The MLB is fixed.

DawnOfXatu said:
Anthony G: That is a rough generalization. The general population of Florida is just like those of any other place. To say that Florida is just a place filled with Elderly people and youthful people is a huge stereotype of Florida. Plus most College Students and Elderly people are able to like/watch sports, in which case I would still be right.

Not really, have you even been to Florida? And its not really a huge stereotype seeing as how a that's the dominant force behind Florida. And stereotype would consist of me saying that the majority of the city is full of low/middle income Cuban Americans, Run down cities dominated by low income African Americans, and old folk. That is a stereotype of Florida, not what I said.

Anyway, sure there are cities with families but not as much as say a friendly family area such as Boston where as the Florida area. Also those families are some whom can support Tampa Bay but not as big as the Boston Area.

By the way have you ever seen a Tampa Bay game? Lol. The seats are mostly EMPTY. Now, if it was such a conspiracy you would have to build up the fan base of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, give them a few winning series such as win a Playoff game then lose. Then another season of going decent maybe not going to the playoffs. If they have constant winning then they could build a big fan base. Rather than what they have now; The bandwagon fans. Fans who see there areas team is good but once they start becoming themselves again (losing wise) they don't care for much of the team again.

Anyway, you really don't give any facts other than the NY Yankees to "try" to prove your conspiracy theory. You really cant be wrong if you cannot give no proof on how your right so you cannot be wrong if you wrote it.

DawnOfXatu said:
First off, I only said that this has been going on for a couple of decades, nothing too long. It was really just when the MLB started to merchandise at its full potential (around the late 70's through the late 80's) So overall I have been saying that lately, this has been going on. Even if the Pirates have beat the Yankees in 1960, in this current era, there is no way that they would choose the Pirates over the Yankees.

People are spending more time poking at the fact that this is just a theory, instead of trying to come up with facts that could actually disprove this.

In this current era, would they choose Marlins over Yankees? Because 6 years ago that's what happened, even though the Marlin's have one of the smallest fanbases in baseball.

Back