo on it so hopefully that was just a rumor.

No, no, no, the card everyone was talking about was this one. This was handed out Worlwide(as in "not in Japan") as the Xerneas League season Promo card. If this was the case, it would still be out of the Rotation happening in September.

I'm referring to this other one. This was given out in Pokémon Card Gym tournaments from May through July. This means that the card would still be legal as soon as that card arrives internationally.

Great, just when I thought that card would finally get rotated, it might still stick around.

Oh well, I'll have to deal with it in Extended anyways.

After a discussion at my league a few days ago I got really mixed up. Will the format change to BCR-on THIS September or September of 2015?

DevinTheWelf said:
After a discussion at my league a few days ago I got really mixed up. Will the format change to BCR-on THIS September or September of 2015?

This september Devin. :p

The card I'm going to miss the most is level ball. Those level ball toolbox decks were a lot of fun. It was also a good one of in a lot of other decks.

I am thinking of getting back into Pokemon after a few years off. It is a bit daunting to learn all the new cards by looking at set scans...not to mention trying to find places where all of the promos are printed. Anyway, one thing I can't locate in this new format is a Night Maintenance type of card. What is the best substitute to get pokemon out of the discard pile? Or, is night maintenance still legal?

If you're just getting back into the game, you can still use your old cards in casual play at just about any league (provided your opponent agrees to play an unlimited match).

As for standard (modified) play, one good way to get familiar with recent cards and the format in general is to watch recent YouTube videos (I highly recommend the channel TheTopCut, which uploads videos from PTCGO, the online game, around twice each week), or to read decklist threads (Which you can find in the Deck Garage forum) and articles (which you can find on a variety of sites, such as http://google.com/.com and thetopcut.net).

Another great way to get into the game, while also getting your hands on some brand new cards, is to attend a pre-release events. Most leagues will hold a pre-release tournament 1 or 2 weeks prior to the release of a new set. These tournaments give you 6 booster packs from the set and have each player build a 40-card deck using only the cards you pull (basic energy being provided freely, though you must return them). Since everyone's on an even playing field (and since these tournaments are always for more fun and casual play), you don't have to worry about what you bring. Though I would bring/buy sleeves if you want your new cards to stay in good condition.

The next pre-release for English cards will be for the Furious Fists set, and will take place on the weekends of August 2nd-3rd and 10th-11th, depending on the specific league hosting it.

Lastly night maintenance is no longer legal, but Super Rod (Noble Victories and Dragon Vault) is an exact equivalent which IS. However, Super Rod will unfortunately be rotated out after the next rotation which takes place this September 3rd. We are rotating to Boundaries Crossed-On. Once it is rotated, there will be no trainer cards in the format which can retrieve both Pokemon AND Energy from the discard, sadly. However, we will still have Max Revive and Sacred Ash for Pokemon, and Energy Retrieval and Superior Energy Retrieval for Energy.

Hope this information was helpful.

Back