• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The New Zoroark/Gardevoir? Zoroark/Empoleon

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hello everyone. I'm here to propose a new archetype that I think has some potential, Zoroark/Empoleon. Here's the list I'm on currently:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 4 Zorua SLG 52
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Mew-EX LTR 139
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Piplup UPR 32
* 1 Piplup UPR 31
* 3 Empoleon UPR 34

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 3 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 N FCO 105
* 1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Evosoda XY 116
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Rare Candy DEX 100
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 9

* 1 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 3 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 5 Water Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Essentially, it runs alot like Zoroark/Gardevoir except you run Empoleon for the one-shot potential instead of Gardevoir. Because of this, your matchups against Dusk Mane Necrozma, Glaceon-GX, Golisopod-GX, and Garbodor are improved, while you don't lose any good matchups that you get from Gardevoir. Empoleon gives you a better non-GX attacker than Gallade (Although you do lose Preminition which is kind of sad). This deck is also harder to wall with Hoopa or Xurkitree than Zoroark/Gardevoir is. However, due to the loss of Gallade and the fact that Empoleon needs two Energy to attack, this deck is less consistent.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I think this looks like it can definitely be an archetype. I have two suggestions, though.

-1 Lele
-1 Bridgette

+1 Mew EX
+1 N

It might just be me living in an old meta, but I think a higher count of N is good. You really just want the Bridgett for turn one Ultra Ball into Lele for it, so you just need to hit an Ultra ball to do that. Then, it's not as useful. N is good at all stages of the game, besides maybe when you're about to win.

Also, depending on your preferences, you can consider swapping Evosoda for Timer Ball, since that can find the Empleon to Rare Candy into, but the coin flips can ruin you if you get bad luck.

Hope this helps!

Personally, I think this looks like it can definitely be an archetype. I have two suggestions, though.

-1 Lele
-1 Bridgette

+1 Mew EX
+1 N

It might just be me living in an old meta, but I think a higher count of N is good. You really just want the Bridgett for turn one Ultra Ball into Lele for it, so you just need to hit an Ultra ball to do that. Then, it's not as useful. N is good at all stages of the game, besides maybe when you're about to win.

Also, depending on your preferences, you can consider swapping Evosoda for Timer Ball, since that can find the Empleon to Rare Candy into, but the coin flips can ruin you if you get bad luck.

Hope this helps!
I already run a Mew-EX, and I'm pretty sure 1 is enough. N is good but if you whiff T1 Brigette you kind of just auto-lose. Plus Brigettes can be used as Trade fodder, and you have Puzzles to get N back if you need to. Thanks though :)

Love this list in concept, but it's kind of systemically vulnerable to Parallel City, as Empoleon is also dependent on you having a full bench, so if city comes down and you can't get rid of it and restore your bench before attacking, both of your major offensive options are neutered simultaneously. Lots of Garb, Buzzwole and Buzzwole/Garb lists are running 2 or even 3 of them these days. You're already running two blowers and puzzles so I think you're as well prepared for it as you can reasonably expected to be, just something to keep in mind.

Love this list in concept, but it's kind of systemically vulnerable to Parallel City, as Empoleon is also dependent on you having a full bench, so if city comes down and you can't get rid of it and restore your bench before attacking, both of your major offensive options are neutered simultaneously. Lots of Garb, Buzzwole and Buzzwole/Garb lists are running 2 or even 3 of them these days. You're already running two blowers and puzzles so I think you're as well prepared for it as you can reasonably expected to be, just something to keep in mind.
My sentiments exactly.

Nice Deck! I really like this concept, but how about:-

-1 Zoroark-GX
-1 Evosoda

+1 Tapu Fini-GX
+1 Field Blower
Firstly, we just need 2 Zoroark-GX's in play since your main attacker is Empoleon. 2 Evosoda are good but we really need staller in this deck, so Tapu Fini-GX does the job with its GX Attack 'Tapu Storm GX'.. Sadly we have to get rid off one of the Evosoda for Tapu Fini-GX...

And then, we really do need more Field Blowers against Garbodors, Fighting Fury Belts on Buzzwole-GX's, and Parallel City stadiums.

I think your list looks great! Nothing I would personally change. Like others have said, Parallel City is this deck's biggest weakness, but it's not like you instantly lose to it. Your opponent can play around your strategy by limiting their bench but that could also hinder them. Overall, I dig Empoleon. I was playing an Empoleon deck online for a bit and had a lot of fun with it. I might have to try this out.

Gone 0-2 with this deck so far, not impressed. Played against Zoropod and Zororoc. What do you guys think?
Nice Deck! I really like this concept, but how about:-
-1 Zoroark-GX
-1 Evosoda
+1 Tapu Fini-GX
+1 Field Blower
Firstly, we just need 2 Zoroark-GX's in play since your main attacker is Empoleon. 2 Evosoda are good but we really need staller in this deck, so Tapu Fini-GX does the job with its GX Attack 'Tapu Storm GX'.. Sadly we have to get rid off one of the Evosoda for Tapu Fini-GX...

And then, we really do need more Field Blowers against Garbodors, Fighting Fury Belts on Buzzwole-GX's, and Parallel City stadiums.

The main attacker is actually Zoroark, so I'd like to keep 4. And I have Puzzles for more Blowers. I will try losing an Evosoda for a Fini though, thanks :)

Back