Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

RedGyarados

Aspiring Trainer
Does BREAK cards considered as ultra rare? What are the pull rates for rare holo
And ultra rare for Breakthrough? I'm thinking of buying my first booster box ever lol. Thanks in advance

TrainerMa'am

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
hi all, I am not sure how this occurred prior to the release, but here is a link to a video of 6 Breakpoint booster boxes being opened on YouTube.

So I watched the first box being opened and it had 9 Ultra Rares - 3 Break Cards and 6 Ex cards...

Interestingly, there with 2 packs each with a Break card and Ex card.

Not a bad pull rate I think!

I really like the artwork too!

Last edited:

InnocentPossumPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
I recently set up this Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJXtN81AcCgUAeMYfX5atfg
to showcase my pulls as well as some Pokemon TCG Online videos. I would love it if you could all check out the video of my BREAKPoint booster box:
If it's not to your taste, then fair enough, all I ask is to be given a chance. I am not sure how to get more people aware of my new channel without posting to public forums like these, so if this is inappropriate, I apologise.
Thank you for your time!

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
My boosterbox contained:
- I just mention the (ultra) rare cards
- All common & uncommon (only 1 fighting fury belt and 1 Splash Energy)
- 2 full art, 4 ex (1 Mega), 3 Break

Meganium (holo)
Lilligant (rare & reverse)
Gyarados ex
M Gyarados ex

Golduck
Suicune (holo)
Seismitoad
Greninja
Luxray
Luxray Break
Zebstrika
Hypno
Drapion
Meowstic
Aegislash (holo)
Trevenant
Trevenant Break
Garchomp (holo)
Shiftry (rare & reverse)
Darkrai ex
Pangoro (rare & reverse)
Ferrotorn (rare & reverse)
Clefable
Dradalge (holo) 2x
Raticate
Raticate Break
Ho-oh Ex
M Gyarados Ex (full Art)
Darkrai ex (Full Art

Reverse trainers
All-Night Party
Bursting Balloon
Delinquent
Great Ball
Gyarados Spirit Link
Max Elixer
Professor Sycamore

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Breakpoint:
5 Holo (Meganium, Slowking, Garbodor, Garchomp, Dragalge)
3 Regular EX (Togekiss, Manaphy and Mega Scizor)
3 Full Arts (Gyarados, Espeon, Scizor)

2 BREAK (Trevenant and Raticate)

One of the rare boxes out of the last five years of me buying a box for each new set where I got a "boom" box rather than "bust" one. Although I still didn't get the usual 12 premium cards in this box (Breaks don't count toward that because they're in the reverse holo slot), 3 full arts MORE than makes up for that...

PoketuberSilver

Aspiring Trainer
Breakpoint Booster Box:
6 Holos (Meganium, Garbodor, Suicune, Dragalge, Aegislash, Garchomp)
3 Regular EX (Togekiss, Darkrai, Emboar)
2 Full Arts (Espeon, Ho-Oh)
1 Secret Rare (Gyarados EX)
2 BREAK (Raticate, Trevenant)

Very, very pleased with the pull rates in Breakpoint so far! Not enough holo variety in this set though

Loki6793

Aspiring Trainer
What's the best Booster Box? I was thinking about getting Roaring Skies but I want an opinion on pull rates for it.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Breakpoint booster box

Gyarados FA SR (123)
Gyarados FA (114)
M Gyarados FA (115)
Gyarados Ex (26)
M Gyarados Ex (27)
M Scizor Ex (77)
3 Break cards (Raticate, Trevenant, Luxray)
7 Holos (Meganium x2, Garchomp, Slowking, Garbodor, Dragalge, Aegislash)

Wasn't expecting to get all 5 Gyarados in one box. Also not sure if anyone noticed but it seems all holos, exs and full arts come with the old code card design and all non holo rares and break cards come with the new code card design. Haven't seen anyone pull a break and ex/full art in the same pack from Breakpoint yet so I don't know about those but assume they'd have the old code cards.

Also my last 5 packs on the left side went like this M Gyarados FA, holo, M Gyarados Ex, break and holo, back to back to back.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Wasn't expecting to get all 5 Gyarados in one box. Also not sure if anyone noticed but it seems all holos, exs and full arts come with the old code card design and all non holo rares and break cards come with the new code card design. Haven't seen anyone pull a break and ex/full art in the same pack from Breakpoint yet so I don't know about those but assume they'd have the old code cards.

We don't know for sure, but it's believed that that may be an effort to counteract pack weighing. There was a bit of discussion about it here.

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
Pre-ordered a case of Fates Collide, anyone know about the pull rates for a sealed case?
Haven't bought a whole case, but I'm excited for it!
Every time I buy a single box mine usually is the one with 1 FA or none :/
Thanks! :)

gamesgaryjp

Aspiring Trainer
Opened a Fates Collide booster box today, got:

SR ALAKAZAM EX
FA ALAKAZAM EX
FA MEGA ALAKAZAM EX
MEGA ALAKAZAM EX
ZYGARDE EX
REGIROCK EX
ALTARIA EX

DELPHOX BREAK
LUGIA BREAK

HOLO WHITE KYUREM
HOLO TYRANITAR
HOLO DELPHOX
HOLO LUCARIO

Very happy with this box, was extremely disappointed with my last box opening of Furious Fists last week with only 3 regular Ex's and a FA trainer card! This is a return to form :)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Opened my Fates Collide booster box! Notable Pulls:

Glaceon EX
Alakazam EX
Umbreon EX
Diancie EX
M Audino EX
M Altaria EX FA
M Alakazam FA
Delphox BREAK
Omastar BREAK
Carbink BREAK
5 holos

When I went through the set list to see which holos I was missing and if I had any holos as RHs perhaps, I was stunned to see that there were only 5 holos in the whole set (Zygarde and Lugia had both gotten downgraded to non-holo rares for the English set), so I guess I got them all. No wonder the EX/M/BREAK pull rates were so good!

I picked up a few more EXes and another FA in my ETB and pin blister earlier as well, so overall I'm pretty happy with my haul this set. Sure, my box wasn't as super amazing as some of the others that I've seen, but it's a hell of a lot better than my last English box (4 EXes and 0 FAs in PCL), so I feel more or less confident about buying future boxes for sets that I like a lot, even if I prefer English cards overall.

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
My four booster boxes I have opened

Roaring Skies
Thunderus
Latios
Rayquaza (Dragon)
Rayquaza FA (Normal)
Hydreigon FA
M Gallade
Gold VS Seeker

Hopped for mega Ray, but was happy.

Breakthrough
Houndoom
Mewtwo (Shatter Shot)
Houndoom FA
M Glalie FA
Rare Hidden Mewtwo (red background)
Chesnaught BREAK
Raichu BREAK
Zoroark BREAK (awesome)
2 Octillery

Amazing!

Ancient Orgins
Giratina
M Sceptile
M Ampharos
M Ampharos FA

Packs like 7-25 had no EX. Always will have a dislike for Ancient Orgins.
Got so many duplicate rare. At least 3 of the bad Vespiqueen.

Fates Collide
Alakazam
Zygarde
Glaceon
Diancie
M Alakazam
M Altaria FA
Carbink BREAK
Bronzong BREAK
Glad to get 4 Strong Energy.

Only one N total, at the very end. Really wished for the Rare Hidden, because its amazing looking.
Great pulls total, put 1 full art.

1 box on average from my 4.
Almost 2 mega per box
0-1 Secret Rare
2-3 BREAK
1-2 FA (I get more in single packs)
5 EX total, of different rarities.

This is not where you post single pack pulls, but I in general, get better stuff from single packs.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Today I opened a second Fates Collide box, my boxes seem to have a common theme. In the first box all the full arts were poorly miscut, in this one they are poorly faded as though they were at the end of the ink roller just before it was changed, maybe a bit too late.

Anyways I got average pulls, unfortunately I got mostly duplicates, I even got 36 duplicate reverses....

Last non holo rare I needed, Snorlax
M Alakazam FA
Kingdra FA (This is my 4th Kingdra FA, I had one in my Japanese box and 2 in my M Alakazam elite trainer box previously, yes 2 in one box)
Alakazam Ex
M Alakazam Ex (Did need this one)
Kingdra Ex (Did need this one, Yup pulled 3 full arts before the regular)
Diancie Ex
Altaria Ex
5 Holos
Delphox and Bronzong Break

I "only" need 4 full arts, Gold Alakazam, Umbreon, Glaceon and Alakazam, 4 Exs Regirock, Audino, Glaceon and M Altaria and 1 Break Omastar. As well as 34 reverses. Probably won't bother with a 3rd box.