• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (Empoleon/Dusknoir)

Super__Sonic

RANCH!
*Star Wars intro credits theme plays*

Welcome to the Empire Strikes Back!

Pokemon
  • 4-1-4 Empoleon (Diving Draw)
  • 2-2 Dusknoir
  • 1 Keldeo EX
  • 2 Landorus EX
  • 2 Suicune PBL
Trainers
  • 2 Colress
  • 3 N
  • 4 Skyla
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 2 Caitlin
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 1 Computer Search
Energy
  • 6 Water
  • 4 WFLM Blend
  • 3 Fighting
Strategy

Get Empoleon for draw power and attacking along with Keldeo as a tank. Dusknoir spreading damage for knockouts. Early game is Landorus

Idk if you want lugia. 4 colress machines and 4 plasma seems like alot for just 2 kyurems though. I would probably go with a Suicune instead of Lugia. Since your weaknesses are pretty spread out you dont have to worry too much about using basically a mono water deck with dusknoirs. That and this deck needs max potions, since your main attacker only uses one energy. Also scramble switch might be the wrong ace spec for you. Granted its a good card. Though your main attacker is only 1 energy user.

Idk its up to you.

here are my suggestions, feel free to use as many or as few as you like.

-1 Lugia EX (requires to much energy to be effective)
-2 Kyurem PF Empoleon does just fine for heavy hitting)
-2 Ghetsis (not that great there are better draw/support)
-1 Scramble Switch (there are better ACE SPEC's see below)
-4 Colress Machine (Not needed, all your main attackers use 1 energy and its water energy)
-3 DCE (not needed if you don't have Lugia)
-4 Plasma (same as above)

+1 eggsacute PLB (Personal preference, but being able to return to your hand multiple times a turn for DD is great)
+2 Landorus EX (great counter to weakness, plus fits with the fast low energy attack method and helps with spread for Dusknoir)
+3 Max potion (Again 1 energy attackers, amazing card.)
+2 Level ball (great for getting 2-3 Piplups/Duskull on the bench T1)
+1 Comp Search/Dowsing Machine (its really preference, both are great cards as you can either get that essential peice of your combo with Comp Search or you can get that extra Catcher/Max potion/Rare Candy back from your Discard)
+2 Prof. Juniper/Caitlyn (Mostly preference, Juniper is a better for raw draw power, but an argument can be made for caitlyn allowing you to put those unneeded Rare candy/ACE SPEC back in your deck for later while allowing you to get new cards.)
+2 Silver Bangle (Good for hitting oh so commen EX's)
+2 Silver Mirror (Good against the popular plasma)
+1 Water Energy (with only 5 water you will have consistency issues)
+4 Blend Energy WLFM (helps with the above consistency plus allows you to tech in Landorus EX/other fighting techs)

im all for the use of exeggcute. But the problem is that if its ever your starting pokemon with no bench. You are pretty screwed. And it has happened to me before and its just an instant loss.

Ivy_Profen said:
im all for the use of exeggcute. But the problem is that if its ever your starting Pokemon with no bench. You are pretty screwed. And it has happened to me before and its just an instant loss.

the odds are very slim that it is your only basic Pokemon in hand. but yeah, it does suck when it does happen. :p guess that's the downside of running techs. :)

Hmm. Interesting suggestions. My friend made this for me and its great to get feedback. As I'm just getting back into the swing of things, how fast does an Empire deck set up?

Also. For Landorus, is it worth loosing the extra prize over? The argument my friend made is that Kyurem is one Prize, rather than two and it has early game pressure. I like the other suggestions.

Super__Sonic said:
Hmm. Interesting suggestions. My friend made this for me and its great to get feedback. As I'm just getting back into the swing of things, how fast does an Empire deck set up?

Also. For Landorus, is it worth loosing the extra prize over? The argument my friend made is that Kyurem is one Prize, rather than two and it has early game pressure. I like the other suggestions.

the build I use (designed for the most consistency possible) can usually get Empoleon set up T2, and usually more then 1. otherwise the odds are about the same as every other Stage 2 deck, figuring you have 4-4 of the main Pokemon line, 4 rare candies and say 4 Skyla to search out the last piece of your evaluation I believe the math comes out to like 52.78% of getting a stage 2 turn 2? not great odds but you add in Supporters that draw cards/search cards plus everything else its pretty good odds. (I'm terrible at math so don't quote my % but I think its close)

As for Lando EX, its really up to you if you think the 2 prizes are worth it, since all your other main Pokemon are only 1 its useful for the spread it offers T1 and unlike Kyurum Landorus EX covers/counters your annoying weakness (Mainly Thunderus EX) as well as one of the more popular decks Darkrai. I personally like Landorus EX like I said because doing 30/30 bench for the first few turns and then moving damage to get precise KO's with Empoleon is very fun and IMHO competitive.

hope this helps :)

are there any electric pokemon to even worry about anymore? with the loss of the eels, i feel most electric decks are not viable now. I guess aside from thundurus.

Ivy_Profen said:
are there any electric pokemon to even worry about anymore? with the loss of the eels, i feel most electric decks are not viable now. I guess aside from thundurus.

Thunderus EX I think will still see a lot of play, but Landorus is also excellent for the Darkrai Match up. being able to OHKO the opponents main Pokemon is always worth it.

EDIT: But you bring up a good point, with almost no electric decks being very viable anymore (Less some epic rogue deck) Empire is becoming a LOT more viable as a top tier contender. giving its potential to do 120+ for 1 energy and still having high enough HP that any deck will have to stretch to make that OHKO I think It could make it very far into a tournament or even win a regionals/cities with a good player/build.

Also with the removal of most viable electric decks it could open the doors to a more "Offensive" style or Empoleon deck. I have a discussion about this in the Meta-game deck discussion under Empoleon Variants if you wanna discuss that further.

Back