The Hunger Games - Catching Fire

I thought the first one was better. I loved it until they got to the poisonous fog. If you didn't read the books, chances were you were clueless with the wire craziness and it was just a little messy for my taste.

Serperior said:
I thought the first one was better. I loved it until they got to the poisonous fog. If you didn't read the books, chances were you were clueless with the wire craziness and it was just a little messy for my taste.

You might want to add "Spoiler" tags. I agree though, it's more of a "ok, what's next?" movie. A lot of movie franchises use 1 or 2 when making several movies.

I agree that Jena Malone was amazing (always is). I liked the movie, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting. The first was really good. That one crazy lady, tick-tock, always plays a crazy lady. Really good casting. I haven't read the books and don't plan to.

So, I'm confused. Who is Katniss interested in? From reading spoilers, I thought it was different than implied in the movie.

In the books, it's pretty clear at this point that Katniss isn't romantically interested in either Peeta *or* Gale. In fact, a lot of her internal monologue is about how she's too messed up to consider romance with anyone, that their feelings towards her just make her feel confused and frustrated, and that she never wants to get married because she's afraid of seeing her kids in the games. A lot of the romance in the movies is more contrived and pronounced than it is in the books, partially because it's hard to know what Katniss is feeling because the movies aren't directly her thoughts/POV like the books are, partially because romance and love triangles sell movies like hot cakes.

Also, I thought the wire scene worked better in the movie than it did in the books. It was kind of confusing to follow in the books, but seeing it on the screen made it click easier. At least, it did to me.

Back