DPPt/HGSS the BAD things about HG/SS

Man, Clair annoyed me. She was the only one to completely knock me out (at the time I wasn't spreading my exp between the group so Typhlosion was at a reasonable level when everyone else, well, wasn't) and so I spent about as long as I'd already spent on the game grinding outside the Safari Zone gate, which got boring, fast.

P.S. Mind you, Pryce's pokemon may just have seemed underleveled when you go up against an ice gym with Typhlosion...

my only problems that i dont think were mentioned was having to trade to get leafeon glaceon magmortar etc. it made no sense to me. if its a 4th gen remake it should have pokemon like togekiss and electivire in the pokedex it would have made trainers stronger to.

I've yet to figure out how you can delete people from your list of phone numbers.

I hate about not having to delete people you don't want from the PokeGear too.

I've had many problems about SoulSilver that I wasn't too pleased to see. First off is that unlike the Sinnoh based games, you cannot easily get every Pokemon in the regional dex by the use of the Global Terminal. Examples of this being not every Johto Pokemon can be seen in a single copy, the 3rd starter not used by you or your rival is never seen period unlike in D/P/Pt, and also the fossil Pokemon can go unseen as well, but mostly the unevolved ones. Also I find the use of the PokeWalker for Hoenn based Pokemon very annoying.
As for the main game itself though, I always run out of money because the saving system doesn't really work properly anymore as it's as if you end up giving up most of it to your mom than in the originals. Pacing is also very difficult in comparison to D/P/Pt as at later points in the game trainers in Johto still use level 10-16 Pokemon while your Pokemon are probably fully evolved and or in the 30s or 40s, making training alot more difficult. Alsothe Kanto half is disappointingly short because there's almost no interuptions between each gym to add more length to the games making that half seem as short as the average time to beat the first 3 gyms in Hoenn or Sinnoh. When I looked at the total play time after beating Red for some reason it was around the same amount of time I took to beat Cynthia in Platinum, mostly because of Kanto's pacing and smaller routes in comparison. HG/SS had full potential to be larger than Sinnoh, but sadly they didn't even come close to that length.

^the finishing your regional dex thing annoyed me, too
and we all agree that the wild/trainer's pokemon's levels and kanto were dissapointing

I'm atleast thankful my brother chose Totodile on his HeartGold version, because it would've otherwise been impossible to get Chikorita any other way since I could not mark it as seen on my file. Also at first I thought the underleveled trainers was a good thing but by the time I hit the 8th gym it hit me on how stupid that idea was because it forced my team to be seriously underleveled and because every training spot I had at the time was underleveled it almost felt as if I were forced to trade in my Rayquaza from Platinum, and even then because I was constantly underleveled I ended up wasting all my money on potions, full heals, etc and I was forced to use my Master Ball on Lugia instead of trying to enjoy the challenge of catching it. Everything after the first battle with the Elite Four was disappointing, because since you had enough badges to have every Pokemon obey you, there was no real point in doing Kanto because you could easily do it with a level 100 traded in from another game. Honestly I wish I could atleast erase my file and start all over to see if I can manage to do it without cheats, but I have far too many important Pokemon on my file already and it would take too long to trade everything back to Platinum, though once I get White I'll send everything over to that file and erase my SoulSilver file to reattempt everything.
Edit: Oh yeah I forgot about this. The 4th Gen introduced Pokemon that evolve from past Pokemon and or evolve at very specific locations such as Mt. Coronet. Game Freak neglected to add substitute locations for those Pokemon in HG/SS and thus certain Pokemon such as Glacion, Leafeon, Magnezone, and Probopass are unobtainable in HG/SS unless their previous forms are traded over to any Sinnoh based game, which I find partially annoying but not really important in my eyes because a complaint like that would only be a complaint to those who didn't have a Sinnoh based game.

I hate the fact that there are no strong trainers. I have beaten Morty and went straight to Mahogany, and my team is barely lv.28.

Voltorb Flip, what were they thinking? They could have at least let you be able to buy coins, but no, they had to be annoying. I've played about 10 times because I want Ice Beam for my Quagsire, and at this rate it will be a decade before I have enough coins.

Also, the lack of ways to gain Evolutionary Stones is so irritating. I want a Jolteon so much, but I have to use Electrode, a Pokemon I don't like that much.

I wish there was a way to revive fossils pre-E4, but I have to be in Pewter City before I can.

Back