• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Hard Hitting Big Boys (Aegislash EX / M Metagross EX / Bronzong)

ZenHarboredZelphis

Aspiring Trainer
This is my first crack at building this deck took me a few hours to compile it together let me know if there might be anything to make it better!

Pokemon: 19
  • 3 Aegislash-EX, (PF, 65/119)
  • 3 Metagross-EX, (Promo XY34)
  • 3 M-Metagross-EX, (Promo XY35)
  • 3 Bronzor, (PF, 60/119)
  • 3 Bronzong, (PF, 61/119)
  • 2 Remoraid, (BT, 31/162)
  • 2 Octillery, (BT, 33/162)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Heavy Ball
  • 1 Professor’s Letter
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 2 Professor Birch’s Observations
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Steel Shelter
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Hard Charm
Energy: 12
  • 4 Shield Energy
  • 8 Metal Energy
Strategy:

Mostly you want to use 2x Bronzong to charge up your benched pokemon quicker and use 1 Octillery for draw support, M-Metagross is the main focus here with Aegislash as a back-up attacker, utilizing Hard Charm and Shield Energy to reduce incoming damage and lay out the smackdown to your opponents. :D

Float stone for either Aegislash or Bronzong in case of pesky Lysandres and Escape Ropes.

What about Heatran as a non-EX Pokemon attacker? In fact, Heatran could easily, IMO, replace the Aegislash EX - one should not assume it can not be KOd by an opponent whose attacking Pokemon has Special energy attached since Mighty Shield can be nullified with either Hex Maniac or Silent Lab...

Further, have you considered utilizing Zoroark (fantastic secondary attacker too) as another means of removing your Active Pokemon vs. Escape Rope?

Suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-3 Aegislash EX
-2 Escape Rope
-2 Heavy Ball - Ultra Ball are more effective, IMO
-1 Pokemon Center Lady - 1 should be sufficient
-1 Float Stone - 2 should be sufficient

+2 Heatran
+2 Zorua
+2 Zoroark
+2 Level Ball - helps get the Remoraid, Zorua and Bronzor out
+1 Ultra Ball or Trainer's Mail

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Last edited:
What about Heatran as a non-EX Pokemon attacker? In fact, Heatran could easily, IMO, replace the Aegislash EX - one should not assume it can not be KOd by an opponent whose attacking Pokemon has Special energy attached since Mighty Shield can be nullified with either Hex Maniac or Silent Lab...

Further, have you considered utilizing Zoroark (fantastic secondary attacker too) as another means of removing your Active Pokemon vs. Escape Rope?

Suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-3 Aegislash EX
-2 Escape Rope
-2 Heavy Ball - Ultra Ball are more effective, IMO
-1 Pokemon Center Lady - 1 should be sufficient
-1 Float Stone - 2 should be sufficient

+2 Heatran
+2 Zorua
+2 Zoroark
+2 Level Ball - helps get the Remoraid, Zorua and Bronzor out
+1 Ultra Ball or Trainer's Mail

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I appriciate the suggestions although I do enjoy Aegislash might keep him at one but the other suggestions sound pretty solid to me i may try them out and post my new deck list, thanks!

New list for the deck.

Pokemon: 23

1x Aegislash-EX, (PF, 65/119)

3x Metagross-EX, (Promo XY34)

3x M-Metagross-EX, (Promo XY35)

3x Bronzor, (PF, 60/119)

3x Bronzong, (PF, 61/119)

2x Heatran, (PF, 63/119)

2x Remoraid, (BT, 31/162)

2x Octillery, (BT, 33/162)

2x Zorua, (BT, 89/162)

2x Zoroark, (BT, 91/162)

Trainers: 25

1x Battle Compressor, (PF, 92/119)

2x Level Ball, (AO, 76/98)

1x Professor’s Letter, (XY, 123/146)

1x Sacred Ash, (FF, 96/106)

3x Ultra Ball, (FF, 99/106

3x VS Seeker, (PF, 109/119)

1x Lysandre, (FF, 104/106)

1x Pokemon Center Lady, (FF, 93/106)

2x Professor Birch’s Observations, (PC, 134/160)

2x Professor Sycamore, (PF, 101/119)

3x Steel Shelter, (PF, 105/119)

2x Float Stone, (BT, 137/162)

3x Hard Charm, (XY, 119/146)

Energy: 12

4x Shield Energy, (PC, 143/160)

8x Steel Energy

Strategy:

Mostly you want to use 2x Bronzong to charge up your benched pokemon quicker and use 1 Octillery for draw support, M-Metagross is the main focus here with Aegislash and Heatran as a back-up attackers, Zoroark for switching you damaged pokemon to the bench or in case of Lysandre and escape ropes, utilizing Hard Charm and Shield Energy to reduce incoming damage and lay out the smackdown to your opponents. :D. Float stone for free retreat on Zoroark mostly.

Could you please just change the deck list in the original post instead of posting a new list every time you update it? Thanks!

Back