Votes: 1 10.0%
  • David Tennant

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Matt Smith

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heavenly Spoon said:
1) Yes, the Doctor did have a granddaughter, Susan Foreman, but she's only mentioned very irregularly these days. I would've loved to find out what became of her after the Time War, but it was evidently not deemed important enough to mention. It's only the 50th Anniversary, nothing important, surely there are other, far better moments to look back on the 50 preceding years and tie up some loose ends.

You got a point however doesn't she make an appearance in the recent Doctor Who Docudrama called "An Adventure in Space and Time" with David Bradley as William Hartnell? Matt Smith's Doctor also made a cameo in the Docudrama. At the end of the Docudrama when William Hartnell tells his wife Heather "I don't want to go", it also made me think back of those words that David Tennant's Doctor said right before he regenerated into Matt Smith's Doctor in the Doctor Who Special "The End of Time" which was Tennant's way of paying tribute to Hartnell similar to how Matt Smith did in "An Adventure in Space and Time".

Heavenly Spoon said:
2) John Hurt regenerated from the 8th doctor and regenerates into the 9th Doctor, not the first, and Nine had a sonic screwdriver from the start. William Hartnell himself used a sonic screwdriver as well on several occasions, I'm not sure where you got your information...

Heck, I even have a replica of Tom Baker's (#4) sonic screwdriver on my desk right now. They've existed long before the revived series.

Sorry I was misinformed about the origin of the Doctor's sonic screwdriver having first getting into the Doctor Who franchise with David Tennant's Doctor in the middle of his time on the show before he regenerated into Matt Smith's Doctor. It makes sense that John Hurt's Doctor would regenerate into Christopher Eccleston's Doctor because of the iconic leather jacket he's wearing which is the first time the Doctor never changes his clothes until he regenerates into David Tennant's Doctor. I thought the Time War in Gallifrey happened before the events of the very 1st season of Doctor Who in 1963, turns out I may be wrong on that. I do remember hearing that there was lost footage and scripts of the old Doctor Who series which might have been scrapped due to the series not getting enough publicity at the time.

Card Slinger J said:
I do remember hearing that there was lost footage and scripts of the old Doctor Who series which might have been scrapped due to the series not getting enough publicity at the time.

The Lost Episodes weren't scrapped, the BBC disposed of their archive copies during the 70s and 80s. Some of the episodes were quite popular, but the BBC had to make space for other things.

According from a rumor I heard over the Internet (you can take it with a grain of salt If you'd like) is that the Lost Episodes of the 1st and 2nd Doctor's Adventures were found in Ethiopia where BBC is trying to buy back the rights of the episodes from that country.

So... How many of you are hyped for the Christmas Special? I personally am, but also a bit sad. Matt Smith is one of my favorite Doctors, if not my favorite, and... AND I WILL NEVEER LET YOU GOOOO

A very bad Zedd-related joke. I apologize.

The bright side is, I'm really looking forward to seeing Capaldi as the Doctor. I'm sure he'll make a fantastic 12th Doctor!

I thought Matt Smith was a decent Doctor although it took some time for his character to grow on me compared to David Tennant's Doctor who was very charismatic, quirky, and energetic for his time in the series. Matt Smith's Doctor as he pointed out is more of a mix between an element of professor and an element of adventurer which blended quite well in terms of his personality although he seemed more relaxed, deep in thought, and not as energetic as Tennant's Doctor was.

For some strange reason Matt Smith's Doctor to me anyway felt like it was targeted to a much younger demographic of Doctor Who fans compared to the older demographic with David Tennant, Christopher Eccleston, and their predecessors beforehand. Some of my other favorite Doctors happen to be Jon Pertwee since he was the only Doctor to use martial arts and Tom Baker who like David Tennant had that charisma, quirkiness, and energy going for him that made him very likeable.

Well now's a good time to bring this thread back since Series 8 is set to premiere on August 23rd. Oddly enough most Whovians refer to Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor when he's really the 13th Doctor since John Hurt is the 9th Doctor instead of Christopher Eccleston, If you've watched the 50th Anniversary Special when all the incarnations of the Doctor join forces they actually refer to Capaldi as "number 13" meaning that he is the 13th Doctor.

One of the new Series 8 trailers confirms the return of Davros the creator of the Daleks when he's speaking to the Doctor even though his fate wasn't officially confirmed in Journey's End although when the 11th Doctor (David Tennant) offered to save Davros he declined saying that he was the destroyer of worlds. Speculation suggests that Davros used the Medusa Cascade in order to survive and reach out to the 13th Doctor (Peter Capaldi) during the most recent Series 8 trailer.

Card Slinger J said:
Well now's a good time to bring this thread back since Series 8 is set to premiere on August 23rd. Oddly enough most Whovians refer to Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor when he's really the 13th Doctor since John Hurt is the 9th Doctor instead of Christopher Eccleston, If you've watched the 50th Anniversary Special when all the incarnations of the Doctor join forces they actually refer to Capaldi as "number 13" meaning that he is the 13th Doctor.

One of the new Series 8 trailers confirms the return of Davros the creator of the Daleks when he's speaking to the Doctor even though his fate wasn't officially confirmed in Journey's End although when the 11th Doctor (David Tennant) offered to save Davros he declined saying that he was the destroyer of worlds. Speculation suggests that Davros used the Medusa Cascade in order to survive and reach out to the 13th Doctor (Peter Capaldi) during the most recent Series 8 trailer.

BIG SPOILER, DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED:

Actually, that Davros-esque voice isn't Davros, it's a Dalek which has been infected with a virus and is now good. (I read the scripts of the first 2 episodes)

Back