• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Best Magnezone / Dusk Mane Necrozma Deck

oliver bruce

Aspiring Trainer
images

POKEMON: 18
3 dusk mane necrozma gx
3 magnemite
1 magneton
3 magnezone
2 staryu
2 starmie
1 dialga gx
1 solgaleo prism
2 tapu lele gx

TRAINERS: 30

Supporters: 12
3 guzma
4 sycamore
3 N
1 Cynthia
1 Bridgette

Items: 12
4 ultra ball
1 professors letter
4 rare candy
1 pal pad
1 rescue stretcher
1 field blower

Tools: 3
2 choice band
1 fighting furry belt

Stadiums: 3
3 Mt. coronet

ENERGYS: 12
12 metal energy

WEAKNESSES:
The deck is great and can fight off big slow decks but, fighting greninja and garbodor are hard as ability lock is tuff with no magnezone being able to a tach lots of energys, but using solgaleo prism is the best couter to theses decks. I personally bet greninja on line, and drew to greninja and garbodor in real life league cups.

OPTIONS:
There are many things that could be changed to people's preferences, as only 3 3 line of magnezone, only 3 rare candys, what magnemites to use, I personally use 2 energy grabbing ones and one ability protecting one, you could also use genesect ex or celesteela gx, you also could use energy acceleration registeel to get energy, and finally I could see the deck teaching in max elixirs.

I would like to hear what you think of the deck and what you would change or add, and your deck in general. Or how you go at tournament as I came 3rd, 1st and 3rd again using this new awesome deck.

Hey, I would take out a sycamore and add another cynthia. It just helps early on and late in the game when you dont want to throw away cards and need a decent amount of drawn cards. I actually run a 3/3/3 line of draw supporters, unless I'm running Zoroark GX or Octillery from BreakThrough.

Decent list! I'll built a list that is very similar.

My suggestions:

+1 Brigette for consistency
+2 Field blower to keep Garbodor (Garbotoxin) from completely shutting you down

- 1 FFB
-2 Choice bands

Duskmane is going to one shot everything with except Stage 2 metal decks (and Decidueye-GX I guess), which are not that common in the current meta, so tools aren't really needed imho.

I use choice bands because when i go into a mirror match I neeed fighting furry belt or choice band to nock out the fighting furry belted Pokemon, also I vs lots of desidueye and solgaleo metagross and fighting furry belt buzzwole and dusk mane, I also feel that 1 bridge is enough as all you want on your bench turn one is a magnemite, more field blowers are a good idea for garb but I don't know what to take out and I also don't vs garb that much at all, and usually I use solgaleo prism to come a draw or a win, the only problem I face is greninja but I don't want to run a Pokemon ranger just to get energy. But you have got some good ideas.

Field blower for an energy, that Garbodor match up will be quite harsh otherwise.

Perhaps 2 ffb 1 choice instead? Belted Dusk mane will KO anything anyway, and you could save that choice for Dialga to use timeless gx for 180 to ensure 4 prize turn.

I would suggest running 1 Altar of the Sunne , I have a very similar deck and it really helps against ho-oh and turtonator Volcanion.

I would suggest running 1 Altar of the Sunne , I have a very similar deck and it really helps against ho-oh and turtonator Volcanion.
I wouldn't recommend Altar because it's essentially active during the opponent's turn, given that the opponent can remove it with Field Blower or a counter stadium before attacking. The aforementioned decks tend to run high counts of Scorched Earth or Brooklet Hill to offset a single copy of Altar.

I'm trying to begin to play the acrchetype and was using this article to help me make adjustments. But what i'm confused about is the 2-2 line of starmie. If you don't mind, I would like to better understand the benefits of playing the starmie if your already playing a 3 count of mount coronet.

I'm trying to begin to play the acrchetype and was using this article to help me make adjustments. But what i'm confused about is the 2-2 line of starmie. If you don't mind, I would like to better understand the benefits of playing the starmie if your already playing a 3 count of mount coronet.
Sometimes getting 2 energies with Coronet isn't enough; with all the counter stadiuming and Field Blowering, Starmie can act as backup energy retrieval. With Starmie and Coronet out at the same time, Dusk Mane can chain Meteor Tempests consistently.

Back