The game is changing - is it getting out of hand?

i agree with Kalyst. The Yu-gi players at my local store make lots of noise, use lots of swear words and even make fun of us older poke players

Go blame the Yugi players. They're also poisoning the CFV community in most parts of the US. They're less jerks here in my country however.

People could run 6 Corners, but the effort needed to pull something off like that would be tremendous, not to mention the different types of energy needed for each Pokemon (Mewtwo EX, Virizion EX, Victini EX) is also a pain because you could always have dead draws. And now HTL and Klinklang are out...Benchtini seems like a simple counter to Klinklang but there's nothing really to stop HTL decks. Full Heal, Max Potion, etc. aren't even viable counters because by the time you're able to use them they're probably done for anyways. You're right, this metagame doesn't require skill like it used to do long ago...

God7Fish said:
Card Slinger J said:
The closest thing the current format has to penalizing EX Pokemon is Sigilyph with Safeguard, regular Basics on the other hand not so much...

Lugia Ex with full plasma energy can take 3 prizes each time it KO's a Ex, potentially ending the game in 2 attacks

^Energy acceleration. I don t see the "skills" in this.

And someone said that either Stage 2s dominate, either Basics dominate. That s false. During the SP times, there were all kind of SP decks (from the usual Luxchomp to Sablock), but also Gengar decks, Machomps etc. I remember a high variety of decks.

^And you can't forget Gyarados for a stage 1 deck, that deck was close to the best deck around.

Back then they some good rares. Even HGSS had a few like Vileplume. But so many BW rares are crap! Weavile might change that or get upgraded as a holo. :p

Back