The Best HG/SS Prerelease Combos?

deogenerate

レッツwwwケ­゙ッw­­­­­w(乂՞ټ՞)✧スクラッチンwww
So, what do you guys think will be good combos for the upcomin prereleases? Probably anybody who is lucky to get Great Feraligatr and other "good" Waters will have a good chance at winning, whileGreat Crobat and Great Donphan are also good for extreme Poison and good damge for two energies, too.

Crobat isn't in this set. If someone manages to pull even a 1-1 of Donphan, then it is auto win. The new primape could be good if you are lucky, a primitive snipe really. Lol. Someone lucky enough to pull Noctowl will get some good draw power(lol). Parasect would be a great stall, and then of course Great Gatr.

A 3-2-2 Jumpluff would be awesome. With 2 PetM and some other things (Rare Candy if they decide to put it in this set). Or a 2-1 Donphan Prime.

Great is better than Prime :p.

Another one is Great Typhlosion and Arcanine. 90 for 4 is so-so, but in here it would be good since the only other major threat would be Great Feraligatr+good Water. Just remebered Great Crobat is being cut out of the English set, too, so no serious poison threat excpet MAYBE from Ariados. Pokemon Reversal is a good revenge killer. Someone tries to run, get them back in. Hooray for Elm's Method/Bill/DCE/Fisherman's return \o/. So many good trainers coming back!

this is pretty much impossible, and hard to get out, but feraligatr prime and ho-oh legend, rain dance and it turns to fire

^^Its not pretty much impossible, it IS impossible. Great Gatr only attaches water energy to water pokemon. Because of this, Ho-Oh cannot receive the energy like that. If you had a way of MOVING the energy to Ho-oh, then it would work, otherwise, you cannot attach from Gatr straight to Ho-oh.

Jumpluff can decimate the entire field and isn't 2-shotted by Donphan. Good game right there.
Oh, and pick yourself up a Hypno if you get it.

Beedrill! One energy for a chance at 100. It's flippy, but its good for a prerelease! Heracross for grass decks, Amphy (Non Prime) would be great. 2 Lightning energies from your deck? Wow.

I think any card which is bad will be good for a pre-release. It always is, since they can deal solid damage without the need of trainer acceleration. I know its weird lol.

What is so good about jumpluff? It is horrible lol.

kashmaster said:
I think any card which is bad will be good for a pre-release. It always is, since they can deal solid damage without the need of trainer acceleration. I know its weird lol.

What is so good about jumpluff? It is horrible lol.

So a max of 120 for one isn't bad? If you have a full bench, you are already doing a minimum of 70 for one.

Legend Ho-Oh, if you can somehow get both parts, is a good idea to place in your deck. It might be hard to get out, but with the new supporters and the fact that Ho-Oh has his Poke Body, he can be used in any prerelease deck.

Gliscor said:
So a max of 120 for one isn't bad? If you have a full bench, you are already doing a minimum of 70 for one.

Legend Ho-Oh, if you can somehow get both parts, is a good idea to place in your deck. It might be hard to get out, but with the new supporters and the fact that Ho-Oh has his Poke Body, he can be used in any prerelease deck.

actually it can do much more. imagine a full bench with 2 of the shaymins that increase power and an expert belt on :D

too bad you cant get it in the pre-release :(

sonicyellow said:
actually it can do much more. imagine a full bench with 2 of the shaymins that increase power and an expert belt on :D

too bad you cant get it in the pre-release :(
Max of 120 base damage ;D

Beedrill(as stated above), Ariados(I mean leech seed follows by poison extract would be so good...), Arcanine(for his first attack, a solid 50 for 2), Slowbro(big yawn FTW), Furret is a great Bebes search, Butterfree is very good, and if you could pull a Gyrados and charge it, hooooo momma thats a monster. Azumarill, Farfetch'd is a great starter. Lol.

Not really a combo, but Feraligatr can spread 20 to all for 3 energy. And it's an uncommon. Epic.

If a line of it is pulled, Ampharos can be pretty deadly. Damage and swift energy attachment(along with deck thinning) is quite scary in this limited format.

Blissey seems promising at 130 HP. Self-energy acceleration with an attack that does 80 can spell trouble for your opponent. And Moo Moo Milk can recover that lost HP.

Exeggutor looks awesome. Just look at it.

I can see Granbull+Great Ursaring happening once the prereleases are done with Flygon RR+Nidoqueen RR.

DeoxysUnknownForme said:
I can see Granbull+Great Ursaring happening once the prereleases are done with Flygon RR+Nidoqueen RR.

Great Ursaring isn't in this set IIRC.

I think anyone who pulls the Donphan Prime line will win in a pre release setting.

1 for 60 is just hard to match in a pre release.

^^As well as reducing the damage by 20. Healing would be a problem, but you could charge up for his big 90 attack and just slug out 90 after 90...

Back