Contest The Create-A-Card Symbol Competition - The Votes Are In!

Just a reminder that there's just a under a week remaining [countdown] before submissions close for the CAC Symbol Comp! If you're looking to submit, make sure you do so by then!

Pokebeach Symbol 2.png Pokebeach Symbol 2a.png Pokebeach Symbol 2b.png
Here's are my entries! I tried to go with Pokebeach's Staryu theme as well.

The letters "P" and "B" are very similar, so I tried to make designs that would incorporate both in a single symbol (Variations I tried that used separate letter looked cramped). In the first one, the "P" is formed by the star shooting upwards, while in the 2nd and 3rd, the "P" is in the background while the star and its curve streaks form the "B".

Hope you like them! ^^

ADD-ON: Here are the downsized versions too! Pokebeach Symbol 2 downsize.png Pokebeach Symbol 2a downsize.png Pokebeach Symbol 2b downsize.png

Last edited:
View attachment 13758 View attachment 13759 View attachment 13760
Here's are my entries! I tried to go with Pokebeach's Staryu theme as well.

The letters "P" and "B" are very similar, so I tried to make designs that would incorporate both in a single symbol (Variations I tried that used separate letter looked cramped). In the first one, the "P" is formed by the star shooting upwards, while in the 2nd and 3rd, the "P" is in the background while the star and its curve streaks form the "B".

Hope you like them! ^^

ADD-ON: Here are the downsized versions too! View attachment 13761 View attachment 13762 View attachment 13764
I love your No.3! Reminds me of something that could've been seen on Japanese PTCG promotional material. I think No.2 scales a bit better, but I think I'd still vote for No.3. Gorgeous work!

Last edited:
I love your No.3! Reminds me of something that could've been seen on Japanese PTCG promotional material. No.2 scales better, but I think I'd still vote for No.3. Gorgeous work!

Thank you so much Nekoban! Glad you liked them! ^^ (I definitely think the third one has a Japanese TCG feel to it; I was inspired by some of the symbols from the earlier card sets while making that one!)

Aaand submissions are closed! Thanks to all who submitted - the voting forms will be out in the near future. ^.^

Here's the fanvoting! Anyone can vote, however please keep in mind that the most widely acclaimed symbol design will become the official set symbol for the image-based portion of the Create-A-Competition for the forseeable future. So choose wisely!

Jabberwock has kindly prepared a showcase of all the symbols on the a sample card, which you can find below. Click to enlarge, but be warned - it is a very large image!

7bby23Y.png

Vote here.
Deadline: July 30th (Sun.) 12:00pm EST

A deadline countdown: [link]​

NOTE: We expect all voters to vote honestly. There is absolutely no gain in trying to skew the results, and cheating the system will not be tolerated.

"NOTE: If there are some entries that you prefer to not vote, don't use the drag-and-drop feature, but rather the drop-down numbers."

I tried to do this (just a top four) but was denied by the app from continuing until all were filled in.

YpEAdKU.png

Examples should probably include more eras, since set symbols got significantly smaller from ADV-onward.
I'll look into get some more examples. ^.^

"NOTE: If there are some entries that you prefer to not vote, don't use the drag-and-drop feature, but rather the drop-down numbers."

I tried to do this (just a top four) but was denied by the app from continuing until all were filled in.

YpEAdKU.png
It looks like I missed one of the options, and since the survey has begun, it's one of the things that the software won't let one fix after beginning the survey. If you still wanted to not vote some entries, you can message myself on the forums with your top symbols instead.

I've just extended the voting deadline a tad: you can find the exact time here. Don't miss out! Unfortunately, we haven't been able to put together a few more samples, however if anyone is up to testing them theirselves, feel free!

giphy.gif

And voting is over! The results were very close, however even after weighting the votes by the image-based competitors more heavily, there was one consistent favourite.

The set symbol to be used by image-based competitors in future Create-A-Card months is...
pb_cac_sym3-png.13661

Congratulations Neko! To those who gave their voice by voting, or put in the time and effort to produce some inspired symbol designs, thank you all!

You can expect the August CAC competition to go live within the next 24 hours. Happy faking~

Well that wasn't one I anticipated on winning. What's my prize? :D jk

Vector version: http://sta.sh/0do7wym5ru1
PNG pre-scaled for asche's Sun/Moon blanks:
JYvkzrY.png

FOPHhvw.png

Bonus: 3D symbol for misc. purposes (Advertising? Customized blanks?) No higher resolution available.

qamJq7d.png

Last edited:
Back