The new Ipod Nano

Shining Meganium

Aspiring Trainer
The generation 5 Ipod Nano has been released and its what I most want for Christmas, has anybody got one/ want one and whats your opinion on it.

I've seen them and frankly I think the video camera was a stupid idea. For one it can't even take pictures. Also why should the nano have a camera? I think the iPod touch should have gotten at least a regular camera.
The radio feature to me is long awaited, but its nice.
Bigger screen is always nice i guess.
I won't want to get one though, my iPod touch is better IMO.

This belongs more in Entertainment Talk.

*Moved*

dmaster out.

(Randy) said:
I've seen them and frankly I think the video camera was a stupid idea. For one it can't even take pictures. Also why should the nano have a camera? I think the iPod touch should have gotten at least a regular camera.
The radio feature to me is long awaited, but its nice.
Bigger screen is always nice i guess.
I won't want to get one though, my iPod touch is better IMO.

The sentences in bold are what I think too. ;x

I mean, if I couldn't get an iPod Touch, then this would be what I would want though. It looks cool. The video camera makes it even more appealing for consumers. (That's why I'd want one. lol)

The reason the iPod doesn't have a regular camera is because the camera is pretty terrible, decent enough for video, but not at all for taking pictures, as you notice lack of quality more on a still image (though it would've been nice to at least have the possibility, I guess).

And the iPod Touch is slightly slimmer than the iPhone (which was apparently a problem for a decent camera), that and lowering the price were the 2 reasons Apple probably didn't add a camera. Adding the subpar camera of the nano probably would've looked silly on it as well. Cutting the camera seemed to be a last minute decision for the 3rd gen, though, for whatever reason. But it's probably safe to expect a camera in the next gen Touches.

I agree with HS. I think that manufacturers are going overboard with cameras! It's like they're training us to be spies! First they put one in the DS-i, then one in the Nano, they are turning into a disease! I'm glad my iPod touch doesn't have a camera in it!

I personally think it's overated but people still buy them

Also they're making iPod touch with camera as well

The camera is cool; kind of pointless though, it does not really need one. It's not my place to say if it's bad quality as I do not have one. In my opinion I would of thought that the screen would be too small to take decent pictures on it.

The only problem with my nano is that it's 8GB, 2000 songs :(. That's why I had to buy a Classic, if you've never had an iPod then it's great. Nice buy Shining Meganium. ;)

I could never, ever afford an iPod.

Is spending a couple hundred dollars for a slightly better player actually worth it? Does the iPod cure cancer, or something?

It just depends on how many songs you want to hold, that's how you measure what G's you want to have.

@Zenith: I think thats a bit of an exaggeration to be honest. It's not a couple of hundred dollars, in fact you;d find thats it's near enough the same price as a normal player but with better layout and things.

If I want a new iPod Nano it would cost me upwards of $130. While this is not a couple hundred dollars it is still extremely expensive when I can get a Sandisk Sansa Clip (a small, sturdy MP3 player) for less than $50, and the only thing I'd really lose out on is the ability to play videos, which I don't need.

But you can get an 8GB iPod one for the same price.

EDIT: How many GB's is your's Shining Meganium?

No, it's $10 more. And the iPod Nano is still quite a bit more expensive, which was the original point I made.

Back