Contest The Fakers' Marathon 3! Final Score: 493 points!

Pone

Delta Species is best species
The_Fakers_Marathon_3.png

How fast can this community make new cards? Some contests search for the prettiest card, some search for the most creative mechanics, others search for the most lifelike appearance, but sometimes you just want to take a break and make some easier cards for a while. Well this is the event for you.

Welcome back to third non-consecutive Fakers' Marathon! This a 7-day-long community event for the entire community in which we attempt to make the most cards we possible can in a single week. Anyone can participate here, whether you do text-based or image-based cards; whether your a veteran or a newcomer! All you need is be a member of PB or the Custom Card Discord Server.

How this Fakers' Marathon works:
  • To submit a card, post it to this thread or to the #showcase channel in the Custom Card Discord Server!
  • Our goal is to make as many cards as possible. Last year we amassed a staggering 238 points, but we can advance even on that with a little collaboration! This year we strive to smash that point goal! The way points are counted is down below.
  • If you're new to faking, check out the Help and Resources Thread to help get you started!
  • We'll accept any kind of card and there is no limit to how many times the same Pokémon can be used! Fakemon? Go for it! Custom template? Absolutely yes! Trainers? Energy? We'll accept those, too!
  • Anyone can participate! We accept text-based entries and image-based entries!
  • Artists are welcome and encouraged to collaborate with card makers for more cards!
  • The marathon begins immediately and ends on Thursday, December 31st at 11:59:59 PM PSD. To ensure each contest has the same time frame, we won't be able to accept cards posted after this time, so don't procrastinate!
  • Points are scored as follows:
    • Text-based - 1 point
    • Image-based - 3 points
    • Holosheet - +1 point
    • Gimmick (GX, Prism Star, Gold Star, LEGEND, etc.) - +2 points
      • +2 more points if you create a new gimmick
      • Using multiple gimmicks does not give you extra points
    • Texture - +2 points
    • Custom Blank - +1 point
    • Full Art - +1 point
    • Own Art - +3 points
Rules:
  • You must have permission from an artist before you use their artwork on your cards. They must also always be credited on the card itself. No exceptions. We have a list of artists who have granted blanket permissions to the community on our Discord Server. PidgiWiki is also a very good resource for finding high-quality official Pokémon artwork, which requires no permissions! And of course, you can always seek out other artists for permission or make your own artwork for this marathon.
  • All cards must be quality. This means correct fonts and placement, good balance for whatever format they're intended to fit with, a presentable appearance, and overall just something that doesn't look like it was cobbled together. The host reserves the right to reject any card if it does not meet this standard.
  • Card generators are not allowed, as it defeats the whole purpose of the marathon. Most are low-quality anyway.
  • All image-based cards must include the Fakers' Marathon 3 Official Set Logo on the card. It doesn't have to be the set logo (although that is recommended), but it has to be on the card.
  • All cards submitted to the marathon must be new. If they were created before this thread was posted then they are not allowed and won't be counted. Again, that defeats the whole purpose of this marathon.
  • You may not use the artwork of existing cards in the official TCG. Likewise, you may not copy all the text on a card and repost it with different artwork. Any cards caught doing this will be removed and the submitter will be docked 5 points. Don't bring us down.
FM3_v2_Medium.png

Deadline: Thursday, December 31st, 11:59pm PSD
Here's a countdown timer for your benefit: [link]

This marathon's banner and the set symbol were made by @CardPone

Official Card List
I forgot to reserve a post for the card list, so I'm just gonna add it to this one.

@Nyora

@KnightofDust
Ralts - 4 points
Necrozma - 7 points
Shiftry-GX - 9 points
Cacturne GX - 9 points​

@CardPone
Toy Mega Rayquaza ex - 9 points
Gym Leader Challenge! - 4 points
Lugia δ - 7 points​

@Falling Skies
Lopunny V - 3 points
Lopunny VMAX - 3 points
Mudkip - 1 point
Marshtomp - 1 point
Swampert - 1 point
Sceptile V - 3 points
Ralts - 1 point
Kirlia - 1 point
Gardevoir - 1 point
Gallade - 1 point
Wurmple - 1 point
Silcoon - 1 point
Cascoon - 1 point
Beautifly - 1 point
Dustox - 1 point
Purugly V - 3 points
Suicune - 4 points (shared with PMJ's Suicune entry)
Meowstic V - 3 points​

@47bennyg
Broken Time Space Splicers - 1 point
Bruno - 6 points
Battle Pike - 3 points
Battle Arena - 3 points
Battle Factory - 3 points
Battle Palace - 3 points​

@PMJ
Gossifleur & Eldegoss GX - 5 points
Mega Aerodactyl - 8 points
Mega Banette - 8 points
Mega Blaziken - 8 points
Mega Swampert - 8 points
Mega Altaria - 8 points
Mega Pidgeot - 8 points
Mega Gallade - 8 points
Mega Tyranitar - 8 points
Mega Manectric - 8 points
Mega Beedrill - 8 points
Mega Blastoise - 8 points
Mega Aggron - 8 points
Mega Gardevoir - 8 points
Mega Scizor - 8 points
Mega Lopunny - 8 points
Mega Metagross - 8 points
Mega Mawile - 8 points
Mega Kangaskhan - 8 points
Mega Lucario - 8 points
Mega Blaziken - 8 points
Suicune - 4 points (shared with Falling Skies' Suicune entry)
Mega Gardevoir - 8 points
Mega Charizard Y - 8 points
Mega Charizard X - 8 points
Mega Salamence - 8 points
Mega Rayquaza - 8 points
Mega Absol - 8 points
Mega Ampharos - 8 points
Mega Garchomp - 8 points
Mega Sceptile - 8 points​

@ggDerpyDerp
Absol EX - 8 points
M Absol EX - 8 points
Dratini & Dragonair GX - 7 points
Light Snorlax - 6 points
Dark Heracross - 6 points
Duskull δ - 6 points
Geodude δ - 6 points
Raichu δ - 6 points
Smeargle δ - 6 points
Ho-Oh - 6 points​

@Jabberwock
Pangoro EX - 6 points
Heatmor - 7 points
Butterfree - 7 points
Holon's Castform - 8 points​

@Nyan
Genesect GX - 7 points
Kabuto - 3 points
Kabutops GX - 6 points
Riolu - 3 points
Lucario GX - 6 points
M Lucario GX - 9 points​

Danny Cyanide
Wilde's Mew - 4 points
Wilde's Mewtwo - 4 points
Wilde's Gardevoir - 4 points​

@Nemes

@Vom
Xerneas & Yveltal GX - 3 points​

Last edited:
Mega Abomasnow VMAX HP 320 Water
VMAX - Evolves from Abomasnow V
(Mega Evolution)

/Ability/ ~ Mega Hailstorm
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, put 2 damage counters on each non-[W] Pokémon in play. Then, your turn ends.

[W][W][W][C] Frosty Bang 180+
Discard up to 2 [W] Energy from this Pokémon . For each Energy discarded in this way, choose 1:
- This attack does 30 more damage.
- This attack does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (You can choose the same Pokémon more than once.) (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

When your Pokémon VMAX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Weakness: Metal x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 4
Gigantamax Rapid Strike Urshifu & Barbaracle-GX HP 270 Water
Basic Pokémon
(TAG TEAM)

[W][W][W] Seven Strike 10
This Pokémon may attack up to 7 times this turn. (If a previous attack Knocks Out your opponent’s Active Pokémon, you may attack again after your opponent chooses a new Active Pokémon.)

[W][W][W]+ Rapid Flow Blow GX 150+
If this Pokémon has at least 3 extra Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack's cost), this attack does 100 more damage and you may do 250 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon instead of their Active Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass x2
Resistance: None
Retreat: 3

Last edited:
FM09_-_Toy_Mega_Rayquaza_ex.png

I picked out the artwork for this last year and then didn't have time to finish it, so here's it done with my new blanks.

The artwork comes from Pokémon Rumble World.
The background is by craftybrony.
The Omnium blank is by me.
The Holosheet is by aschefield101.

I don't know if I'll make any more Toy Pokémon. We'll see.

Last edited:
Lopunny V HP: 210 [C]
Basic
lopunny.png

Ability: Reactive Jump
During your opponent's turn, if this Pokémon is in the Active Spot, when your opponent retreats or switches their Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon, you may switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Reactive Jump Ability per turn.

[C][C] Sensitive Hearing
Look at a random card from your opponent's hand. You may search your deck for a card with the same name as that card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

V rule: When your Pokémon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Lopunny VMAX HP: 310 [C]
428.png
VMAX: Evolves from Lopunny V
DYNAMAX

lopunny.png

[C][C] Crush Kick 50+
You may discard up to 2 cards from your hand. This attack does 60 more damage for each card discarded. If you did not discard any cards from your hand, discard up to 2 energy from your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[C][C][C] Max Strike 200

Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance:

VMAX rule: When your Pokémon VMAX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

I would've liked Lopunny to search supertypes (Revealing a Pokemon searches Pokemon, for example) but I had zero clue how to word that without using the word supertype so I left it off. Such is life.

Last edited:
FM10_-_Gym_Leader_Challenge.png

Surprise! Supporter card! Some wording is probably wrong, but there really aren't many references for this stuff. I'll fix it if someone can find the correct wording.

Mudkip HP: 70 [W]
Basic
mudkip.png

NO. 258 Mud Fish Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 16.8 lbs.
[C] Mud Splatter
If your opponent's Active Pokémon tries to attack next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, that attack does nothing.

[C][C] Whirlpool Spin
Both players switch their Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon. Your opponent switches first.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance:

To alert it, the fin on its head senses the flow of water. It has the strength to heft boulders.

Marshtomp HP: 100 [F]
258.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Mudkip
marshtomp.png

NO. 259 Mud Fish Pokémon HT: 2'04" WT: 61.7 lbs.
[C] Mud Wall
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20.

[F][F] Ground Slide 40

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Living on muddy ground that provides poor footing has made its legs sturdy.

Swamper HP: 160 [F]
259.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Marshtomp
swampert.png

NO. 260 Mud Fish Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 180.6 lbs.
Ability: Storm Sensing
Once during your opponent's turn, when they attach an Energy card from their hand from their hand to 1 of their Pokémon, you may attach an Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon.

[F][C][C] Boulder Barrier 100
During your opponent's next turn, when this Pokémon would be damaged by an attack, you may discard up to 3 Energy from this Pokémon. That attack does 20 less damage for each Energy discarded in this way.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

It can swim while towing a large ship. It bashes down foes with a swing of its thick arms.

Broken Time-Space Splicers
Trainer — Item

Choose 1 of your evolved Pokémon in play. Move a Basic Pokémon that is attached to this Pokémon as a previous evolution to your Bench.

You may play any number of Item cards during your turn.

Spent way too long trying to get an image version of this working, but I basically had to make it from scratch and an artist I am not.

Sceptile V HP: 220 [G]
Basic
sceptile.png

[G] Revitalize
Put a Basic [G] Pokémon from your discard pile onto your Bench. If this Pokémon has at least 4 [G] Energy attached to it, you may choose an Evolved Pokémon instead.

[G][G][C] Peerless Slash 100
This attack's damage cannot be increased. If the defending Pokémon has a Rule Box (Pokémon V, Pokémon-GX, etc. have Rule Boxes) and is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, take 1 more Prize card.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:

V rule: When your Pokémon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

First (of many) entries for the marathon:

dTT4kQk.png

I wanted to make a Tag Team, so I did. There's not much to say about this card.

Now the coolest part:

obXlziJ.png

Okay, let's walk through this.

First thing you'll probably notice is that there are no multiprize indicators of any kind. That's right, these bad boys are worth one, count 'em one, Prize each.

Next thing you'll probably notice is that at first glance this looks like a regular-ass boring old Stage 2. And you're right, sort of. It is indeed a Stage 2, so it's subjected to bonuses or penalties that apply to Stage 2 Pokemon. But peep where it shows what this dude evolves from.

Sike it doesn't evolve.

While you are free to "put" a Mega "onto" the correct Pokemon no matter if it's Active or Benched, you are limited to only having 1 Mega Pokemon in play at a time. To make up for that, they're a bit strong. But still only worth one Prize. This has the extra added bonus of me being able to use Mega Evolved height and weight, because they do exist.

It's also worded that way to stop you from using Rare Candy to evolve Unidentified Fossil into Mega Aerodactyl (or any Basic into the Stage 2 Mega). The intent is to only be allowed to put the Mega onto some Pokemon to Mega Evolve it.

"But PMJ," I hear you ask, "What about Mega Pokemon for stuff like Blaziken and Swampert that are already Stage 2?"

That's a good question, and I just made them Stage 3. No really, you'll see what I mean.

Also, did anyone else know that a lot of Mega Evolution dex entries mention how bad Mega Evolution is for the Pokemon? It causes them a lot of stress and in some cases, like Aerodactyl, the changes are extremely painful. But everyone just goes on and on about how cool they look or whatever. It's now my headcanon that Mega Evolution harms every Pokemon subjected to it and there is now a large Pokemon rights group fighting to get the practice as a whole banned. Good stuff.

Anyway, the attacks and Abilities are a little strong since you are forced to fight with only one at a time. For Mega Aerodactyl specifically, the Ability is unique among counterattack Abilities in that it triggers from anywhere on the field, and it hits hard. Got a neat little Mega Evolution symbol in the center to look all snazzy and stuff.

There are plenty more megas where this came from. I'll post a few more later. Enjoy.

Ralts HP: 50 [P]
Basic
ralts.png

NO. 280 Feeling Pokémon HT: 1'04" WT: 14.6 lbs.
[C] Feeling Search
Search your deck for a Pokémon or Supporter card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Hostility Sense
Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] -30

It is highly attuned to the emotions of people and Pokémon. It hides if it senses hostility.

Kirlia HP: 80 [P]
280.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Ralts
kirlia.png

NO. 281 Emotional Pokémon HT: 2'07" WT: 44.5 lbs.
Ability: Beyond Link
Once during your turn, if you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent, you may put a Gardevoir or Gallade from your discard pile into your hand.

[C][C] Premonition
Look at your opponent's hand.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] -30

It has a psychic power that enabled it to distort the space around it and see into the future.

Gardevoir HP: 150 [P]
281.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Kirlia
gardevoir.png

NO. 262 Embrace Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 106.7 lbs.
Ability: Devotion
When 1 of your Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent's attack, if your opponent would take more prize cards with the effect of an attack, Ability, or Trainer card, you can discard this card from your hand. If you do, your opponent does not take more prize cards.

[P][C][C] Void Control 90
If you have more Prize Cards remaining than your opponent, your opponent shuffles their hand into their deck.

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance:

It has the power to predict the future. Its power peaks when it is protecting its Trainer.

Gallade HP: 160 [F]
281.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Kirlia
gallade.png

NO. 475 Blade Pokémon HT: 5'03" WT: 114.6 lbs.
Ability: Courtesy
When 1 of your opponent's Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack from 1 of your Pokémon, you may discard this card from your hand. If you do, you take 1 fewer Prize Card.

[F][C][C] Heroic Attack 100
If you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent and the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, add 1 card attached to that Pokémon to your opponent's Prize cards. If your opponent has 4 or more Prize cards remaining, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:

When trying to protect someone, it extends its elbows as if they were swords and fights savagely.

I couldn't help but wish the wording were "Additional prize card" instead of "more prize card", as Gardevoir's ability would've been a lot easier to communicate that way. I don't think these four as a deck would actually see real play, since there isn't a win condition here, but I liked the idea. And you can always put Gardevoir into other decks to stop ZADP from taking an extra prize when they boss's up your Dedenne, so that's something, I guess.

Well, considering that they made a REAL BRUNO CARD as I was making mine last night, I'm switching directions and I'm now going to do a bunch of cards revolving around a different theme... the Emerald Battle Frontier.

battle_pike_by_benjamingrove47_deb8iuz-pre.png

Should be a bunch of gimmicky stadiums, of which a couple might be useful but most won't, but idc it'll be fun. Emerald Battle Frontier is the height of Pokemon imo.

Last edited:
unknown.png
unknown.png
Omnium blanks by @CardPone
Snorlax art by Tanglecolors
Heracross art by EdoNovaIllustrator

Last edited:
Part 2

Z35c1ND.png

Mega Banette's existence is a sad one, but what isn't sad is these custom full art one-Prizer blanks. Taking out the rule box to make room for flavor text was an easy change I was glad to do and makes them reminiscient of BW era full arts.

Anyway, the card itself can cause problems for your opponent in quite a few ways. Its Cursed Ability means that it marches towards death every turn, but this also allows you to slowly lay waste to your opponent's field. You can leave it on the Bench and keep it safe while its curse spills out uncontrollably, or use its ping damage to augment its powerful attacks. Whether you're going all in with Item lock or making plays for huge, cheap damage with Sacrificial Slash, there are numerous ways to get mileage out of this card. And if at any point you or your opponent becomes frustrated with this card, maybe next time you'll realize this is only a fraction of the pain that Mega Banette feels as it is powerless to stop itself from cursing its own loved ones, you monster.

IbXXI3M.png

Stage 3. I think it turned out pretty all right. Look, I even remembered to add a third slashy thing on the little gray bars on the top since it's Stage 3!

Anyway, Mega Blaziken. Its body is so hot that it has to deliberately leak out the excess heat. It's said that the wrappings on its wrists are hiding horribly disfiguring scars. This superheating of Blaziken's body causes any inflicted burns to last forever, although your opponent does get a bit of reprieve on the Bench since they at least get to skip the Burn check. Like Mega Banette, you can leave him on the Bench or throw him up front to rain flames down in a unique effect that leaves not only your opponent's Active Pokemon Burned, but burns every Pokémon they bring up. After a KO? Burned. Retreat? Get burned, son. Switch effect? Burno number threeo. It's a highly oppressive card that'll leave your opponents looking for a reprieve, but if Mega Blaziken is forced to burn up its own body just to help some yahoo (spoiler: I mean you) win a Pokemans battle then maybe you should both just shut up and count your blessings, huh?

AVzYbe9.png

Here's a look at the Stage 3 normal blank. I always thought it was weird that Mega Swampert's fat ass has Swift Swim as an Ability, and now I have a chance to explain it using the headcanon that Mega Evolution is a horrible process for the Pokemon involved. Did you know that Mega Swampert, for some reason, has 10 more base Speed than regular Swampert? How do you explain that? Well, turns out it's because of Mega Evolution causing it to become hyper sensitive to water. So not only does it have freakish bulging muscles that it didn't have as a normal Swampert, but it has to somehow balance this newfound unnatural strength with being able to move at even more unnatural speeds. It's an embarrassing sight to see and you should feel ashamed.

This conflict is reflected in Mega Swampert's (the card's) abilities. Its Ability lets all your Pokemon attack for W less. This is no problem at all for Mega Swampert, who can get by without running any Water Energy at all; however, if you choose to go down this path, you are leaving it completely vulnerable to Ability lock. If you lose Aquatic Mastery, you run the risk of becoming dead weight and unable to attack at all. The attack is quite powerful, and Swampert loves you (or it wouldn't subject itself to this awful treatment), so maybe, just maybe, there's some merit in not relying on freakish new powers and just battling the old-fashioned way.

Anyway I hope I made you all feel awful for all the times you Mega Evolved your Pokemon in the past. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Part 2

Z35c1ND.png

Mega Banette's existence is a sad one, but what isn't sad is these custom full art one-Prizer blanks. Taking out the rule box to make room for flavor text was an easy change I was glad to do and makes them reminiscient of BW era full arts.

Anyway, the card itself can cause problems for your opponent in quite a few ways. Its Cursed Ability means that it marches towards death every turn, but this also allows you to slowly lay waste to your opponent's field. You can leave it on the Bench and keep it safe while its curse spills out uncontrollably, or use its ping damage to augment its powerful attacks. Whether you're going all in with Item lock or making plays for huge, cheap damage with Sacrificial Slash, there are numerous ways to get mileage out of this card. And if at any point you or your opponent becomes frustrated with this card, maybe next time you'll realize this is only a fraction of the pain that Mega Banette feels as it is powerless to stop itself from cursing its own loved ones, you monster.

k2qkBWb.png

Stage 3. I think it turned out pretty all right. Look, I even remembered to add a third slashy thing on the little gray bars on the top since it's Stage 3!

Anyway, Mega Blaziken. Its body is so hot that it has to deliberately leak out the excess heat. It's said that the wrappings on its wrists are hiding horribly disfiguring scars. This superheating of Blaziken's body causes any inflicted burns to last forever, although your opponent does get a bit of reprieve on the Bench since they at least get to skip the Burn check. Like Mega Banette, you can leave him on the Bench or throw him up front to rain flames down in a unique effect that leaves not only your opponent's Active Pokemon Burned, but burns every Pokémon they bring up. After a KO? Burned. Retreat? Get burned, son. Switch effect? Burno number threeo. It's a highly oppressive card that'll leave your opponents looking for a reprieve, but if Mega Blaziken is forced to burn up its own body just to help some yahoo (spoiler: I mean you) win a Pokemans battle then maybe you should both just shut up and count your blessings, huh?

AVzYbe9.png

Here's a look at the Stage 3 normal blank. I always thought it was weird that Mega Swampert's fat ass has Swift Swim as an Ability, and now I have a chance to explain it using the headcanon that Mega Evolution is a horrible process for the Pokemon involved. Did you know that Mega Swampert, for some reason, has 10 more base Speed than regular Swampert? How do you explain that? Well, turns out it's because of Mega Evolution causing it to become hyper sensitive to water. So not only does it have freakish bulging muscles that it didn't have as a normal Swampert, but it has to somehow balance this newfound unnatural strength with being able to move at even more unnatural speeds. It's an embarrassing sight to see and you should feel ashamed.

This conflict is reflected in Mega Swampert's (the card's) abilities. Its Ability lets all your Pokemon attack for W less. This is no problem at all for Mega Swampert, who can get by without running any Water Energy at all; however, if you choose to go down this path, you are leaving it completely vulnerable to Ability lock. If you lose Aquatic Mastery, you run the risk of becoming dead weight and unable to attack at all. The attack is quite powerful, and Swampert loves you (or it wouldn't subject itself to this awful treatment), so maybe, just maybe, there's some merit in not relying on freakish new powers and just battling the old-fashioned way.

Anyway I hope I made you all feel awful for all the times you Mega Evolved your Pokemon in the past. Enjoy!
This makes me realize that when people (including myself) say things like "Megas should stay!" "Megas were the best mechanic" "It'd be so cool to have more megas" we're essentially saying we want more pokemon to suffer :)

Back