Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to what was posted earlier, my parents actually understand PB stuff pretty well. :)

Banner will be in shortly, by the way. <3

ME1QMvM.png

After several days of dedicated hard work, the teams were finally prepared to present their banners to the Queen for approval. Each team huddled together in the throne room, waiting to be called forward while the Queen herself read a scroll that contained their team names.

"First team, the... Aureolin.. Amphisbaenae...?" She looked quizzically over at her adviser standing to the side.

"It's a snake with a head on each end," he whispered. "The colour is a shade of yellow."

"Yes, indeed, please step forward."

Uncia was chosen to present his team's banner. The robed catman was still reeling a bit from the last work of the previous night, but he proudly unfolded the banner for all to see:

VUCqDUA.jpg

"Ah, yes, I see the snakes now. Very nice and bright. Good job. The next team submitting is... the Palatinate... Cynogryphons?" Another glance at the chancellor.

"The cynrogryphons are a variant species with the body of a wolf instead of a lion."

"I see. Please, step forward."

Yeowie was the one to bring his team's banner forward. The young elf nimbly leapt forward and unfurled the banner for all to see:

qmbXC64.png

"Beautiful indeed, and a majestic creature as well. Well done. Our third team is the... Xadadu... er, I mean, Xanadu... Taniwha...?"

The chancellor didn't even wait to mutter. "Xanadu is a shade of greyish green, and the taniwha are ocean-dwelling creatures that function as guardians of the Maori people."

"Fascinating. Please, step forward."

The Taniwha were still discussing among themselves quietly until the Queen arched an eyebrow and Cecil quickly grabbed one of the banners and ran forward to display it:

3FI7eTA.jpg

"Ah, yes, a very intriguing tribal design, beautifully intricate. I commend you. The final team is..." the Queen smiled, pleased to be able to properly pronounce and understand a team name, "the Amber Phoenixes."

Oliver happily jumped forward to present his team's banner, carefully holding each end as he unrolled it and displayed it to the Queen:

GTtPABz.png

"Very lovely indeed, with a particularly stunning fire motif. You have performed well."

Queen Athena raised an arm and gestured to a group of 4 palace guards standing off to the side. They all snapped to attention and came forward to take the banners from the hands of the participants and then bustled out of the room.

The Queen turned her attention back to the competitors and smiled. "Your banners will be displayed in front of the castle for all spectators to witness. Within a week, the crown's seamstresses will have made a variety of duplicates to share around the cities and let the people rejoice in your accomplishments and drink to forget your failures.

I am awarding the Amber Phoenixes as the winner of our first official round. With this victory, you will receive an advantage in the next challenge. Since all of the banners were impressive and submitted on time, no one will be eliminated, but the gloves will come off with the next challenge, so I urge you all to remain on your guard. For now, relax and celebrate your victory. I will call you again when the second challenge is ready to begin."

Challenge 1 Results
Team & Banner Submissions

VUCqDUA.jpg

qmbXC64.png

3FI7eTA.jpg

GTtPABz.png

Prizes!

As mentioned before, this is not an elimination challenge, so all players will be moving on to the 1st challenge. As alluded to in the flavour, the Amber Phoenixes have won this challenge and will receive an advantage in the 2nd Challenge. Exactly what that advantage is will be explained in the official start of Challenge 2.

The Next Challenge?

Will probably be posted tomorrow. I still have a few things to iron out and I'm plagued with loud construction next door again, so I probably won't have it completely finished until tomorrow, though I may post it this evening if I have the time.

Due to the holidays, plenty of time will be given in order to complete everything, with a deadline of January 5th at the earliest.

In the meantime, you're welcome to discuss and speculate if you wish.

Congratulations everyone! All banners are very nice. I'm especially glad to see that all of the banners have been a step up from previous years, which is awesome imo!

Congrats to everyone, as well. :) All of the submissions were really interesting. :) Oh my... now we're on to the eliminations... .___.''

*still struggling with the names* ... my Queen... i can't read.... this is just... please explain this

To make it simple, the PCs (Palatinate Cynogryphons) are epic and everyone else should leave. All you need to remember is to root for PCs :p

I'll claim the DS, since it has the most games with Pichu on them! :D

EDIT: Just realized the DS isn't a console, so I'll take the Gamecube, since it has Melee, which has Pichu! :D

I'll take the nintendo64, it has Earthbound, SSB, and... well thats it...
i dont think N64 has earthbound...
eh, ill take the regular Wii.....

Nooooo not the Gamecube :eek:

Fine, I'll take the Wii for no reason other than the fact that it can still play gamecube games. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back