The Energy You Approximately Use In A Deck

How many energy do you use in a deck on average?

• 14 or less

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 15 - 17

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • 18 - 20

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 21 or more

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsune_the_Demon

Demonic Trainer
Ok, I've created this thread out of curiosity and I would like to know how much energy you like to use in your decks, because I've seen a lot of people in Deck Garage using either (in my opinion) too much energy or not enough energy.

My Opinion
I admit, I may use too much energy, but to me, I much rather be able to attach an energy every turn, and not have the worry, of not having enough energy. As an average for my decks, I'd say I run roughly 19 - 21 energy. Now I've seen plenty of people here saying that 20 energy is too much, or even 18 energy is too much, but I must respectfully disagree. The main part of Pokemon is being able to attack (for most decks) and in order to attack, it costs energy (as long as we're not talking about Diamond and Pearl). There's a few Pokemon that can get by with no energy like DF Snorlax for example, but more than likely, you'll need the energy to deal with your opponent. I would much rather have as many options available in my turn of the game, rather than be stuck with only a couple and part of that is having your deck balanced. So to me, I'd say you need 1/3 of each type of main card (energy/pokemon/trainer) for the deck. Of course there's many decks that don't need to follow that rule, but I'm talking in general. Considering that most trainer cards players are running are supporters, which can only be played once per turn, much like energy, restricts your amount of options. So I find it easier to use more normal trainer cards, and use more Pokemon to get around the fact that you can only attach 1 energy per turn.

Of course, I realize that a lot of decks don't have a need to follow my 1/3 of each card opinion. I guess most of the time it just depends on the type of deck you're running. Either way, I still would like to know the energy you use on average with your decks. Thanks in advance, for all those who managed to reply and put in their opinion.

I used to use 20 Trainers, 20 Pokemon, and 20 energy. I had no strategy or anything. It's not a good idea believe me :)

if u find that u always need enrgy and don't have enough deck space then perhaps consider reducing ur lines if u have 3-5 of them or u could take out about 4-6 basic energey and replace w/ boost/scramble/DRE or energy supplying trainers such as holon lass, lady outing or Mr. Stone's project Other reasons could be that all of ur evolutions have atks that take 3-4 enegeys to attack or r different types. usually i go w/ 16 and 2 holon lasses.

I run between 16-22 energies....it all depends on what deck ur going to build!

Do Holon Pokemon count as energies? If so, I vote 15-17. If they don't, then I probably would use around 12-13. Each deck is different, however. Some need as many as 15 energies plus Holon Pokes. It is just ridiculous to use any more than that. Being stuck with too many energies in your hand is the worst thing that can happen. Most of the time, if you are running around 20 energies, you are better off just taking about 5 of them and replacing them all with draw cards. The extra draw will make up for the fewer energy cards.

I usually use about 15 energies, not including pokemon like Holon's Castform/Electrode/Magneton. It depends on the deck, I have ran as little as 12 energies in a deck before.

I have 18 in one deck and 21 in another. I'm short on draw cards on my second deck. I think the energy is relative to the pokes u play though.

Whicker said:
Do Holon Pokemon count as energies? If so, I vote 15-17. If they don't, then I probably would use around 12-13. Each deck is different, however. Some need as many as 15 energies plus Holon Pokes. It is just ridiculous to use any more than that. Being stuck with too many energies in your hand is the worst thing that can happen. Most of the time, if you are running around 20 energies, you are better off just taking about 5 of them and replacing them all with draw cards. The extra draw will make up for the fewer energy cards.
Unless you're playing T2 H. Magneton Madness (2nd best deck out there :p), then yes since noone uses them as attacking Pokemon.

And as I said earlier (I think), every deck should run at 13-15. That's really all you will ever need IMO.

Arcanine out.

My deck uses 15-17 energy cards......But it also depends if the pokemon in the deck has attacks like"discard an energy card"if its like that,you have to put more.Also some Holon's magneton......etc....its up to you

Well, I used only 10 energies in my deck, scramble, DRE and metal. Btw, I have h magnemite and castform that can act as energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back