Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
=.=' I hate it when such things happen. It sucks not being able to predict them. :/

I would go with option 1, since there's no other way, I guess, because even if the advantage is small, it's still an advantage. I have no other options to suggest, due to the fact I'm a newbie and have yet to fully understand how everything works, so I trust the opinion of the more experienced.

I hope everything turns out fine :D

Whelp, that saved me from making a decision. ^.^

EDIT: Mwahaha Green got ninja'd!

I think 3 teams of 5 is more fair. It spreads the amount of good players evenly. What if the team of 3 is just 1 good player, and 2 stranglers?

So Option 1!

We have a 16th sign-up! So, no more need to vote. Since I already told Skyleaf that I would give her the additional time to complete her character, however, there will still not be a full update until Monday.

Just sent! Please don't tell me I'm too late. Q_Q
I'm sorry for making everybody wait...
I was at band all day today and couldn't post until now.

Last edited:
No? I think you still have time

We have a 16th sign-up! So, no more need to vote. Since I already told Skyleaf that I would give her the additional time to complete her character, however, there will still not be a full update until Monday.

All Character Sheets have now been submitted! :D

I'm going to begin processing the update now, but due to an injury I'm having difficulty sitting at the computer for a long period of time. As such, the update may still not be posted until sometime tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled!

xAFnOS7.png

The sixteen final Challenge competitors were admitted into the throne room of Queen Athena's castle. At the head of a long, carpeted walkway, she sat in a very intricately carved throne atop a dais in front of a large stained glass window. The window was completed over 500 years ago, to celebrate the end of a long bloody war to the east, but the colours of the clean, coloured glass shards twinkled in the sunlight as if it were brand new. To the Queen's right hand sat her husband, the Consort King; to her right, sat the Crown Prince Jason IV and the Princess Amara.

"Welcome, Challengers," the Queen spoke as they all stood in a line in front of her, hands clasped and faces bowed, her voice loud and commanding in the long hall. "You all have proven yourselves worthy to compete in the Grand Challenge. I commend you on your bravery and fortitude.

"Based on your applications, four of you have stood out among the rest. Please step forward as your name is called.

"TGK."

A catman towards the far end of the line stepped forward. The folds of his brown robe hid most of his appearance from view, but the twin points of ears poking up at the top of his hood made his race unmistakable. In his left hand, he clutched a smoothly carved walking stick.

"Luis."

A pale, tall human man walked calmly forward, head held high and the pointed tips of his spiked black hair shining in the sunlight. Strapped to his back was a delicately carved bow, though the matching arrows and his other weapons had been confiscated at the entrance to the castle.

"Beatrice."

A thin, red-haired woman delicately stepped up to stand with the other 3. Her hair shone like fire and the light streaming through the window made her crystalline armor flash and glitter like the sea, seemingly endless shades of blue flashing and shimmering. Her lance had been similarly confiscated in the pretense of the queen, and with nothing to hold, her gauntleted hands clasped each other tightly.

"Reinhold."

The young mercenary's face blushed a deep red and he quickly stepped forward with the others. As he did, the hood of his black robe slipped down, revealing a mop of unruly black curls framing a boyish face. The Princess Amara's eyes lit up at the sight of his face.

"The four of you have shown exemplary conduct and shall be rewarded accordingly. However, all of you have done well to come this far, and you should all be proud of yourselves. Tonight, you will eat, drink, and be merry in my house. Tomorrow morning, you will received your team assignments and the first official challenge shall begin."

Prologue Challenge Results
Character Creation

As mentioned before, this is not an elimination challenge, so all players will be moving on to the 1st challenge. However, there are prizes to be given away in 4 categories, corresponding to the 4 named contestants in the update flavour. The winning categories are below:

First Applicant: @thegrovylekid
TGK was the very first person to submit a complete Character Sheet, so he gets a prize for not procrasting. Woohoo! \o/

Best Procrastinator: @Luispipe8
As an opposite to TGK, Luis was the last person to submit a Character Sheet that was received before the original deadline. Both Celever and Skyleaf submitted after the deadline.

Favourite Character: @Vom
Not really much to explain about this, just that Vom's character is my personal favourite of all of the ones that were submitted. :p

Best Use of In-Universe Information: @Green778
While everyone made stuff up for the Challesian world for the sake of backstory (after all, you kind of had to), Green's application was the one that best used the scant information that I did provide, much to my delight.

Prizes!

All winners will start the game with an extra Scroll of Summon Magical Assistant. TGk, Luis, Vom, and Green will each start with 4 Scrolls; all other players will begin the game with 3. More information about these scrolls will be provided when the time comes where they can actually be used. And I'll be reminding you about them, no worries.

If you're smart, you may have noticed that the number of winners also matches the number of teams we will have. The winners will indeed be split evening among the 4 teams, which is your first hint towards team composition. Full team assignments will be posted with the official start of the first challenge.

The Next Challenge?

I don't believe I'll have enough computer chair time to finish assigning teams and get the 1st challenge post this evening, so expect it to be posted sometime within the next 24 hours. I will mass tag and profile post to alert everyone when the next challenge is ready!

natsu_dragneel_by_kanamelover101-d6l7f9t.jpg

Moete kita zo...

Congrats to everyone! :D

I'm glad you liked my Backstory idea and that extra dialogue
The Princess Amara's eyes lit up at the sight of his face.
was definitely really sweet to read :p
One quick question... Will "The Challenge 7" differentiate in rules, or basic "game-play" with the previous ones? I feel I need to greatly prepare myself for the challenges... (=understand even better every rule there is...) Also, where can I find the "complete rules" :p or previous games?

Thanks a lot! I'm "fired-up" to see what will happen next. :)

*blows airhorns and shoots fireworks behind them* sorry for being late to this, but you needed a better entrance. Edit:*add John Cena's theme*

You should have filled the fireworks with doritos and had someone play John Cena's theme in the key of airhorn.

One quick question... Will "The Challenge 7" differentiate in rules, or basic "game-play" with the previous ones? I feel I need to greatly prepare myself for the challenges... (=understand even better every rule there is...) Also, where can I find the "complete rules" :p or previous games?

Each individual challenge will likely have its own separate rules. Some challenges in this game may be the same as, or at least very similar to, other challenges from other games, and you can of course look through the previous Challenge Seasons to get a feel for how some of the earlier ones worked. In fact, people who are familiar with previous incarnations of The Challenge probably have a good idea of what challenge is coming next! :D However, there are plenty of things that will be different, too. I don't think any previous Challenge Season has had a character creation like this, or overarching mechanics like the Scrolls, and other things are also bound to be new.

In terms of finding previous The Challenge games, they're all right here in the Forum Games forum, though you may have to go through many pages of old games in order to find them. The most recent one should still be on page 1, I think, but the others are older. For Challenge 5 (the only one I've actually participated in), I ended up taking 2nd place. :p

*meow*

Anyways, I'm pretty surprised I was the first person to send it in, seeing as I'm usually late in real life :p

Each individual challenge will likely have its own separate rules. Some challenges in this game may be the same as, or at least very similar to, other challenges from other games, and you can of course look through the previous Challenge Seasons to get a feel for how some of the earlier ones worked. In fact, people who are familiar with previous incarnations of The Challenge probably have a good idea of what challenge is coming next! :D However, there are plenty of things that will be different, too. I don't think any previous Challenge Season has had a character creation like this, or overarching mechanics like the Scrolls, and other things are also bound to be new.

In terms of finding previous The Challenge games, they're all right here in the Forum Games forum, though you may have to go through many pages of old games in order to find them. The most recent one should still be on page 1, I think, but the others are older. For Challenge 5 (the only one I've actually participated in), I ended up taking 2nd place. :p

So you weren't always the host! :eek: Oh my... Then, I can scarcely imagine how hard this can be... I'm super excited. :p
Hmm, so "experience" won't matter with the challenges, as much as I thought. Okey-Dokey. Time to dig some of the older files to get ready!

Thanks a lot for your help, milady! (Btw, the avatar is how queen Athena is supposed to look right? If so, the art is amazing.)

(Btw, the avatar is how queen Athena is supposed to look right? If so, the art is amazing.)

That's the idea, yes. :D I didn't create it, though.

And, yeah, this is my first time hosting a game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back