• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

~The Legend of Emboar~ (Emboar) HGSS-On

Sensei

3rd Place Cities - T-Tar
Rayquaza Deoxys Legend 2-2
Emboar BW (inferno fandango) 2-2-2
Magnezone TM 2-2-2
Reshiram BW x2
Smeargle UD x3
Shaymin UL x1

3 Judge
3 Collector
1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Interviewers
2 Seeker
2 Engineer's Adjustments

3 Rare Candy
3 Switch
2 Energy Retrieval
3 Communcation

2 Rescue Energy
9 {R} Energy
3 {L} Energy

Objective - Use Emboar to power up these amazing fire type Pokemon! Check out the list, I'm pretty sure it is almost self explanatory.
1.Set up Emboar and a legend (maybe start with Smeargle)
2. Start blasting with your legend while you setup a Reshiram and Magnezone for draw power (and attack power...)
3.Just in case things go wrong, or your not thinking straight...you've got Shaymin to come in and save the day :)

What do you think?

RE: ~The Legend of Emboar~ Epic Super Mega HGSS>>>

you need to be very careful when you play the legend. colorless weakness is going to hurt you something bad with Bouffalant literally revenge KO'ing you. or Cincinno mowing it down. those are going to be your most likely OHKO scenarios.

I would replace the 2 flowershop ladies with 2 rescue energies, and the 2 burned towers for 2 fisherman. or maybe 1 fisherman and 1 energy returner.

carlitosbob said:
you need to be very careful when you play the legend. colorless weakness is going to hurt you something bad with Bouffalant literally revenge KO'ing you. or Cincinno mowing it down. those are going to be your most likely OHKO scenarios.

I would replace the 2 flowershop ladies with 2 rescue energies, and the 2 burned towers for 2 fisherman. or maybe 1 fisherman and 1 energy returner.

Good advice my friend!
I will make these changes really fast. I have not made this deck yet...but I am trying to figure out what deck to play before the rotation occurs.
Thanks.

carlitosbob said:
I meant energy retrieval. I keep mixing them up =(

Oh, I'll go in and change it. I'm not too familiar with the new TSS, I think I know what they all do.
ANyway, I'll go change it now.

Sensei said:

BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP!!! For real people. What do you think? Any critics? I know you're watching!! Be fair and say something...
Not too familiar with whats going on after HGSS-on

no one knows how the meta in the USA is going to be like in HS-on. We can look @ japans meta and assume that we'll closely match it. But if we don't get catcher, then our meta will be VERY different.

I ran into a boar/deoxy legend deck recently that gave me quite some issue and did extremely well around here. In my opinion ninetales line for this sort of deck would be much quicker and more consistent compared to the magnezone. Also id swap out Smeargle for either cleffa or Stantler UL because with Juniper, Judge, and Copycat around you could very easily kill your set up by potraiting into them.

You have 22 Pokemons and only 24 T/S/S. FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, 24 is too low for the new meta, because of the lose of Uxie. From my test plays, having a deck like yours will not draw into a Supporter after you used one. So you do not have a consistent engine. (you have only 3 Judge to reshuffle, so) I know you have Magnezone but the lack of Supporters will slow your deck down. More, you are playing RDL without even playing Legend Box or Bronzong. Trust me, it will be really hard to bring them out, just with 3 Pokemon Communications. Again, you are playing to much techs or strategies. Therefore, I suggest you to focus on a Strategy and concentrate on it. I mean, what is the point of Shamin? And why not use Fire engine while you have the chance? Think about it AND PLAYTEST.

shaymin is for its pokepower. instead of legend box, he'll just emboar the energy onto the legend, and he will likely have an electric or 2 energy on the field when he gets the legend. then shaymin powers it up. that's probably what it is, since that's the only real reason I see for shaymin. other than maybe swapping the energy off of a poke that is about to die so all the energy doesn't get trashed.

carlitosbob said:
shaymin is for its pokepower. instead of legend box, he'll just emboar the energy onto the legend, and he will likely have an electric or 2 energy on the field when he gets the legend. then shaymin powers it up. that's probably what it is, since that's the only real reason I see for shaymin. other than maybe swapping the energy off of a poke that is about to die so all the energy doesn't get trashed.

Both of you bring up good points. I will definitley look at my TSS count here in a minute and update it.
Emboar and Zone take care of so much - it should be fine without many more supporters, but I will look.

Okay, I made some changes. Check it out and let me know what you think. Where is Dmaster :p

I honestly have no experience with this kind of deck (or Fire in general) for HG/SS-on. :F

Just from looking, the Trainer line is a little crazy with copies of 1 cards and such and the Rescue Energy also gets bunched with that. From playing Legend Box in the past, it's really never worked unless you use the kind of setup with Dialga PL and using something like Junk Arm but with HG/SS-on, I don't see how you can consistently use Legend Box in that kind of fashion. I would probably cut it for another Rescue Energy just to have that a little bit more consistent. I don't honestly know how much SSU would help you, especially if you used Rare Candy on one of your Stage 2s (also considering the fact you have the Seeker+Switch combo which works 100% of the time). I would either find room for another one or cut them for more consistency like another Collector and another Energy Retrieval (you have Flower Shop Lady so I'm not sure how much Fisherman can actually help, he's cuttable for another Switch or Pokemon Communication because those are really good cards).

tldr:

-1 Legend Box
-2 SSU
-1 Fisherman
+1 Rescue Energy
+1 Energy Retreival
+1 Pokemon Collector
+1 Switch/Pokemon Communication

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
I honestly have no experience with this kind of deck (or Fire in general) for HG/SS-on. :F

Just from looking, the Trainer line is a little crazy with copies of 1 cards and such and the Rescue Energy also gets bunched with that. From playing Legend Box in the past, it's really never worked unless you use the kind of setup with Dialga PL and using something like Junk Arm but with HG/SS-on, I don't see how you can consistently use Legend Box in that kind of fashion. I would probably cut it for another Rescue Energy just to have that a little bit more consistent. I don't honestly know how much SSU would help you, especially if you used Rare Candy on one of your Stage 2s (also considering the fact you have the Seeker+Switch combo which works 100% of the time). I would either find room for another one or cut them for more consistency like another Collector and another Energy Retrieval (you have Flower Shop Lady so I'm not sure how much Fisherman can actually help, he's cuttable for another Switch or Pokemon Communication because those are really good cards).

tldr:

-1 Legend Box
-2 SSU
-1 Fisherman
+1 Rescue Energy
+1 Energy Retreival
+1 Pokemon Collector
+1 Switch/Pokemon Communication

dmaster out.

Great advice Mr. Dmaster! I will definitely make these changes. Don't say you have no experience - I have not played HGSS on either, but you know your stuff! Thanks for the advice - I always look forward to it.

If I remember correctly, both attackers in this deck needs to discard Fire energies, right? Fisherman is the right thing.

wang zitong said:
If I remember correctly, both attackers in this deck needs to discard Fire energies, right? Fisherman is the right thing.

I could sit here and toy around with it....but can you please show me what you would do to add those Fisherman. Fisherman was my first choice.....and I still want it in there.
But now the deck is REALLY tight.....show me some skill baby!

You could easily take out the Energy Retrieval. It's slower but it works all the same. I was just suggesting Energy Retrieval as you already have Flower Shop Lady and Trainers are easier to get out there.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
You could easily take out the Energy Retrieval. It's slower but it works all the same. I was just suggesting Energy Retrieval as you already have Flower Shop Lady and Trainers are easier to get out there.

dmaster out.

Good idea my good sir. I will check this in a minute and make the changes. I'm really liking where this deck is headed.
GONNA BE ONE HECK OF A DECK!!

Back