Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I didn't realize earlier since I had to go back into my spreadsheet to add 0s to the people who didn't submit, but last round was the first round that not a single person got right! Less than half of players submitted, and those that did submit submitted pie.

Round 15 Results: The correct answer was D! While I have fond memories of all of these avatars for different reasons (which is why I chose these particular ones to choose between), overall my favourite spot has to go to the munching Ema Skye, not only a great character but I feel that this particular image represents my own carefree and lurking nature. :p Next round is also a suggestion by @bbninjas; I have simply too many stuffies to make a realistic round of all of them, but this selection of PokéPlush currently hanging out with my TCG cards seemed like a good assortment. :D

Pick-an-Image Round 16

AMCuBgF.jpg

When you have made your selection, please PM me with the text ##PICK: (letter) to indicate which image you think is my favourite of the bunch!

Since everyone submitted decently early this time around (yay! \o/), I'm able to move things on a bit faster once again. As such, the deadline for Round 14 will be Thursday, October 13th at 10:30am Central European Summer Time. That is the same as 9:30am BST, 4:30am Eastern US time, 1:30am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone.

This is the penultimate round! Good luck all challengers! <3

Mass Tag: @Brave Vesperia, @Jabberwock, @Luispipe8, @Celever, @Skyleaf2000, @Vracken

Last edited:
Also I should note that it's impossible for the current last place challenger to catch up to even second-to-last place, so the loser of this particular challenge has already been determined. However, the winner spot is still up for grabs, so we'll be continuing.

Last edited:
bb stop rigging the game smh

I was having a hard time coming up with new images and he suggested a bunch to me. :p I still need to think up something for the final later today, too.

Speaking of which, everyone submitted! :D I am happy and surprised in equal measure. And only one person got it right, too. :p I'll be leaving for my appointment soon, but final round will go up later this afternoon. :3

Round 16 Results: The correct answer was B! I love all of my plush tonnes, but Ditto-face Pikachu takes the prize for absolute best Poképlush. I've wanted one badly ever since I learned about these old ones, but by the time I learned about them, they were out-of-print and way beyond my budget. I was beyond psyched when the PokéCenter decided to do a new Ditto-face plush campaign! :D As you can see in the picture, I've bought a few of those style now, though the original Pikachu was the one I always wanted most.

And now, onto the final round. I wasn't sure what to do for it until I realized that I hadn't done any real Pokémon TCG questions...

Pick-an-Image Round 17

tqGFadz.jpg

When you have made your selection, please PM me with the text ##PICK: (letter) to indicate which image you think is my favourite of the bunch!

The deadline for The Final Round will be Saturday, October 13th at 1:00pm Central European Summer Time. That is the same as 12:00pm BST, 7:00am Eastern US time, 4:00am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone.

This is the final round! Good luck all challengers! <3

Mass Tag: @Brave Vesperia, @Jabberwock, @Luispipe8, @Celever, @Skyleaf2000, @Vracken

As a result of my poor memory and planning, I will be on vacation when this round ends. As such, the formal end-of-challenge post may be delayed. I do plan on at least announcing the winner/loser shortly after everyone submits and/or the rounds ends, so you won't be stuck waiting.

In the meantime, all challengers are welcome to post suggestions of things they think would be a good prize for the winner. :p I have a few ideas, but I'm not fully sold on them yet.

Revives are basically the one thing I swore I'd never do, though. Partially because this game is long enough as it is without dragging it out even further by letting people back in :U

Round 17 Results: The correct answer was... anything! I had pulled aside these 8 cards for photographing, but as I was posting it, I realized that I just simply couldn't pick a single favourite between them. These are all some of my favourite cards and I have reasons to love any of them, whether because of artwork, the card itself, how I acquired it, the character/Pokémon, etc. So, I decided that anyone who submitted anything would automatically get a point for this round, regardless of which card was chosen. And still only 3 people submitted. :p

Final Results

HQsRye3.png

The winner, with a total of 9 points, is @Vracken. Congratulations! :D You will be awarded your prize before the beginning of the next challenge.

The loser, with a total of 3 points, is @Brave Vesperia. This was partially due to a few rounds missed while he was dealing with hurricane stuff, though not completely. As such, he will be eliminated from the game. Sorry to see you go, BV!​

I will post up a formal end to the challenge by the 25th at the latest, possibly sooner, though I am on vacation so don't expect much from me until then. The next challenge will start shortly thereafter.

~Challenge 14 Results + Challenge 15~
(pretend this is in fancy text or something, ok? :U)

The Challengers enjoyed a nice, cozy day relaxing in Queen Athena's solar and picking choices between various images and objects she presented. Although no one chose to actually bribe the Queen, there was almost always someone who got an answer right each round, even if it was just a guess.

In the end, there was a tight race for the person with the most points, with Naxi narrowly pulling off the win. Sadly, Cecil got distracted the most and lagged behind the other competitors by quite a lot, easily landing in last place. However, he accepted his loss with grace and humility, fondly wishing the other competitors luck before he departed the castle for his home.

"I have some matters of business to attend to," Queen Athena told the five remaining challengers, "so I will be leaving the beginning of the next challenge in your hands. I have decided that I would like to play another game again, but I'm not sure which one would be most appropriate, so I would like all of you to suggest a game to me for the group to play! The player whose game I choose will be exempt from the competition, but the others will have to play well or risk disqualification..."

Challenge 14 Results
Pick-an-Image, Queen Athena edition

As previously posted...

HQsRye3.png

The winner, with a total of 9 points, is @Vracken. Congratulations! :D As a reward, you have been awarded 3 SoSMA! \o/

The loser, with a total of 3 points, is...

aYccsCG.png

@Brave Vesperia has been eliminated from the game!

Thank you very much for participating! I hope you enjoyed your time in the game. Please contact me privately if you would like a link to the Dead/Spectator QT to discuss the game behind the scenes.

Challenge 14 Part 1
Game Day! \o/

This challenge will be a two part challenge. In the first part, each Challenger must submit a game for the remaining Challengers to compete in. Rules and submission criteria are below.

Instructions:
  1. This challenge will consist of 2 parts. The first part establishes a winner and has no elimination (so long as everyone submits). However, there will be elimination in the second part, so stay on your toes!
  2. In Part 1, each Challenger must select one online/computer/mobile game for everyone else to play! There are two main criteria for submitted games:
    1. The game you choose to submit must be easily accessible to all challengers. This means they must be free to play and not require a huge time investment.
    2. There must be some kind of metric within the game to determine winners/losers. This isn't some kind of hippy challenge where winning is the joy of playing, after all. :U
  3. No one may submit the same game as another Challenger. As such, you must publicly post in this thread to "claim" your chosen game to let everyone know which game you are submitting and avoid overlap.
  4. Once you've posted here to claim your game, you may PM your submission to me at your convenience. Detailed information about submission requirements can be found below.
  5. The deadline for Part 1 is Monday, October 31st at 11:00am Central European Time. That is the same as 10:00am GMT, 6:00am Eastern US time, 3:00am Pacific US time, or approximately the time of this post in your own time zone.
  6. Once all submissions have been received (or once the deadline has been reached), I will go through the submissions and choose a winner. If you do not submit a game by the deadline, you will be automatically eliminated.
  7. The winner of Part 1 will see their game played during Part 2, and they will be safe from elimination (and can even choose not to play if they wish).
  8. Part 2 will start sometime between Monday the 31st and Thursday the 3rd, depending on my own busyness and how long it takes me to decide a winner.

Claimed Games:
Vracken - Dungeon Robber

Submission Requirements:
Each game submission must include information for each of the following questions. How much information you choose to provide is up to you, but more detailed information likely gives your submission a higher chance of success. All submissions must be PMed to me by the deadline. If you do not provide information for all sections, your submission will be disqualified; if you do not submit at all, you will be eliminated.

1. Name of game
  2. Where/How can you access it?
  3. How is the game played?
  4. What metric determines a winner/loser? (time, distance, points, achievements, etc.)
  5. Are there any other particular rules that players should follow?
  6. Why do you think this game would be a good Challenge game?
  7. How would you describe/explain the game within the context of Challesian flavour? For example, see how the WW/Mafia game was written up in flavour, or the rope challenge game, or some others.
  8. Any other information we need to know?

And that's everything! Good luck, have fun, and, as always, please ask if you have any questions. :)

@Jabberwock, @Luispipe8, @Celever, @Skyleaf2000, @Vracken

SCHEDULING NOTE: As some of you may know, my own availability is kind of wonky right now, which is why this challenge is a very "GM hands-off" challenge. Currently, my bathroom is under renovations, so I can't stay at home on the PC during the day like I usually do (and therefore I have less time to spend on my usual crap). Plus, on November 4th, I will be going to the hospital for a surgery and I'm not sure how active I will be able to be during my recovery (depends on pain and mobility, mostly, and I can't judge either ahead of time).

My current semi-long-term plan is to finish up this challenge during my recovery, then run at least one more challenge (possibly two, depending on time) before I leave for my next vacation in December. I actually do have one somewhat easy and cheerful challenge in mind that I can run during my recovery, and a couple more that require a bit more effort, so I guess we'll see how I feel.

Anyway, we'll have somewhere between 2-4 challengers left by mid-January which is when we will start ramping up towards conclusion! I expect that the whole game should be finished up by the beginning of spring (or autumn, for those of you who live in the southern hemisphere) at the very latest.

Last edited:
---GOLD RUSH AT TORMAL MOUNTAINS---
Reports tell of the discovery of a gold deposit deep within the Tormal Mountains! Creatures of all sizes (mainly the dwarves) have arrived at the new mine's entrance to test their luck. Potential billionaires have been taking to minecart tracks to navigate the caverns of the mountains. However, some haven't been so skilled in minecart-ing, many flipping over stranded on the rails. Please keep an eye out for this danger, or perhaps even try helping out this Minecart Madness yourself!
i.e. Someone should totally choose Minecart Madness for this challenge, because it is a very fun game. :v

Uh, can I claim Dungeon Robber? It is pretty much the only non-Steam/Nintendo/Microsoft/GoG/Pokemon video game I have played since like Nanca crash :/

^w^

also, ps, interesting game and awesome flavour bbninjas, lags like crazy for me though and I don't know why

I'll keep the Challenge Start post updated with people's claimed games for easy reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back