Finished The Challenge: Season 7 - And the Winner is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking Record and Sort, as in a list is sorted by alphabet or something and records can often be listed. Wish seems more likely than Holiday since you even put it in your explanation for why Holiday would be a good guess. I think Friend seems like somewhat of a stretch though personally and I think Holiday fits, although as a stretch.

We also still have potential guesses remaining from our last two words, so don't forget about those for which Engine still seems like the most likely, and I like Comfort as another word

Bringing back my list from before:

Okay, for the last remaining "Food" clue, I think the word is one of the following:
- Invention, as dishes of food are invented
- Comfort, as food is eaten as comfort for many people

As for Spring, I'm thinking:
- Invention, as a spring is an invention.
- Engine, as springs are used in engines.
- Sort, as in Spring Cleaning.
- Rings, stretching a bit here, but a spring is sorta made of rings.
- Holiday, again stretching... do people go holidaying often in Spring?

And for list, I agree with Vracken's ideas:
- Record
- Sort
- Friend is plausible if these other two don't work

##RECORD
##SORT
##COMFORT

RECORD is, unfortunately, the ASSASSIN word, automatically ending the round (and therefore the whole game) in favour of the red team.

RED TEAM WINS! :D

Official ending challenge post to come later today.

Here's the full Round 5 board in the meantime:

UZuqinA.png

I'm really curious to see that board... because I'm really baffled to what these codenames are referring to. >.>

edit: ninja

DiiNSNk.png

The 2 teams quickly puzzled out the rules of the new game and began to play, with Queen Athena keeping an occasional eye on the games as they progressed. It took a little while for the challengers to learn and adjust to the new game, but once they got used to it, they started having fun. The two teams were evenly matched, each tied for 2 points when the final round begun. Both teams started well, but the round ended quickly when someone uncovered the assassin, winning the final round, and the entire challenge itself, for the Red Team.

"Well done, challengers!" The Queen proclaimed. "I hope you enjoyed the little game. Perhaps some of you may choose to play it amongst yourself at some later point. For now, however, we must return to business. As the losing team, the Blue team must vote on one of their members to be eliminated from the Challenge. You will have a couple of days to make your decision. Good luck to you all!"

Challenge 12 Results
Codenames!

The final scores for the teams are as follows:

Blue Team: 2 points
Red Team: 3 points

As such, the Blue Team (@Celever, @bbninjas, @Skyleaf2000, @Vracken) will be facing elimination.

Elimination

1. Each member of the losing team(s) must vote for a member of their team to be eliminated from the game. Provide your vote in an individual PM with me in the format "vote: [username]". You are of course welcome to discuss elimination with your teams if you wish, so long as all votes are sent to me privately.
  2. Elimination deadlines will always be 48 hours from the time of the results post. In this particular instance, this means that all elimination votes are due by Saturday, August 13th at 11:30pm CEST. That is the same as 10:30pm BST, 5:30am Eastern US time, 2:30am Pacific US time, or approximately the same time as this post in your own time zone.
  3. Every team member for the losing team(s) must submit an elimination vote by the deadline. If you do not, your vote will count as a vote to eliminate yourself.
  4. All Challenge 7 participants (whether they are on eliminating teams or not) may choose to use 1 SoSMA to act as a negative elimination vote for a non-self/team player of your choice. Detailed information about can be found below in the spoiler. Any Scrolls used in this matter must be submitted to be via PM by the same 48 hour deadline as the elimination votes.
  5. Once all votes and Scroll uses have been tallied, the player from each eliminated team with the most votes will be permanently removed from the game.
  6. In the event of a tie, the winning team of the previous challenge gets to choose who of the tied candidates is eliminated.

Scroll of Summon Magical Assistant: Elimination Use

Each of you started with a number of Scrolls of Magical Assistant, a magic item that can be used to give you various advantages throughout the game. Each time a new use of the item is revealed, it will be posted about in the Update (like this section here and now), and also added to the OP for easy reference. Please Note: Each Scroll is single use only! Once you use a Scroll for any purpose it is used up and your total number of scrolls goes down by one. If you ever want to know how many scrolls you currently have available at any given point, feel free to ask.

SoSMA 1: Negative Elimination Vote: Every time there is an Elimination, all current players may choose to use one scroll to act as a "negative" elimination vote on a player of their choice. This will subtract a vote from that player's total number of votes. If a player reaches 0 votes in this manner, they cannot be eliminated. In negative votes override all of the votes for a given team, that team becomes safe and none of their players will be eliminated.

However, there are of course some restrictions:
  1. You may never use a Scroll to give a negative vote on yourself, or even another member of your team. You may only use scrolls to save members of other teams. Feel free to communicate and work out deals with other teams, if you wish.
  2. You may never use 2 Scrolls in a row to give a negative vote to the same person. If you choose to use a Scroll as a vote for the current elimination, the next time you use a Scroll must be either for a non-elimination purpose, or used as a negative vote for a different member.

As an example, let's suppose that Team1 is voting for elimination. 2 members of the team vote for Player1 to be eliminated and 2 other members vote for Player2 to be eliminated.

Instance 1 - Player5 uses a Scroll on Player1. The score would then be 2 to 1 and Player2 would be the one eliminated.
Instance 2 - Player5 and Player6 each use a Scroll on Player1. Player7 and Player8 each use a Scroll on Player2. The score would then be 0 to 0, all votes nullified, and Team1 becomes safe from elimination.

If you have any questions about this particular use of SoSMA, please ask!

The Next Challenge?

Should go up sometime next week. Enjoy the break in the meantime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back