The Holon engine; IS it absolutly required..?

jreeves

Burning Spade
Many people i've talked to lately say that The holon engine is the only thing holding up many decks that are currently at the top of our TCG game play. In my opinion, I highly disagree with that statment. Hopefully these possibly confusing words will shed some light on the covited, HOLON ENGINE.

As many will disagree, It's never necessary to have a holon engine in a deck, it only increases option...

If a deck would be spoken in terms of "must" in place of choice then I sappose a deck that is aweful without holon engine requires it. Though choice never changes...

C + M = N

C + M can't equal N so Holon engine is never required.

C meaning "Choice"
M meaning "Must"
N meaning "Never"

Need is the most common word to use when reffering the Holon engine. Though a deck doesn't need the holon engine to be any better than another deck.

The defenition of Need is:
"Require something in order to have success or achieve a goal"

Goal meaning Winning

No deck Requires the Holon engine to acheiver it's goal.

"No deck absolutly requires the HOLON ENGINE":

d + 0 = D

d + H = D

H = Holon engine

D = Deck

See how the holon engine doesn't change the final answer?

In this way it shows that no deck requires H, H meaning holon engine. H only changes the way it looks or appears. In other terms, a Holon engine only changes the way the deck works though it isn't required to get the final answer...

If you understand what I mean please let me know...

What I'm trying to explain to you is that the HOLON ENGINE is just a Variable. You can use it or not. It doesn't change much it only gives you more option over your cards meaning no deck either needs nor requires the holon engine in specific to obtain the final answer.

Answer being the complete deck.

I believe many of you will Disagree with my statement. But the holon engine isn't something that is required in a deck. It's something we choose to put in because it allows more option.

Any and all criticism is wanted, and i'm ready to send it all right back to which it came.

Agreement is appriciated....

Discuss..?

Jreeves

The Holon Engine is absolutely necessary in some decks. Look at Metanite, Delta, Flymence, or other δ decks. Thos simply will not run the same without the holon trainers.
For your main point, I agree that the Holon engine is not absolutely necessary, it is just necessary for the decks that are currently at the top.
Better put: there is nothing about the Holon engine that makes a deck a top deck, it is just that all the top decks need the Holon engine.

Whicker said:
The Holon Engine is absolutely necessary in some decks. Look at Metanite, Delta, Flymence, or other δ decks. Thos simply will not run the same without the holon trainers.
For your main point, I agree that the Holon engine is not absolutely necessary, it is just necessary for the decks that are currently at the top.
Better put: there is nothing about the Holon engine that makes a deck a top deck, it is just that all the top decks need the Holon engine.

No deck "needs", meaning requires, a Holon engine. They only use them to use increase productivity...

Wow. The EXACT same type of thread is on the 'gym. Hmmm.

Anyway it's pretty mandatory for some decks. I guess you don't NEED them, but for them to be competitive then yes they do need it.

Other decks do not need it, like several T2 decks.

So really, it's all up to the type of deck you're making.

Arcanine out.

jreeves said:
Whicker said:

No deck "needs", meaning requires, a Holon engine. They only use them to use increase productivity...

If that's the case, then your argument is really abusive. We can't win. No deck really "needs" anything by your definition.

Whicker said:
jreeves said:
Whicker said:

If that's the case, then your argument is really abusive. We can't win. No deck really "needs" anything by your definition.

Holon engine is the abusive thing<<<<<<<<<

Not alot of people used the Holon Engine when it was first available. And you still had decks that were competitive. The only thing I don't like about the Holon engine is that for every supporter you have to discard a card. Without pokemon retriever I really don't play the Holon cards that much.

Holon engine is absolutely necessary in decks that require complex setups, except for Delta of course.

The fact that a single holon transceiver gets everything you need from your deck makes those decks run faster, and speed is what is needed to win.

So what if someone plays Houndoom, Manectric ex, or Dragonite ex. The Trancievers wouldn't work. How would you get set up?

Basically he's saying in alot of decks it's not needed, but then again nothing is. You could run 4 dratini and 4 dragonite and all energies and it'd be a legal deck, and without the rare candy and dragonair you'd never win. You NEED some cards to make your deck better. Some cards you could easily change out a deck for.

PKM4 said:
So what if someone plays Houndoom, Manectric ex, or Dragonite ex. The Trancievers wouldn't work. How would you get set up?

So what if someone plays a water deck against your fire deck?! OH NO! I guess you better not play that deck, even if it did make you go 5-1, with its only loss to that darn water deck.

I dont think its required to make any deck, it can help alot. Personally i dont like all out holon engines. i play a really condensed holon engine just because the transcievers help me get some stuff and i use them lightly but have a bunch of other trainers so its just nice thing to have.

*I skimmed through the thread, so if something is said then deal with it :p *

Do certain decks NEED a certain card to work? Yea. Raieggs needs Raichu and Eggs. Metanite needs Metagross and Dragonite. So that rules out the whole NEED vs CHOICE issue :p

As for trainers, Metanite doesn't need the Holon Engine. It doesn't need Metal energies either. It doesn't need Rare Candy. How far do I have to go?

Holon Engine helps the deck, just like everything else. And, it is common sense to put it in. So you're saying that it isn't common sense to use the Holon Engine for that deck.

Now for a deck like Bandoom, no, it doesn't need Holon Engine. It doesn't benefit from it at all. So in that case, no, it doesn't need it.

M = Metanite
H = Holon Engine

M - H = Good luck getting a single win with it

M + H = Good luck getting into the Top Cut with it

See the difference? Holon Engine makes a difference. So it is a NEED in some decks. If you want to play them right, it is. :p

Holon Engine is a useful support in this season. Those Mentors, Lasses ans Farmers increases the chances to get whatever you need.

Yes, you need to discard a card in order to use these supportes but that's where rest of the cards designed for the game gets its chance to shine. I used Holon Engine with Power Tree, so I discarded an Energy card so I can later retrive it with my stadium.

P.S.: I know that my opponent could use my own stadium against me, but most player use spacial energy, so I have a tactical advantage.

Yes, there are so many cards running around, that if you don't like the holon engine, try making your own engine that works as well. What would you use? Scotts? The pint is that tanscievers are the lifeline of the deck, if there were more holon trainers, then everyone would be happier. More choices means more strategy.

Anyways, even non delta decks benefit from a sort of holon engine. Farmers to refresh your deck, ass to get all of your energies out, and mentors to dget all of your basics. Just because you can't draw 4 with adventurer, it is still useful. The main point is that it's consistent and organized.

Back