The 90's Cartoons Extravaganza Thread!

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hey all, I know a lot of you Beachers are 90's kids, and some of us may be in our 20's or older now... but that doesn't mean we grew up! We still remember all the fantastical, silly, strange, and downright hilarious cartoons from the 90's when we were growing up.

So here is a thread for all of the 90's kids to discuss the cartoons they enjoyed growing up. Post video clips, episodes, quotes, characters, or anything else related to 90's cartoons! We can all reminisce together. Also, feel free to post anything from 90's Nickelodeon in general.

AND even if you aren't a 90's kid, enjoy watching the videos and clips and discovering cartoons you didn't know existed. Just try not to be disturbed too much! (lol) :p

Here's one I watched all the time in the mornings when I was a kid:

Woah, this thread was made for me!

Let me start with my all time favorite Cartoon Network show: The Powerpuff Girls!!
I know it recently got rebooted and people seem to hate it (I haven't checked it out yet), but I agree that you just can't beat the original! This show was my life in 4th grade! The best part was the ending theme, still one of the best ending themes of all time:

Oh and who could forget this amazing gem:
Good times. :D

These were a few cartoons I loved to watch growing up (Pokemon notwithstanding):

(Rocko's Modern Life)

(CatDog)

(Ed, Edd n Eddy)

Wasn't a cartoon but Power Rangers.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Sailor Moon. Does the original Yugioh count? Anyone remember Cardcaptors

Garfield.

A lot of the Disney shows like Darkwing Duck and Tale Spin.

Ooh, not a carton but Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Oh, and then we have: "Dehydrated water. Just add water and...never mind."

Anyone else been watching the 90's cartoon reruns on Nicktoons? :D Happy to say I'm 21 and still love Rugrats! I find many episodes of the shows are much more enjoyable as an adult, hehe. Especially Rocko's Modern Life... ;)

A lot of the stuff I watched in the 90s was Japanese anime more than western cartoons: Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Cardcaptor Sakura. In the late-90s when I actually learned that the shows I loved all came from Japan, it was kind of an eye-opener for me. :p

For western animation from the 90s that I loved, there are a few that stand out to me...

Sonic SatAM, the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon that ran, as its name implies, early morning on Saturdays. I used to wake up incredibly early to watch this show! Sonic was part of a bunch of resistance fighters fighting against Robotnik, and it was pretty dark and dramatic over all. My favourite character was Sally, who was also a badass in the comics but seems to have been sadly neglected in later Sonic installments as she's never appeared in the game or anything, at least not that I'm aware of. There were actually 2 different Sonic shows, but this one was much better than the other, which was more humourous and just focused on Sonic and Tails.

Animaniacs: And I still think it's great, especially now that I understand all the jokes that I didn't as a kid. Definitely a show ahead of its time.

Doug/Rocko's Modern Life: I watched almost all of the '90s Nicktoons shows, but these two were my favourite and the ones that stand out to me the most now as an adult.

Aladdin's Animated Series: This probably sounds dumb, but it was actually a pretty amusing show that was mostly about Aladdin and Jasmine running around Agrabah and the surrounding desert areas and having adventures. They made up a bunch of new characters and the stories were all pretty interesting, with a bunch of villains and stuff too.

A lot of the stuff I watched in the 90s was Japanese anime more than western cartoons: Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Cardcaptor Sakura. In the late-90s when I actually learned that the shows I loved all came from Japan, it was kind of an eye-opener for me. :p

For western animation from the 90s that I loved, there are a few that stand out to me...

Sonic SatAM, the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon that ran, as its name implies, early morning on Saturdays. I used to wake up incredibly early to watch this show! Sonic was part of a bunch of resistance fighters fighting against Robotnik, and it was pretty dark and dramatic over all. My favourite character was Sally, who was also a badass in the comics but seems to have been sadly neglected in later Sonic installments as she's never appeared in the game or anything, at least not that I'm aware of. There were actually 2 different Sonic shows, but this one was much better than the other, which was more humourous and just focused on Sonic and Tails.

Animaniacs: And I still think it's great, especially now that I understand all the jokes that I didn't as a kid. Definitely a show ahead of its time.

Doug/Rocko's Modern Life: I watched almost all of the '90s Nicktoons shows, but these two were my favourite and the ones that stand out to me the most now as an adult.

Aladdin's Animated Series: This probably sounds dumb, but it was actually a pretty amusing show that was mostly about Aladdin and Jasmine running around Agrabah and the surrounding desert areas and having adventures. They made up a bunch of new characters and the stories were all pretty interesting, with a bunch of villains and stuff too.

Someone else who remember Cardcaptors. I loved that show, and Kero was so cute. I have a Clow book with all of the cards around. I remember writing a story where I had Sailor Moon and her friends start training Pokémon. Didn't have more than the first two gens at that point.

I forgot about Animaniacs ("What are we going to do tonight?" "The same thing we do every night, try to take over the world.") I liked that one too.

And Aladdin, I loved that one. Like right next to Darkwing Duck at one point. From the villain perspective I liked Mozenwrath and Mirage.

I was more of a 00's kid than a 90's kid, but I did like Ed, Edd, n Eddy and Dexter's Laboratory from the 90's. I was especially obsessed with Ed, Edd, n Eddy, I used to quote it all of the time.

there were these movie-based cartoons that i really liked back in the place i used to live in
back to the future, bill and ted, and toxic crusaders which i only found was based on an actual movie only a few years ago

Back