PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! I don’t know about you all, but I’m incredibly excited for Brilliant Stars. Not only is there a brand new mechanic and some exciting cards to boot, but it’s also — if everything stays on schedule — the set that will make up the final piece of the format for our first Regional Championships (hopefully, at least!). With that in mind, if you’ve been looking forward to the return of official organized play, you’ll want to pay close attention to this set.
SM1_EN_161.png

In Brilliant Stars, there are a lot of new cards, but there are also plenty of familiar faces. The names might not be quite the same, but this set has a ridiculous number of reprints, or at least near-reprints. We’re effectively regaining Double Colorless Energy, Choice...
Continue reading...

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Again, why am I able to comment on this? I mean, I guess it isn't a big deal, but I thought that these articles weren't supposed to be commentable, as I never noticed the ability to comment on these articles until recently.
Just thought that someone on the staff might want to know.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This is just a news story. Anyone is free to comment. Premium members are able to get help with your deck or ask questions about the article directly in the Subscribers Hideout.

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
If this format didnt have genesect v, it would actually be a good format

But a ban will never happen, they dont care
Genesect isn't a card that needs to be banned, I don't think it inherently falls into the same category of card that produces game breaking combinations, it just provides a consistent draw engine. I think the biggest hurdle is that there is nothing that can keep up with that pace.

There will be something to top it, there always is. Strong/Agile Style could come in with some dominant dark types and push Mew out as BDIF. Time will tell.

Safe to say though, Brilliant Stars is providing some absolute essentials for the next 2 years of rotation.

pikal

Aspiring Trainer
If this format didnt have genesect v, it would actually be a good format

But a ban will never happen, they dont care
I don’t think mew is too dominant for a ban. Almost all the top decks have around a 50/50 matchup against mew. I don’t think mew vmax should be banned. If anything where to be banned, it would be meloetta.