Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
QHDeKfF.png

The teams spent the next week in the palace's large kitchens, each group working with a whole collection of royal chefs to produce and experiment with possible dishes. When they eventually decided on their final choices, they put together samples of each dish and all of the challengers, along with Queen Athena herself, sampled each of the dishes and voted for their favourites on little slips of paper.

The Queen gathered the votes and tallied them herself. With the final choices made, she discussed the options with the chefs so they could begin to prepare for the feast as soon as possible. Once the practical considerations were handled, she turned to the teams.

"You all came up with some very delicious dishes. I don't remember the last time I was so full!" she smiled. It ended up being a very close race, but in the end, the Amber Phoenixes had the most chosen dishes and as such, they will receive an advantage for the next challenge. I will request that the Phoenixes join me in my solar tomorrow morning to discuss their advantage, but for now, I need to go lie and down and relax after eating all that food!

"As for the next challenge, I want you all to relax and enjoy the festival. We'll meet up again after everything is concluded and resume then. Enjoy your break!"

Challenge 7 Results
Reveillak Feast Menu Creation

The final scores for the teams are as follows:

Amber Phoenixes: 6
Xanadu Taniwha: 5
Palatinate Cynogryphons: 1

As such, the Amber Phoenixes will enjoy an advantage for the next challenge. The final winning menu can be seen in the spoiler below:

Opening Drinks:

The clear water and blue leaves used to brew this tea are sourced from Sparkle Falls. It shimmers like a rainbow and has relaxing properties.

Appetizers:

Feta Stuffed Crispy Mushrooms, seasoned with garlic, hot pepper and parsley, topped with crisped golden baked breadcrumbs and fire roasted almond nuts, served hot.

"Paroots" are roots with the sweet bittery taste of a pear and heavier consistency of a turnip. Baked until crispy, they are light and airy.

Soup:

Skimmed Myien, a layered Watercress and Coconut creamy broth soup, served warm with an optional roasted and unseasoned dipping bread.

Salad:*

The acidic, tangy flavour of the golden viper peppers is balanced out by the sweet cotton candy "rabbit tail puffs" served within jaggedy incisions -- "mouths".

Palate Cleanser:

Warmed Lemon Sorbet, a strong, delicately-textured citrus flavour topped with coconut shavings, and melt-in-your-mouth baked cake base.

Main Course - Meat:

Honey Drake Breast, dredged draconian breast, stir fried in honey and coated in sesame seeds, served with steamed rice on a kale plate.

Main Course - Fish:

The "Sauteed Cavern Wingfish" is a dish of considerable repute worldwide. The tangy wings compliment the heat of the abdomen and saltiness of the sides.

Main Course - Vegetarian:

The "Compass Platter" unites the reaches of Challesia where they're harvested: Western und fruit, eastern argo herbs, northern sallo sweetbark and southern savory irh root.

Desserts:

Fully Loaded Ice Cream Sundae - Topped with fresh pecans, cherry, chocolate and caramell syrup, strawberries and whipped cream with a cherry on top!

Sourced from the port of Harborfall, the ever-frozen "Iced Harborberries" protrude from their whipped cream bedding in dazzling bursts of emerald green. Likened to nectar.

Closing Warm Drinks:

Oreskos Cinder Tea, a hot beverage of sun-baked Orrim leaves, broken into cloves, sprinkled with cinnamon, served with pure water.

There was only one tie that required me to be the tiebreaker, the salad course. I found this very amusing since I strongly dislike salad in real life and usually skip it.

Prizes!

The Amber Phoenixes' prize will be sent to them in secret, since it is directly involved with the next challenge and part of their advantage is knowing what the next challenge is before anyone else. They are, of course, welcome to share that information with anyone if they wish, but it will be in their hands.

Elimination

Due to Green's resignation, there is no elimination this challenge. There will, however, be an elimination in the next challenge, so stay on your toes!

The Next Challenge?

Has already been planned, though some of the details are lacking since they directly rely input from the Phoenixes. Perhaps they'll give you some hints if you ask nicely! The next challenge will probably begin sometime on Friday, though it might be sooner if the Phoenixes reply promptly and/or I have enough time to get things done faster.

Has already been planned, though some of the details are lacking since they directly rely input from the Phoenixes. Perhaps they'll give you some hints if you ask nicely! The next challenge will probably begin sometime on Friday, though it might be sooner if the Phoenixes reply promptly and/or I have enough time to get things done faster.
But...I...didn't get any message. :,(

There, the Advantage PM has been sent to the Phoenixes. Good luck and have fun!

> Sees we won
> Has a minor freak out at a school computer
> Super embarrassed

After I saw that our formatting was totally different to the other two teams' I thought for sure we'd lost. Maybe Thena was right and I was overthinking everything majorly :U

Hey everyone! Small update time. The Phoenixes have submitted their advantage, but tl;dr I've been going crazy trying to get info/pre-order for FE: Fates and didn't get anything done today. Surprise! Weekends are a notoriously busy time for me so the next challenge might not start until Monday, depends on too many factors for me to accurately predict right now.

I will say that the next challenge will start off somewhat slowly on the player's side, for reasons the Phoenixes likely understand. So don't worry about making sure you'll be active and around when things start up since the actual meat of the challenge won't start until a day or so after the challenge itself is posted at the earliest.

Thanks for your understanding! <3

iN5ZEIg.png

Over the next few weeks, the remaining challengers had a fun and relaxing time leading up to the great Reveillak feast. Queen Athena was busy helping with many preparations around the castle, so her guests were left to their own devices for the most part, only seeing the Queen for short moments as she flitted about on important business.

When the day of the festival finally game, the whole castle was in a glorious uproar, the challengers shooed out to the castle town to enjoy the various festivities. They were called back later in the day to help bring dishes out for the feast, but afterward they held places of honour at the main table and enjoyed partaking in the various food and drink that they had each laboured over so carefully. The result was an astounding success.

After a full day (and long night) of partying and eating, the day after the festival was very relaxed and slow, the Queen nowhere in sight. However, the following day, she called the challengers into her throne room again, finally ready to begin the next challenge.

"I hope you all enjoyed the festival as much as I did," she said, "and I hope you may find the time to come back and join us here for Reveillak in the future. You will all be welcome guests here in the future.

"For now, though, we must set aside the festival matters, and..." Athena grinned widely, "join me for another game. You may have seen some people playing it at various parties during the festival, though I left express instructions for no one to let you join in, since I wanted your minds fresh for the game when it would come time for you to play it here when the stakes are higher."

Curious, the challengers looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

"The game goes by a few different names depending on the region. To the southeast, I hear they primarily refer to it as "Mafia", based on a type of organized crime that seems to be common in the area, and I've heard that up in the far north it usually is called "Werewolf" as a reference to a particularly nasty local animal. Here it most commonly goes by the name of "Kitsune Hunter" after an old legend about a clan of shape-shifting foxes. It is something of a mind game where an ignorant majority of "villagers" must uncover the sly "kitsune" that use their powers to transform into humans and blend into the village. It is quite a popular party game here, and I hope you all will enjoy playing it, too.

"If you're unfamiliar with the rules, my pages can provide you with an understanding. For now, though, I will send you off to enjoy the rest of your day in discussion with your teammates. You will receive your role in the game at sundown, and play will begin tomorrow morning."

The challengers turned to leave, but the Queen raised a hand to stall them. "I should say outright that while you will be allowed to maintain communication with your teammates during the course of the game, you should also keep in mind that they may be your foes for this particular challenge. There will be an elimination at the end, but the eliminated player will not be chosen by their traditional team, but instead by the other members of the Werewolf team. I wish you the best of luck."

Challenge 8
Challesian "Kitsune Hunter" Werewolf

In this challenge, we will be playing a game of Werewolf/Mafia, very similar to the regular WW games that are hosted here in the FG forum. If you're new to WW in general, or have not played it here on PokéBeach before, I would suggest you check out the WW Master Doc & New Players Guide for information about the game. The rest of this thread will assume that you are familiar with the basic concepts of the game.

Rules:

1. Day Phases will last 3 days (72 hours). Night phases will last 2 days (48 hours). Yes, this is shorter than the Day/Night phases for most games here, but we're also starting with a much smaller number of players than is typical.
  2. The game will consist of at least 2 factions: the Villagers (townies) and the Kitsune (scum). There may or may not be indies or other factions.
  3. The Amber Phoenix's advantage is that they got to have a say in which power rules will be included (or not included) in the game, so they have a bit more mechanical knowledge than the rest of you. Perhaps they'll share!
  4. Please vote with the following format: ##verb: player and ##unverb: player, including both the #s and the bolding (but you may use any verb of your choice). If your vote/unvote doesn't follow this format, it won't be counted.
  5. I'll post vote counts a couple times a day when I am around to do so. Vote counts posted will NOT reflect any vote manipulation; they will only show the same vote totals that are visible in thread.
  6. If a majority vote is reached, the Day phase will end immediately. If no majority vote is reached before the full 72 hour Day phase is complete, then nobody will be lynched.
  7. Once the Day is over, the Night phase will begin as soon as I can post it, whether there is a lynch or not. No posting is allowed in thread during the Night phase.
  8. While the game is in progress, you may discuss the game outside of the thread with your current Challenge Team members only. That is, the Phoenixes, Taniwha, and Cynogryphons can talk with each other about the game while it's on-going, but cannot talk about the game to any other player on a different team. No other out-of-thread communication is allowed unless mentioned in your role PM (such as the Kitsune team QT). I must be included in all out-of-thread discussions.
  9. All living players are allowed to "Like" any posts in the game, but spectators and/or dead players should refrain from "Liking" any posts.
  10. Players may directly quote from Role PMs or any other communication from me, as well as any communication between Challenge team members. However, these quotes must be in text-form only; no screenshots or pictures of any kind are allowed.
  11. You may not edit or delete any posts you make for any reason.
  12. If you have any questions for me in the thread, please make sure to tag me like so (@Athena) to make sure that I see the question.
  13. There will be an elimination at the end of this challenge. The members losing faction will each vote for which member of the faction they feel should be kicked out of the game. In the event that multiple factions lose, each will vote.
  14. There will be no Night 0. The game will immediately begin with Day 1.
  15. Every player has both an Active role and a Passive role. Passive roles are always "on" and cannot be turned off, but Active roles must be activated to be used.
  16. Any player who PMs me with a correct guess as to the thing which "links" all Roles gets a sekrit cookie! (NOTE: Cookie has no benefits in-game or out and may not be exchanged or refunded)

Game Starting Information:

Today has been a very busy day and my busy-ness has still not ended. It doesn't help that I've been ill for the past few days either. *sigh* As such, I'm not quite ready to send out Role PMs and formally start the game yet. I might be able to tonight, but it also might not happen until tomorrow.

In the meantime, you guys are welcome to discuss the game in thread or amongst yourselves. I will post here to let you guys know when I am about to start PMs and formally start the game.

Last edited:
Awesome name! I love kitsune and the shape-shifting foxes, so this will be great no matter which side I'm on~

UDPATE TIME!

All roles are fully written and finalized, just need to randomize and send PMs. I may get this done before I need to leave to cook dinner; I might not. At the very latest, all roles will be sent out within the next 5 hours, thought it'll probably be sooner than that. In the meantime, I must ask all player to not post until I post again to formally start the game. Thank you! <3

All Role PMs have now been sent out! If you got 2 PMs from me, I'm sorry, but sometimes my account sends/posts things twice for some reason and I have no idea why it keeps happening. Both PMs should be identical.

Please Like this post to confirm receipt of your Role PM! I will formally begin the game in 24 hours, or after all 10 players have liked this post, whichever is sooner. Please refrain from posting in this thread until I have posted the Game Start post.

I also have a few more clarifications about some things in the game. These will be added to the main game rules post as well for consistency:
  1. There will be no Night 0. The game will immediately begin with Day 1.
  2. Every player has both an Active role and a Passive role. Passive roles are always "on" and cannot be turned off, but Active roles must be activated to be used.
  3. Any player who PMs me with a correct guess as to the thing which "links" all Roles gets a sekrit cookie! (NOTE: Cookie has no benefits in-game or out and may not be exchanged or refunded)

As usual, feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions or issues.

We've got likes from everyone... but one. You now all have my official permission to bug @Vracken to Like the above post so the game can start. :p

Day 1 Start!

Day 1 will end on Saturday, March 12th at 15:10pm CET (approximately the same time as this post in your own time zone) OR when a majority vote has been reached. As there are currently 10 living players, 6 votes are needed to reach a majority.

If you have any questions about your role or would like to use a Day action (if applicable), PM me. Otherwise, have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back