Pokemon The Multiple Dimensions Theory

Holon's Hero

Aspiring Trainer
Much like the alternate Timeline theory of the Legend of Zelda series, I believe in what I like to call the "Multiple Dimensions" Theory for Pokemon.
What this basically means is that the Pokemon universe is broken up into many different dimensions. More specifically, it's broken into Three major dimensions, with many lesser dimensions as well.
I call these three dimensions the Red, Blue, and Yellow dimensions, since the first three games set the precedence for this theory.
The Yellow Dimension is what I believe is the complete dimension, so to speak, meaning that this dimension takes parts from the other two dimensions and combines them, making it the largest dimension. Take Pokemon Emerald for example. In Pokemon Emerald, the story is basically the same as Ruby and Sapphire, but with slight modifications here and there. I believe this combination of the two stories is what defines a Yellow Dimension game.

It's difficult to define games to a Red or Blue dimension. The Red and Blue games are very easy, but further games require more strained relations. I believe the best way to define a Red or Blue dimension game is to look at their influences on the Yellow Dimension. I believe that Red games have a greater influence on the Yellow games than the Blue games. Although not as prominent in The first generation, the Second generation has more influences. For one thing, the Pokemon sprites in Crystal are based mostly off of Gold as opposed to Silver, and the Ultimate legend in the game is Ho-oH, as it is in Gold.

Red Dimension games are as follows:
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Sapphire

Blue Dimension games are as follows:
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Ruby

The Yellow games are as follows:
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Emerald

So, what do you think of my theory?
Am I on to something, or am I full of it?

This so does not make sense. The games are so intertwined that there are no mutiple dimensions or anything, just different locations. Why do youy think they name the locations the same? And as for Yellow and Emerald they had to do that. They can't just change the whole game, they need you to do the same thing just with added stuff.

I dont no this theory is...well i dont know how to describe it. I mean i guess u have a concept but the games are mostly the same except small things. i dont know maybe if you can build the concept up a little it might make more sense

Blastoise king said:
This so does not make sense. The games are so intertwined that there are no mutiple dimensions or anything, just different locations. Why do youy think they name the locations the same? And as for Yellow and Emerald they had to do that. They can't just change the whole game, they need you to do the same thing just with added stuff.
I decided to correct your post. I'm such a nice guy, aren't I?
Actually, the locations in the games are identical between versions, its just the events and Pokemon that differ.
As for interaction, I believe dimensions interact through three methods: Pokemon Centers, Dimensional Nexi, and Dongles.
The simplest concept is that when trading between Pokemon centers, the link between the two games represents a dimensional link. This is the simplest, but weakest dimensional interaction.
The next method is a Dimensional Nexus.(A nexus is a meeting point, usually used to describe points at which different dimensions intersect.) Basically, there is a point in each region that acts as a point of convergence for all three dimensions. The easiest example is the Turnback Cave, as it is explicitly called an extra-dimensional manifestation. This is the most permanent, yet rarest, method of interaction.
The final method is the Dongle method. (for those not savy in computer lingo, a Dongle is a piece of hardware used to authenticate a piece of software.) This is where portions of a dimension are combined with a whole dimension. For example, combining a Ruby version with a Diamond version represents the Dongle interaction. This is a slightly stronger interaction than trading, but is also the most complex method.
Remember, I'm not talking about real life, but how I believe the universes in the pokemon games interact with each other.
Another clarification: Alternate Dimensions doesn't necessarily mean polar opposites. As an example, take the Futurama episode where the professor makes an alternate reality. The dimensions are identical, save for the color scheme, and the fact that coin flip outcomes are reversed. The same concept applies here, just different events and Pokemon appearances.

Oh, and Blastoise King, you might possibly be the worst typer I have ever seen. Seriously, it doesn't take but two seconds to go through your post and make sure that its grammatically correct.

Holon's Hero said:
Blastoise king said:
I decided to correct your post. I'm such a nice guy, aren't I?
Actually, the locations in the games are identical between versions, its just the events and Pokemon that differ.
As for interaction, I believe dimensions interact through three methods: Pokemon Centers, Dimensional Nexi, and Dongles.
The simplest concept is that when trading between Pokemon centers, the link between the two games represents a dimensional link. This is the simplest, but weakest dimensional interaction.
The next method is a Dimensional Nexus.(A nexus is a meeting point, usually used to describe points at which different dimensions intersect.) Basically, there is a point in each region that acts as a point of convergence for all three dimensions. The easiest example is the Turnback Cave, as it is explicitly called an extra-dimensional manifestation. This is the most permanent, yet rarest, method of interaction.
The final method is the Dongle method. (for those not savy in computer lingo, a Dongle is a piece of hardware used to authenticate a piece of software.) This is where portions of a dimension are combined with a whole dimension. For example, combining a Ruby version with a Diamond version represents the Dongle interaction. This is a slightly stronger interaction than trading, but is also the most complex method.
Remember, I'm not talking about real life, but how I believe the universes in the pokemon games interact with each other.
Another clarification: Alternate Dimensions doesn't necessarily mean polar opposites. As an example, take the Futurama episode where the professor makes an alternate reality. The dimensions are identical, save for the color scheme, and the fact that coin flip outcomes are reversed. The same concept applies here, just different events and Pokemon appearances.

Oh, and Blastoise King, you might possibly be the worst typer I have ever seen. Seriously, it doesn't take but two seconds to go through your post and make sure that its grammatically correct.

:p Sorry my bad,I so have to fix this problem of mine.

I just classify the games under 1 of 3 'types.' Nothing to do with dimensions..

'Hot/Red'
Red
Gold
Ruby
Fire Red
Pearl

'Cold/Blue'
Blue
Silver
Sapphire
Leaf Green
Diamond

'3rd Game'
Yellow
Crystal
Emerald

I aggree with DNA... also they might of made 2 versions to satisfy boys AND girls...

hypertech said:
I aggree with DNA... also they might of made 2 versions to satisfy boys AND girls...

Eh, what do you mean?

I don't see how Gold/Silver, Diamond/Pearl etc lean to any specific gender.

The regions are as Blastiose king said are intwined with each other. But your theory can make sense, I just can't see any link between your dimensions and versions you have made.

Back