The Dastardly Deadly Danger Duck of Doom and Destruction (OU)

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
Because alliteration is cool

Introduction
I've had an affinity for underrated Pokemon for a while now. This team showcases a good example of a Pokemon that deserves to be used more than it is. That Pokemon's name is Porygon2. Combine excellent Defenses with Eviolite, a nice base 105 Special Attack, and a fun ability in Trace and you have Porygon2.

Team-Building Process

[animate]233[/animate]
I started off with the star of the show, Porygon2.
[animate]233[/animate][animate]286[/animate]
Next, Breloom was added to stop Sciztom, check bulky Waters, and absorb status.
[animate]233[/animate][animate]286[/animate][animate]080[/animate]
Then, Slowbro was added to be a Physical wall
[animate]233[/animate][animate]286[/animate][animate]080[/animate][animate]385[/animate]
Since I have a Physical wall, I need a Special wall, too. That's where Jirachi comes in.
[animate]233[/animate][animate]286[/animate][animate]080[/animate][animate]385[/animate][animate]149[/animate]
Next, Dragonite was added to check common Sun Pokemon.
[animate]233[/animate][animate]286[/animate][animate]080[/animate][animate]385[/animate][animate]149[/animate][animate]392[/animate]
Then, I decided on Infernape to set up SR, scout, and stall-break.
[animate]233[/animate][animate]286[/animate][animate]080[/animate][animate]385[/animate][animate]373[/animate][animate]232[/animate]
Later, I was made aware of how hazards could be a problem, so I needed to add a spinner. Infernape was the most replacable Pokemon on my team, so Donphan was added to not only spin, but set up SR and check Toxicroak. However, I was missing a stall-breaker, so I switched Dragonite for Salamence.
The Team
232Donphan_Dream.png

Donphan (M)
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
RockIC_Big.png
Stealth Rock
NormalIC_Big.png
Rapid Spin
GroundIC_Big.png
Earthquake
PoisonIC_Big.png
Toxic
Donphan does little besides Spin and set up SR. The only other thing he contributes is checking Toxicroak. Toxic is here to nail common bulky Water switch-ins, especially Jellicent. Plus, Ice Shard is depressingly weak. I ran Infernape before, but it was pointed out to me how much my team would appreciate Spin support, so that's why Donphan is here. I could've run a different spinner, such as Starmie, but then I'd have 2 Water/Psychics on my team, and the only other place I could fit SR on would be Jirachi, and all of his moves are important to me. His Water, Ice, and Grass weaknesses are covered by Salamence, Slowbro, Jirachi, and Breloom.
286Breloom_Dream.png

Breloom (M)
Bag_Toxic_Orb_Sprite.png

Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
GrassIC_Big.png
Spore
FightingIC_Big.png
Bulk Up
FightingIC_Big.png
Drain Punch
GrassIC_Big.png
Seed Bomb
Breloom is here primarily to check the Sciztom teams that are even more annoying than they are common. Prepare to be hit with a Spore, essentially eliminating a Pokemon due to the new Sleep mechanics. Have fun dealing with Breloom after a Bulk Up boost, too. Since Porygon2 is Trick-bait, Breloom is amazing at punishing my opponent by letting them have his Toxic Orb. Breloom's other job is to check bulky Waters, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, etc. Not only can he be a dangerous sweeper, but he also provides valuable status absorbing and sleep spreading support. His Fire, Flying, Psychic, Poison, and Ice are covered by Slowbro, Jirachi, Salamence, and Donphan.
373Salamence_Dream.png

Salamence (M)
Bag_Lum_Berry_Sprite.png

Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
DragonIC_Big.png
Dragon Dance
DragonIC_Big.png
Dragon Claw
FireIC_Big.png
Fire Blast
GroundIC_Big.png
Earthquake
Salamence is my main check to Sun teams and Breloom. I wanted something to not only do this, but destroy the annoying Skarmbliss/Blisscor cores, so Salamence was perfect for the job. I have Dragon Claw over Outrage to be able to switch between moves, allowing me to stall-break better. Fire Blast is for Skarmory, Gliscor, Ferrothorn, etc. EQ is to round finish off my coverage and OHKO Heatran and Ninetales. Lum Berry is to save sweeps. I originally ran Dragonite to check Sun teams, but since I needed a Spinner, I ended up replacing my stall-breaker, Infernape, and this Salamence set seemed like the best option to me. His Ice, Rock, and Dragon weaknesses are covered by Donphan, Breloom, Jirachi, and Slowbro.
233Porygon2_Dream.png

Porygon2
Bag_Eviolite_Sprite.png

Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
ElectricIC_Big.png
Thunderbolt
IceIC_Big.png
Ice Beam
ElectricIC_Big.png
Thunder Wave
NormalIC_Big.png
Recover
Now we've reached the digital Pokemon of the hour, Porygon2. Eviolite raises his already decent Defenses to amazing heights. Pory2's Trace ability lets me have some fun trolling opponents. He Intimidates Gyarados and Salamence right back before slamming them with 4x Super Effective moves. He gives Heatran and Chandelure a taste of their own medicine by copying Flash Fire. Copying things like Multiscale, Levitate, Poison Heal, Natural Cure, etc is pretty great, too. Not only is Porygon2 a great mixed back-up wall and an ability troll, but it can hit back with Boltbeam. I'm using Tbolt over Discharge because it hits harder. His Fighting weakness is covered by Slowbro and Salamence.
385Jirachi_Dream.png

Jirachi
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
NormalIC_Big.png
Body Slam
SteelIC_Big.png
Iron Head
FireIC_Big.png
Fire Punch
NormalIC_Big.png
Wish
Jirachi is both my Special wall and a support Pokemon. It checks Pokemon such as Tornadus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Lati@s, and so on. Rachi also provides valuable Wish and Paralysis support. Fire Punch is to punish Ferrothorn, Magnezone, and Scizor that think they can switch into me safely in addition to having something else to hit Gengar with after Disable. I've had many matches where Jirachi saves the day with his amazing hax and Wishing. I don't run the standard Speed EVs because I don't run Ice Punch, so why bother with Gliscor when I could have more bulk? His weaknesses to Fire and Ground are covered by Salamence, Breloom, and Slowbro.
080Slowbro_Dream.png

Slowbro (F)
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
WaterIC_Big.png
Scald
IceIC_Big.png
Ice Beam
PsychicIC_Big.png
Psychic
NormalIC_Big.png
Slack Off
Slowbro is my favorite Physical wall, and for good reason. He has a few things that Skarmory and Gliscor don't. First of all, he has Regenerator. Should I get low on health, I can just switch out and have 1/3 replenished. He's also one of the best Terrakion checks out there. With 29 Speed IVs, he's slower than Conkeldurr, so he takes less damage from Payback before hitting back with STAB Psychic. He can spread Burns with Scald and doesn't care about Ice Punches or HP Ices like Gliscor. Similarly, he doesn't care about surprise Fire moves like Skarmory does. At least one of his weaknesses are covered by each member of the rest of the team.

Threats
The only thing that I've been unable to handle is Scrafty. Thankfully, he's been dropping in usage, but it still a threat. Nidoking is a troll, too, but he's used about as much as Pory2.​

RE: The Dastardly Deadly Dangerous Duck of Doom and Destruction (OU)

Approved!

Always nice to see a team based around an underrated Pokemon. Thanks for showing the potential of Porygon2 in Standard OU. :]

Since your Salamence is a Stall Breaker, I think Moxie might be more useful than Intimidate since then its Dragon Claw and Earthquake will hit harder with each KO it gets.

Something tells me the team appears to have trouble with rain teams. You have multiple members that are weak to Ice and Water-Type moves. Starmie can do a number on several of your team members with its excellent coverage while having Natural Cure to get out of status problems.

If you plan on having this team be your entry for RMT of the Month contest, let me know because I have some layout suggestions.

Good point about Moxie. Porygon2 can deal with Starmie fine. I might as well enter this into the RMT of the Month, so please tell me your layout suggestions. The only thing that comes to mind would be text color.

Bump because of a few minor edits. Also added a link to my sig to try to get more views. Bueller? Bueller?

Just a tip, you can use the site-integrated sprites by using this code:

Code:
[Animate]025[/Animate]

Just replace 025 with whatever national dex # your poke has.

[Animate]025[/Animate]

Back