The 2nd School thread!

ShayminSky

I see what you did there...
Welcome to the 2nd Offical Pokebeach School thread! When do you start school? How was School today? lol, so start!

RE: The 2nd Official Pokebeach School thread!

I would be glad to tell... still have to wait 6 more days :]

RE: The 2nd Official Pokebeach School thread!

I changed the title because... this is not official at all. lol

School starts on Wednsday for me. Location is private (sorry stalkers), and I have absolutely no clue who my teachers are. I've heard 8th grade is fun, I hope so.

I start school on Monday (August 31st), this summer felt like it passed by fast. I'll be going to 8th grade, hopefully it's fun.

I start on the 1st of September. I'm pretty excited, as I'll be going to middle school as a 6th grader. Our school goes grades 5, 6, and 7, so I don't have to worry about Freshman Friday. Not that that was much to worry about in the first place...

This Summer went by the quickest, and it only felt like a month. On the East Coast, we got horrible summer weather. I start school in 16 days.

@Juliacoolo, same here, no clue who my teachers are. My class was posted today on the school's website... it sucks pretty much, ah well, I'm going to make a nice time of it.

But can anyone tell me how the schools in the US work? How old you need to be for what grade etc? Cuz I don't understand it anymore xD (we've an other system in the Netherlands)

In the US the grades are generally for only one year, like this:
Kindergarten-5 years old
1st Grade-6
2nd-7
3rd-8
and so on, with you aging a year for ever grade that you pass. You should be 17 by the time you get into 12th grade, unless you skip or fail a grade.
So to sum it up, you start at age 5, advance 1 grade every year, growing a year older every year, and 12th grade being the last grade before going off to college or working to pay for college, or perhaps even just getting a job without college. In the US, college is like a higher level of learning that is optional and comes after your 12 years of the k-12 system.

And I already have 2 projects for world geography @_@ on the second day of school lol...

ragingphantom said:
In the US the grades are generally for only one year, like this:
Kindergarten-5 years old
1st Grade-6
2nd-7
3rd-8
and so on, with you aging a year for ever grade that you pass. You should be 17 by the time you get into 12th grade, unless you skip or fail a grade.
So to sum it up, you start at age 5, advance 1 grade every year, growing a year older every year, and 12th grade being the last grade before going off to college or working to pay for college, or perhaps even just getting a job without college. In the US, college is like a higher level of learning that is optional and comes after your 12 years of the k-12 system.

And I already have 2 projects for world geography @_@ on the second day of school lol...
Uh... that makes me in the 10th grade then?

Anyway, we've (optionally) In the Netherlands it's like this:
We've something like an elementary school.
First 2 years not much than ''playing'' and learning how to treat other children etc. You'll most likely go to that when you're about 4 or something.
Then in the 3rd grade, you'll learn how to write and read. And so on.
It'll end in the 8th grade, then you should be around 12.
After that we've something like a high school, anyway this is where you get the real subjects like English, French, Physics, Chemistry etc. The grade system starts over again so you'll start in the 1st grade again. This is from 4 to 6 six years depending on how ''smart'' you are. So that makes me in the 3rd grade in the Netherlands... and still 4 years to go ._.
Oh and of course after that you can choose to go to an University, or whatever you want to do...

Started Yesterday, have been posting in the Chillax Zone about my school days so far, I'll probably move that to here, if it stays alive.

7th grader witha 1hr bus ride :SS Here it's
K-6th at Elementary
7-9th at Jr. High(9th is cred tho)
10-12th at high.

Lolmonster said:
7th grader witha 1hr bus ride :SS Here it's
K-6th at Elementary
7-9th at Jr. High(9th is cred tho)
10-12th at high.

That's how I have it just without K in elementary.

Starting school on September first...not sure if I'm happy or not.

Back