The FAKE end of the world in 11-9-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

The ultimate soul silver fan

I am all-mighty and powerful
Yesterday while i was grocery shopping my brother told me that the world was going to end in 11-9-09! I checked and a magazine called the sun says that there are 7 signs to armageddon leading to 11-9-09. I didn't have time to look in the magazine but later when my brother got home he checked and there was nothing on the site about it and he checked ten times!

Things to discuss about:
Why do people do things like just predicting the end of the world out of nowhere?

It's one thing, and one thing only:

Fear sells.

But really, the Sun has tried to predict the end of the world/other bad things. 11/9/05 Terrorist Attack? Didn't happen. End of the world on 9/11/06? What a joke. 9/11/07? lol. Armageddon begins this August? I doubt this happened either. And I think 9/11/09 has past, and I'm still alive. Notice how all of these are somehow related to 9/11...(11/9 is just 9/11 reversed)

Fear sells. That's all there is to it. They usually have random junk outside of these "prophecies", just proving this.

Because people are stupid and will buy it.

BTW, blue... please fix the spelling in your sig.

I think you meant "now" not "know". ;) Saying that they have know been retired doesn't make any sense. :p

Because this is how the avarage human works. Believing things blindly without having any evidence for it. (No, you can't deny it, it's true). So telling this is of course because the teller makes profit of it somehow in a way. Especially when people are in fear, they look like zombies, you can tell them everything and let them easily do what you want if you promise they will be fine then, even though that's not true.

So people, think twice before you act. And don't believe anything blindly, and even think about it if the ''evidence'' they give you is true evidence.

Lol, the world was supposed to end so many times. Like in 2007, we were all supposed to die some time in March. But as Blue Thunder said, fear does sell.

However I have to disagree with the name of this thread. You should change it in ''the fake prediction'' then. Although it's highly impossible, but there's a change the world will be destroyed on 11-09-'09 (Actually the world will end in 11-09-'09 probably, only we won't notice it, but I'm not going further in this.)

The ultimate soul silver fan said:
I don't get it pokequaza and anyways I don't know how to change the thread name because the rules thread won't work for some reason.
oh well... then just leave it like this, I meant you couldn't just say that the world ending on 11-09-'09 is fake, because there is always a possibility, however it's very unlikely and I think we can say we survive that day, but it's like every day, every day can be the last one.

Hey guys remember the time the world ended on new years day, year 2000?

oh wait

These rumors always crop up, and (evidently) are always wrong. Blue Thunder pretty much summed up anything else I would say.

It isn't a myth, neither it's the truth. A myth involves activities of gods (, half gods) and heroes with the purpose to explain a natural phenomenon. And the Mayans didn't predict an end, please do some good research next time. The thread title doesn't make sense at all in first place.

It's the religious groups trying to convert you to their faith by preaching that the end is nigh, and the only way to salvation is to surrender your soul to deity X or deity Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back