• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Meanest Gardevoir-GX Build

Draskk

Blast From The Past
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Eevee SUM 101
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 3 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 1 Gallade BKT 84
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Super Rod NVI 95
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N FCO 105
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 Max Potion BKP 103
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 8 Fairy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is basically a combination of the Gardevoir variant that runs Max Potion and the Sylveon variant. This version has access to both Max Potion and the Plea-GX+Parallel City combo, and still gets some supplemental draw support from Oranguru (not as good as Octillery but oh well). This is based off of Michael Slutsky's list, but with these edits:

-1 Gallade
-1 Octillery
-1 Remoraid
-1 Alolan Vulpix
-1 Field Blower
+1 Sylveon-GX
+1 Eevee
+1 Float Stone
+1 Oranguru
+1 Parallel Ciry

Let me know what you think :)

The list is trying to do too much, read the 6P guide to "brokenvoir", it shows why that list is not too great
6P? Also this list isn't trying to do to much, instead of the 1-1 Octillery it runs 1-1 Sylveon. That is the only major difference between this list and the London list.

Interesting that you combined both builds...I would think that would decrease consistency but im sure its still strong. I play brokenvoir as one of my main decks and I definitely miss magical ribbon. I might suggest -1 max potion for a second gallade.

6P? Also this list isn't trying to do to much, instead of the 1-1 Octillery it runs 1-1 Sylveon. That is the only major difference between this list and the London list.
^prizes, and I would suggest taking a Gardivoir Sylveon list and tweaking it to have a few max potions, not the other way around

So I've been playing "Brokenvoir" a bit and while Sylveon GX is great in other builds, with the heavy Max Potion build you typically want to use Gardevoir's GX attack late-game so you can, in theory, use Max Potion up to 8 times in a game while focusing on 2HKOing things instead of loading up on energy for those big OHKOs. A 1-1 Sylveon line seems fine but I think cutting that along with the Oranguru for a 2-1 Octillery line would just work better. I totally get wanting to use Sylveon though so it just comes down to preference.

As far as you wanting to cut something for a fourth Sycamore, I'd say cut the single copy of Float Stone.

Gardevoir GX is one of the most offensive powerhouse decks out there(attack based off energy attached/ability to accelerate energy) and this list plays it defensively.....gotta play the card to its strengths I feel like if you're looking for a deck to get 2HKOs then you should be playing a Golisopod or Zoroark GX deck...those cards are made for quick and consistent 2HKOs

Gardevoir GX is one of the most offensive powerhouse decks out there(attack based off energy attached/ability to accelerate energy) and this list plays it defensively.....gotta play the card to its strengths I feel like if you're looking for a deck to get 2HKOs then you should be playing a Golisopod or Zoroark GX deck...those cards are made for quick and consistent 2HKOs

I think this list, and any similar list, still plays to the card's strengths. It just plays to it differently. This deck can abuse Max Potion because it's able to accelerate energy back onto itself. It also takes advantage of its 230HP, especially with Max Potion spam, and this list wins against other Gardevoir lists that are built to play more offensively. There's a reason the "Brokenvoir" list has been seeing a ton of success lately.

So I've been playing "Brokenvoir" a bit and while Sylveon GX is great in other builds, with the heavy Max Potion build you typically want to use Gardevoir's GX attack late-game so you can, in theory, use Max Potion up to 8 times in a game while focusing on 2HKOing things instead of loading up on energy for those big OHKOs. A 1-1 Sylveon line seems fine but I think cutting that along with the Oranguru for a 2-1 Octillery line would just work better. I totally get wanting to use Sylveon though so it just comes down to preference.

As far as you wanting to cut something for a fourth Sycamore, I'd say cut the single copy of Float Stone.
I can never get off a Twilight FSR, I always feel like Infinite Forcing is the better play. I've tried to version with Octillery and I like it, I just prefer Sylveon because Plea GX fixes alot of matchups, and Magical Ribbon is super nice and forces your opponent to N, which is not something they'd normally want to do early game. I'll try losing the Float for a fourth Sycamore. :)
I think this list, and any similar list, still plays to the card's strengths. It just plays to it differently. This deck can abuse Max Potion because it's able to accelerate energy back onto itself. It also takes advantage of its 230HP, especially with Max Potion spam, and this list wins against other Gardevoir lists that are built to play more offensively. There's a reason the "Brokenvoir" list has been seeing a ton of success lately.

Back